You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The bill was co-written by Democrats.

Schumer Sunday: "to my delight and surprise there has been a great deal of bipartisan cooperation"

If these corporations take a serious hit there will be layoffs. They are not built to weather a storm like this. That's nonsense.

I called your argument a straw man because I'm not saying FU to small business.

The House has been and will always be the pulse of the country.

Those layoffs already happened...corporate America made their decision already...protect themselves and isolate.

If you give them money now they’re gonna hoard it.

All of these things Dems are leveraging right now are for normal every day people.

Dude, it was in the bill they can't do stock buybacks/hoard. AND THEY WILL NOT HAVE A JOB TO GO BACK TO. How is demanding 35 million for the Kennedy Center help normal every day people? What did any of their demands have to do with the virus? You cannot be this gullible.

This is what i mean...you’re very selective with your outrage.

A $15 minimum wage would help people right now...any assistance with student loans will help people right now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Those layoffs already happened...corporate America made their decision already...protect themselves and isolate.

All of these things Dems are leveraging right now are for normal every day people.

Dude, it was in the bill they can't do stock buybacks/hoard. AND THEY WILL NOT HAVE A JOB TO GO BACK TO. How is demanding 35 million for the Kennedy Center help normal every day people? What did any of their demands have to do with the virus? You cannot be this gullible.

A $15 minimum wage would help people right now...any assistance with student loans will help people right now.

It will help them lose their jobs quicker.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ok you can argue that if you want...but that’s not a certainty.

I’m not in favor of another bail out for rich people and big business...we all pay into the federal treasury...most of us get ignored in times like these.

There were provisions in the 2008 bail out to...but bad faith actors will always find the loop holes and i have no faith in big business to do the right thing for everybody.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’m not in favor of another bail out for rich people and big business...we all pay into the federal treasury...most of us get ignored in times like these.

There were provisions in the 2008 bail out to...but bad faith actors will always find the loop holes and i have no faith in big business to do the right thing for everybody.

It is a certainty mitch.  Math is math.  If they are going to lose their jobs at their current salary, they're most definitely losing it at $15/hr. 

You're not in favor of anything except exactly what you want.  You have no concept of compromise; you have no concept of acting swiftly even if it's not the ideal situation because there's enough good to help people.  The Republicans did that with the house bill.  The Democrats again screw their own by refusing to accept anything other than exactly what they want.  It's no wonder you think they are so good...you think the same idiotic way that they do. 

"It's my way or the highway" - Democratic battle cry!!!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It is a certainty mitch.  Math is math.  If they are going to lose their jobs at their current salary, they're most definitely losing it at $15/hr. 

You're not in favor of anything except exactly what you want.  You have no concept of compromise; you have no concept of acting swiftly even if it's not the ideal situation because there's enough good to help people.  The Republicans did that with the house bill.  The Democrats again screw their own by refusing to accept anything other than exactly what they want.  It's no wonder you think they are so good...you think the same idiotic way that they do. 

That's just not how I see it...first of all, it seemed based on everything I'm reading that a) these loans may never have to be paid back and b) there is little to no contingency plan on how the money is spent. Forgive me if I don't trust people to spend that money on labor and those who are out of work because their companies already let them go.

What's unemployment? $400 buck per week about? Maybe $500?

Why is business getting a $1 trillion plus bail out and unemployed people are getting crumbs?

Seriously...tell me why.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/absolutely-i … 50404.html

This is absolutely unacceptable and pretty much personifies the Republicans' approach to this...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That's just not how I see it...first of all, it seemed based on everything I'm reading that a) these loans may never have to be paid back and b) there is little to no contingency plan on how the money is spent. Forgive me if I don't trust people to spend that money on labor and those who are out of work because their companies already let them go.

Why is business getting a $1 trillion plus bail out and unemployed people are getting crumbs?

Seriously...tell me why.

For starters, you have no idea what people are getting or how they are getting it, so let's stop pretending you have any merit to your outrage.

Think just for one second mitch...that's all this should take.  If the big businesses fold, what do you think is happening to the "regular person" you pretend to care so much about?  Discussion over.

The list ID posted a couple pages before is asinine.  That whole list is a pile of crap on s stimulus bill meant to handle a crisis situation.  If you're not willing to admit that, there's no reason for anyone to engage you on this subject because you're clueless.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Seriously...tell me why.

For starters, you have no idea what people are getting or how they are getting it, so let's stop pretending you have any merit to your outrage.

Think just for one second mitch...that's all this should take.  If the big businesses fold, what do you think is happening to the "regular person" you pretend to care so much about?  Discussion over.

The list ID posted a couple pages before is asinine.  That whole list is a pile of crap on s stimulus bill meant to handle a crisis situation.  If you're not willing to admit that, there's no reason for anyone to engage you on this subject because you're clueless.

I do know what people are getting in Illinois because I looked it up. It's $471 per week. I am informing myself so I can help my employees decide if they want to file. So...I do know how much people get in unemployment benefits right now.

Stop acting like I'm an uninformed idiot.

I honestly didn't see that list on any of the articles I looked at...it was mostly about student loans and raising the amount each person gets substantially.

I disagree with you about big business....big business will take that money and do whatever the hell they please with it. And that doesn't necessarily mean Once they have it, they're not obligated to help anyone but themselves. This hope and pray things trickle down is bullshit. I have no faith in that plan.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Seriously...tell me why.

I do know what people are getting in Illinois because I looked it up. It's $471 per week. I am informing myself so I can help my employees decide if they want to file. So...I do know how much people get in unemployment benefits right now.

Stop acting like I'm an uninformed idiot.

I honestly didn't see that list on any of the articles I looked at...it was mostly about student loans and raising the amount each person gets substantially.

I disagree with you about big business....big business will take that money and do whatever the hell they please with it. And that doesn't necessarily mean Once they have it, they're not obligated to help anyone but themselves. This hope and pray things trickle down is bullshit. I have no faith in that plan.

You are an uninformed idiot. The law hasn't passed bro...you have no fucking idea.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Do you know what happens when 6u mandate it to $15 an hour? All costs RISE. The cost of living RISES. Every gain is offset by YOU having to pay for it with everything else you buy, pay for.Even the service industry who MAKE MORE than this through tips are against it because it will hurt their wages. Everywhere this has been implemented it has failed. Now they're talking $25-30 an hour. Guess what will happen then?

This is a philosophical debate, not anything that will help people who've already been paid off of our off the clock.

Board footer