You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/absolutely-i … 50404.html

This is absolutely unacceptable and pretty much personifies the Republicans' approach to this...

What are you talking about? Republicans in this article were criticizing him. Right in the opening! What does this have to do with Republicans when one douchebag is irresponsible?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, it was in the bill they can't do stock buybacks/hoard. AND THEY WILL NOT HAVE A JOB TO GO BACK TO. How is demanding 35 million for the Kennedy Center help normal every day people? What did any of their demands have to do with the virus? You cannot be this gullible.

This is what i mean...you’re very selective with your outrage.

A $15 minimum wage would help people right now...any assistance with student loans will help people right now.

Do you know what happens when 6u mandate it to $15 an hour? All costs RISE. The cost of living RISES. Every gain is offset by YOU having to pay for it with everything else you buy, pay for.Even the service industry who MAKE MORE than this through tips are against it because it will hurt their wages. Everywhere this has been implemented it has failed. Now they're talking $25-30 an hour. Guess what will happen then?

This is a philosophical debate, not anything that will help people who've already been paid off of our off the clock.

Fine...pass the bill the Republicans proposed and watch them take care of themselves while the rest of the country rots to hell.

By your argument, you're basically advocating for no wages or no minnimum wage anyway.

While you have the privilege of participating in theoretical discussions about some nonsense stimulus package for John Menard and whoever the fuck...I'm down here on earth having employee after employee coming to me crying. THere's nothing in the stimulus for them.

And the Dems have to show voters who sit at home that they'll fight for them. Or they'll lose again. This is a Bernie argument and I realize you feel like the Bernie people need to be thrown to the gutter bc who cares about them right?

misterID

misterID wrote:
misterID wrote:

Looks like Paul knew he had been in contact with someone with covid-19 for over a week but refused to self quarantine. He was seen in the Senate gym this morning.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This is what i mean...you’re very selective with your outrage.

A $15 minimum wage would help people right now...any assistance with student loans will help people right now.

Do you know what happens when 6u mandate it to $15 an hour? All costs RISE. The cost of living RISES. Every gain is offset by YOU having to pay for it with everything else you buy, pay for.Even the service industry who MAKE MORE than this through tips are against it because it will hurt their wages. Everywhere this has been implemented it has failed. Now they're talking $25-30 an hour. Guess what will happen then?

This is a philosophical debate, not anything that will help people who've already been paid off of our off the clock.

Fine...pass the bill the Republicans proposed and watch them take care of themselves while the rest of the country rots to hell.

By your argument, you're basically advocating for no wages or no minnimum wage anyway.

While you have the privilege of participating in theoretical discussions about some nonsense stimulus package for John Menard and whoever the fuck...I'm down here on earth having employee after employee coming to me crying. THere's nothing in the stimulus for them.

And the Dems have to show voters who sit at home that they'll fight for them. Or they'll lose again. This is a Bernie argument and I realize you feel like the Bernie people need to be thrown to the gutter bc who cares about them right?

This is so shameless. I never said I'm against wages. What a dick thing to say. I just laid out why you don't raise MW when they're just trying to get money to people RIGHT NOW. People who wouldn't even benefit from it.

Take care of your employees. This is your responsibility. One way is to stop cheering people who are preventing them from getting that help. You're putting your hate-filled hard-on for Trump and Bernie love over your employees. That's on you. This is about getting them help, not playing political games which you are praising. I feel for them, especially knowing that when they're trying their boss is on here wanting to push forward a political agenda and using their misery to do it. This is disgusting.

"Sen. Schumer is now retconning the Rubio-Collins-Cardin small business assistance that has been in this bill since the very first Republican draft as something he fought valiantly for in the last 1-2 days and only won through heroic negotiations."

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is so shameless. I never said I'm against wages. What a dick thing to say. I just laid out why you don't raise MW when they're just trying to get money to people RIGHT NOW. People who wouldn't even benefit from it.

Take care of your employees. This is your responsibility. One way is to stop cheering people who are preventing them from getting that help. You're putting your hate-filled hard-on for Trump and Bernie love over your employees. That's on you. This is about getting them help, not playing political games which you are praising. I feel for them, especially knowing that when they're trying their boss is on here wanting to push forward a political agenda and using their misery to do it. This is disgusting.

"Sen. Schumer is now retconning the Rubio-Collins-Cardin small business assistance that has been in this bill since the very first Republican draft as something he fought valiantly for in the last 1-2 days and only won through heroic negotiations."

I think it’s shameless for you to scare people with economic theories.

I want you to look at all the industries that were declared essential and then scratch your head at how the economy treats them.

Tomorrow is March 25...pay day in my company...guess who made the executive decision to take care of all my employees while the government sorts this out? Not one person is going without what the expected to have.

I’m trying my best to walk the walk and talk the talk.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Good on ya mitchejw 5

Hopefully this doesnt persist too long and hopefully governments can get their shit in order to help biz big and small survive

What is ur feild of work if u dont mind my asking?

My province in canada has closed all non essential services,  my line of work has been deemed essential but luckily we are pretty advanced in the tech curve and we are now 100% remote, my wife is also able to work remotely

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I want you to look at all the industries that were declared essential and then scratch your head at how the economy treats them.

Tomorrow is March 25...pay day in my company...guess who made the executive decision to take care of all my employees while the government sorts this out? Not one person is going without what the expected to have.

These aren't theories, this has happened in New York, Seattle, LA, who've implemented your $15 minimum wage and it didn't solve anything, but just raised the cost of living, solved nothing, and are still the leading areas of income inequality.

Good for you, I want you to tell yourself why you want to play with people's livelihood so you can force your Bernie philosophical beliefs into a stimulus package using people's misery as your bargaining chip.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

These aren't theories, this has happened in New York, Seattle, LA, who've implemented your $15 minimum wage and it didn't solve anything, but just raised the cost of living, solved nothing, and are still the leading areas of income inequality.

Good for you, I want you to tell yourself why you want to play with people's livelihood so you can force your Bernie philosophical beliefs into a stimulus package using people's misery as your bargaining chip.

I don’t need to tell myself l need to tell you...

The people have all the bargaining chips right now and it’s time to use them.

You can’t tell someone they’re vital employees and pay them minimum wage and risk their health.

Some how i get the impression that you think it weak that I chose to do what I did. That i should hoard what I have and tell people that we’re integral in building this with me to fuck off.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You can’t tell someone they’re vital employees and pay them minimum wage and risk their health.

The people?  Who the fuck are these magical people?  Do you have any idea how many people DON'T want $15/hr because they actually understand there will still be poor people, there will just be more of them and they'll be making $15/hr instead of $7.50?  There is absolutely nothing that can be done about it...there are always going to be poor people.  The democrats just want to pass laws that make more of them so they have a bigger voting block.  Some people are finally starting to see that and moves like this are just making it clearer.  They are going to cost themselves any shot at the middle-class.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don’t need to tell myself l need to tell you...

Some how i get the impression that you think it weak that I chose to do what I did. That i should hoard what I have and tell people that we’re integral in building this with me to fuck off.

What a scumbag thing to say. Don't complain anymore. Not about Trump, Repubs, anyone. You are 10X worse. You're doing this to your employees. The reason politicians are emboldened to play games during this crisis is because they know there are rubes who'll support them no matter what.

Stop lying about what I said or try and pass your lies off as what I think. I'm sorry I'm not the imaginary cliche character you need to try and salvage your stupidass arguments. All this "by that argument" and "I get the feeling" is total bullshit, it's just a way for you to weasel your way into a lie about me. Stop trying to be the martyr here. I feel awful for your employees because they've got a boss who loves to gloat about doing the right thing while simultaneously cheers his side using their suffering to jerk off on a stimulus bill that'll help them. All because now's the time to force people into Bernie's America.

It will never happen, it won't pass, they're just wasting time, which is the whole goal.

Board footer