You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-messa … 02733.html

This is a great opinion that I share...Shameful.

Republican governors across the country are not taking this seriously. If they are going to undermine public health, then they should have restricted access to equipment.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think the massive shutdowns will begin to show an impact in about a week. In areas that did it at least (me).  Interstate travel & states who did not impose it will lag, and the shutdowns extend, but I believe next week will be about the peak. April 30 sounds close to right, with most states & businesses extending it. Personally I think alot of offices resume mid May or after Memorial Day.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think the massive shutdowns will begin to show an impact in about a week. In areas that did it at least (me).  Interstate travel & states who did not impose it will lag, and the shutdowns extend, but I believe next week will be about the peak. April 30 sounds close to right, with most states & businesses extending it. Personally I think alot of offices resume mid May or after Memorial Day.

I think we will begin to get back to normal on April 30. However...full recovery is over a year away.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think we will begin to get back to normal on April 30. However...full recovery is over a year away.

Yeah, although I think 'full recovery' can mean different things. I think MLB, movies & summer concerts will be sparsely populated with most concert tours being cancelled or pushed back. I think NFL opening day we will sorta go back to normal, although after Halloween people shut down again & hibernate/isolate again during winter/flu season.  So yeah, next spring is when we kinda open back up. I think we'll just get used to this as the new normal for the time being, but just adapt to it. Facemasks at the supermarket, less going out to bars & restaurants etc. It sucks tho, cause they say drinks, both soda & beer, are where restaurants & fast food make their money, so prices may increase & employment may suffer. I'll probably start getting takeout pizza again soon.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I find it stunning how many people suddenly feel like closing borders (now even state to state) isn't racist.  Interesting times...

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I find it stunning how many people suddenly feel like closing borders (now even state to state) isn't racist.  Interesting times...

Not sure I really get your angle?   I mean, its mostly liberals who disagreed with shutting down borders with Mexico, and it's also mostly liberals (NYC) who disagree with shutting down borders of states.

So the pattern is the same.  I think it would violate the Constitution in 'Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

** I could really go for Five Guys soon  sad hmm

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think that will do anything anymore..it's already here. We 'closed' airports and what not way too late for it to have much effect.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

In my hometown (small town Wisconsin) people are assembling to protest the government forcing them to quarantine saying it's a violation of their constitutional rights.

We might actually need the national guard and more at some point.

Board footer