You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lol, so NYC, CHI, CA & Seattle are at fault due to their government & not their populations high proportionality of international travel and asian populations?

See, it begins there, then spreads to rural America, and it will spread. Only by then those other areas will be cleaning up from it and moving along.

This is why we have a CDC & HHS, which when the facts soon come out, will show Trump ignored.

Btw, Kushner was in charge. cool

LolWhat?

Nobody has a fucking clue, but you've figured it all out.  Brilliant!

My observation is that Trump has done a complete 180 and he’s sounding more like my governor. That just happened today.

Why is Trump sounding like our governor?

End of observation.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Your governor is a tool bro.  #facts

Oh fuck off buzz....you’re reckless and irresponsible

Nope, I'm informed and rational. You on the other hand are batshit crazy.

No...no you’re not rational...you’re just full of yourself.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lol, so NYC, CHI, CA & Seattle are at fault due to their government & not their populations high proportionality of international travel and asian populations?

See, it begins there, then spreads to rural America, and it will spread. Only by then those other areas will be cleaning up from it and moving along.

This is why we have a CDC & HHS, which when the facts soon come out, will show Trump ignored.

LolWhat?

No, I think its just bad luck that those major metros got hit first and the hardest.

Surely you can believe its a coincidence or that the rest of America simply has better 'Governors'?!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

LolWhat?

No, I think its just bad luck that those major metros got hit first and the hardest.

Surely you can believe its a coincidence or that the rest of America simply has better 'Governors'?!

It makes sense for two reasons:

1) Major cities are major hubs for air traffic and all other sorts of transportation.
2) People living in close quarters makes spreading more likely.

It's not a coincidence

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

LolWhat?

My observation is that Trump has done a complete 180 and he’s sounding more like my governor. That just happened today.

Why is Trump sounding like our governor?

End of observation.

Hardly.  Trump has bigger issues than Illinois.  Your shithead governor on the other hand only has one responsibility, and contrary to unpopular belief it's not to complete the pillaging of every state resource before everyone moves away.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

LolWhat?

Hindsight is 20/20.  It's easier to make decisions now, but the FACT remains is we still hardly know anything about the virus.  Doctors are guessing (granted educated guessing) and things are changing daily if not faster than that as a result. 

The President (regardless of who it is) isn't responsible for everything that happens.  Everyone points the finger when they don't like something he does and ignores the good things.  This isn't a political issue.  Governors are responsible for their states.  Why are you ignoring their failures while being pissed at Trump?  Serious question.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh fuck off buzz....you’re reckless and irresponsible

Nope...I know what I know and I know when to admit that I don't know.  I'm one of the few that's been saying we don't know from the beginning of this, yet here you guys are acting like you know something.  You don't. 

You lost your shit so bad that you had to be banned.  That's batshit crazy.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

LolWhat?

Hindsight is 20/20.  It's easier to make decisions now, but the FACT remains is we still hardly know anything about the virus.  Doctors are guessing (granted educated guessing) and things are changing daily if not faster than that as a result. 

The President (regardless of who it is) isn't responsible for everything that happens.  Everyone points the finger when they don't like something he does and ignores the good things.  This isn't a political issue.  Governors are responsible for their states.  Why are you ignoring their failures while being pissed at Trump?  Serious question.

Because he acknowledged its existence and bullshitted through it. Could he have known how bad it would get? probably not. I can understand not knowing what to do to a point. However, when you take a stance and then do a 180, makes me wonder. It makes me wonder who the leaders are and who the followers are...

A week ago Trump was talking about Easter based on nothing...nothing but bluster and a desperate attempt to protect his alleged forte...the economy and the stock market.

Now whether I care or agree that those things are important in the same way he does...or even you do...you know his re-election chances are diminished if he can't get us back to 'normal' by November.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Nope...I know what I know and I know when to admit that I don't know.  I'm one of the few that's been saying we don't know from the beginning of this, yet here you guys are acting like you know something.  You don't. 

You lost your shit so bad that you had to be banned.  That's batshit crazy.

Funny thing about that...I didn't get banned for what I thought I did.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I agree man...the absurdity of this thread is that a lot of people here think they’re geniuses...but the reality is this thread is filled with people with deep southern roots who deeply hate Democrats and ‘big government.’

What the hell are you talking about.  I think only ID and SG are in the south.  You could just as easily flip your narrtative as this thread is filled with people with big urban roots removed from reality and the rest of the world, who deeply hate America and want no consequences for personal action.  See how stupid that sounds?  Virtually everyone here save you, supported the Senate's bill - the largest spending bill in American history.  Kind of shoots your whole "big government" claim in the foot, but when did being wrong, deceitful and despicable stop you from shitting over this place?

mitchejw wrote:

They hate it while they support massive deficits and regurgitate conservative talking points and conservative economic theory. They talk about theory like they’re facts. They talk about propaganda like facts. They talk about opinions like they’re facts.

What conservative talking points.  Can you be specific and stay on topic for once, or will you just create strawman arguments that talk about the weather on Jupiter as if that somehow has any bearing on whatever topic you have a bug up your ass today.  (My personal favorite is when you gave us some sob story about your brother in the early 90s as evidence for Obamacare working)

mitchejw wrote:

An economic theory which by the way encourages labor to be treated like disposable paper plates...  used and discarded, and furthermore it’s believed labor should be grateful for this paradigm.

I'm sure you haven't read a single book on economics, but quoting Marx (whom I'm also sure you haven't read) isn't a good start.

mitchejw wrote:

But everything said here is an opinion....nothing more. Any time anyone tells you to get informed and beats their arrogant chests, they’re just spitting out ‘Yay America’ propaganda. That’s all i see it as...grown adults that need to be told how great their country because they exist in it. It’s like reading fairy tales to kids.

A lot of things are opinion, Mitch.  Like saying "I prefer medicare for all over private insurance" is an opinion.  Denying that Pelosi wanted a bunch of pork in the stimulus (that was cut thank god) and parroting "fake news" isn't an opinion, it's being objectively wrong.  It's my opinion you're not very informed.  It's my opinion that someone who repeatedly uses racial slurs, even to attempt to deflect said terms on to others, is a low life, piece of shit move used by people with limited mental faculties.  It's my opinion that someone who gets banned, then cries that their livelihood was threatened when someone said "How would your customers like to know all the racial slurs and attacks against the military you make in your private life" as some kind of attempt to silence you, rather than get you to quit being a bigot and assess if you genuinely mean these things, lacks any notion of self awareness.  You have no problem using your workers as pawns to pass your Sanders utopia, and I wonder how your employees would feel about your comments on them deserving this virus.  Hell, I wonder how your wife would feel if she found out you were on the internet telling people they (and your family) deserved this.  No one is going to "out" you, but you have to ask why you were so terrified of people finding out your actual comments and thoughts.  Is it because you know they're terrible and any normal person wouldn't want to associate with someone who said such things?  You'll play a victim, but assholes run the risk of being called an asshole. 

mitchejw wrote:

Same thing with healthcare...look how RF talks about American doctors and can’t help but throw in ‘world class.’ Everything here is the best just because it exists here.

America does have some of the best hospitals in the world.  I work for one.  Again, this isn't an opinion.  You can look at objective ratings of medical care, and identify whom is in the world best and who isn't.  You don't get to call shit an opinion because you're too stupid, uninformed, or deranged to look up objective material.  Saying "My doctor is the best in the world" can be written off as hyperbole, but saying "America has world class medical facilities" isn't.  More to the point  "THERE IS NO FUCKING TREATMENT FOR COVID!!!!!!!"  America is #2 in the world in handling COVID, and is probably #1.  I know this because you can look at the daily tracker of deaths related to COVID, and we're only slightly behind Germany.  Germany is testing many more people, so their relative mortality rate to identified sick is obviously going to be lower.  So despite that disparity in testing, the US is still only slightly behind them.  If you increase the model for probable sick in the US, we're #1.  This isn't opinion, it's hard fucking facts.  No one is going "rah rah America!".  You are just so self loathing you get gratification in self deprecation vis-a-vis your status as an American citizen. Just because you're unaware of something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

mitchejw wrote:

Don’t get me wrong...there are many great things about America...but i do not have to pretend the bad parts don’t exist to get by.

This thread is not a fair sample size and does not accurately reflect our country as a whole.

You're absolutely right.  Your opinions are on the extreme and aren't shared by a plurality of Americans.  As poll after poll has shown.  Most Americans don't repeatedly scream the N word on a GN'R forum, celebrate the covid pandemic, mock a veteran for an injury they sustained in Iraq, and just behave like a douchebag.

Notice not once did I say anything that was fabricated or implied as you're want to do. Just stayed everything you have actually said/done in the comments here.  You should try it.  We all know you don't, because without manufacturing arguments for you to get mad at, you'd be in the GN'R section with the other fanboys arguing over who would be a better best friend to Axl.

Oh, and as someone who has traveled the country and globe far more than you ever will, I'll take Nashville or Huntsville any day over Chicago.  But sorry boys, Memphis and Birmingham suck.  lol

Ok...you spent time on this...and you deserve a response...

1) I know you don't live in the south anymore but I believe that I am correct in recalling that you too, despite not living there anymore, you are originally from the south. The fact you felt the need to respond to this in this fashion confirms my belief, maybe.

2) trickle down economics is a theory which in reality turns very little results for labor. I know...labor should be grateful and thankful for the crumbs that they receive.

3) I have read several books about economics and have come to the conclusion, like many others, that we live in oligarchy. I quote Marx because of how labor struggles to have any real voice in politics and economics today. It's a shame that labor is ignored in 'democracy.'

4) Here's where I'm gonna hit you with some truth. The Republican house during the Obama did this shit over, and over, and over again. They voted to repeal Obamacare repeatedly. Imho, if Dems learned anything, they learned now to be the in minority based on ruthless McConnell tactics during that era. And it's why you hate Pelosi right now. Rewind 8 years and ask yourself if you gave a shit back then. I'm going to guess you didn't care...and not only did you not care, you didn't notice. Throw your personal insults beyond this...you threw your punches and so did I. I've never felt respect from you and have chosen to return in kind. It is an attack on me...because on my shit ass Wisconsin small town military recruits picked off one after another of my friends into the Iraq bullshit war. But I digress....I genuinely mean these things because they cost me friends...both when they chose to sign up and when they didn't return. For what? I ask you...for what? No...not all of them died but when they did come back they were worthless.

I stopped paying myself so that I can continue to pay my staff...that's both selfish and selfless. I need my team. A team I put together over the past 5 years. It's selfless because I can't see them do without. If you think that's a Bernie 'utopia' I will not spend time convincing you otherwise.

You wanna talk about assholes? It takes one to know one.

5) Stop...your stats and models are worthless with such a small sample size...this is the only time I'll agree with Buzz...no one knows. I'll concerned that there are places in which healthcare is teh best in the world here...but it's not accesible to most Americans...so what good is that right now?

6) This part was the hardest to follow...but yes I admit my opinions are opinions. The two most beautiful states I've ever seen are Kentucky and Montana. The best people I've ever met are in Chicago.

Last thing...I'm sorry for saying the stupid ass shit I said about your service. That wasn't warranted and it was embarrassing. You have a way of getting under my skin that I'm not used to...that's my problem. I personally apologize to you. It was  misdirected...I was an idiot.

Board footer