You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

55% now say the Gov't has done a poor job of handling the pandemic, up 8% from last week. Keep in mind, there's generally a two week lag in the virus, so in 2 weeks it'll be around 70%.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Who do you all think Biden chooses as VP?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I think he nods a female Gov, not sure who. Otherwise Klobuchar.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

55% now say the Gov't has done a poor job of handling the pandemic, up 8% from last week. Keep in mind, there's generally a two week lag in the virus, so in 2 weeks it'll be around 70%.

It’s not just that, it takes a while for information to get to some corners of the country. The more people that see all the footage of Trump downplaying this shit and never taking a lead in it is going to affect more than it won’t affect.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I honestly have no clue. I haven’t really even seen Biden since the big primaries in Illinois and other states.

Is he still making appearances? He seems to have been pushed to the back of the new cycle.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think he nods a female Gov, not sure who. Otherwise Klobuchar.

I think it would be wise to pick someone obviously younger and a bit more charismatic. The only time that I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Joe Biden was his surprise super Tuesday victory speech.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I honestly have no clue. I haven’t really even seen Biden since the big primaries in Illinois and other states.

Is he still making appearances? He seems to have been pushed to the back of the new cycle.

No, I just brought it up now that Bernie ended his campaign, somewhat officially making Biden the Dem nom.  I'm with you on not having seen him, I'll admit this whole news cycle has not helped him, it's kept him out of the limelight, although in a way that can be a positive.

I think he's too old. He has too many gaffe's that aren't gaffe's anymore. They're borderline or essentially early Parkinsons. I hate to say it, sounds cruel but it was noticeable. Plus he didn't campaign hard in Iowa or NH, and focused on SC then NV, then it was basically over. So he hasn't been tested in a long campaign trail like Hillary in 2016 and remember she had moments of wearing out. Bidens gaffe's won't hold up. I think his campaign knows it, and I think the DNC has been informed of it. Personally, I think something drastic happens.  Either a funded 3rd party candidate or something big happens at the convention.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

No, I just brought it up now that Bernie ended his campaign, somewhat officially making Biden the Dem nom.  I'm with you on not having seen him, I'll admit this whole news cycle has not helped him, it's kept him out of the limelight, although in a way that can be a positive.

I think he's too old. He has too many gaffe's that aren't gaffe's anymore. They're borderline or essentially early Parkinsons. I hate to say it, sounds cruel but it was noticeable. Plus he didn't campaign hard in Iowa or NH, and focused on SC then NV, then it was basically over. So he hasn't been tested in a long campaign trail like Hillary in 2016 and remember she had moments of wearing out. Bidens gaffe's won't hold up. I think his campaign knows it, and I think the DNC has been informed of it. Personally, I think something drastic happens.  Either a funded 3rd party candidate or something big happens at the convention.

Agreed...although unfortunate...however....people routinely ignore trumps gaffes so I’m unconvinced how much that matters. Also, don’t forget Trump is just a few years younger.

I guess I’ve never really given proper recognition that a campaign takes so much out of a person.

To me it all looks so flawless and easy from the outside but that’s probably on purpose.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Keep in mind they're jetsetting across the country, changing time zones, living in hotels, giving 40 minute speeches sometimes twice a day. Hour long limo rides back & forth from the airport, standing for upwards of an hour 2 or 3 times a day, every day, 6 or 7 days a week. For 70+, it's gotta be difficult.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Linda Tripp died. Doesnt seem Covid related, seems she had breast cancer off & on. Only 70, which means she was only late 40s when the Lewinsky thing went down. Man time goes by fast.  Geez, we've almost been posting on the boards that long.

Board footer