You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Trump is done. The Scarborough thing just broke him, along with his new press secretary. He's lost the "hold your nose and vote" republicans. All he has left are the sheep.

I'm not voting if Biden selects Abrams or Harris, can't do it. Biden is getting worse and worse, and the only thing that will change my mind is selecting Klobuchar.

Nope.  When push comes to shove, people are going to vote against the Dems.  The right will fear-monger their way to victory unless the left does a better job of fear-mongering.

This will be the sleaziest election ever.  It will be more negative than ever and both sides have easy targets.  Nobody will be motivated by the candidate, so it's all about who can be more sleazy.  Pathetic.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Trump is done. The Scarborough thing just broke him, along with his new press secretary. He's lost the "hold your nose and vote" republicans. All he has left are the sheep.

I'm not voting if Biden selects Abrams or Harris, can't do it. Biden is getting worse and worse, and the only thing that will change my mind is selecting Klobuchar.

Nope.  When push comes to shove, people are going to vote against the Dems.  The right will fear-monger their way to victory unless the left does a better job of fear-mongering.

This will be the sleaziest election ever.  It will be more negative than ever and both sides have easy targets.  Nobody will be motivated by the candidate, so it's all about who can be more sleazy.  Pathetic.

This is exactly what trump wanted.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's a chance he wins, of course, but he got into office from people not voting or voting third party because everyone assumed he'd lose. He was put into office because of "hold your nose and vote" republicans. I think he's lost those. I can see people voting Biden and down balloting republicans, giving the house back to neutralize Biden's power.

All he had to do was shut up. Maybe Trump wants to be voted out, which is what I'm really starting to believe.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I’ve been reading that the portion of voters that hate both candidates but still vote are going Biden by a 4-1 margin right now. Not that any of that matters in May/June.

Trump got those same voters by a similar margin in 2016.

Thought that was interesting.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I honestly think he wants to lose.

I rrrrreally wish there was a viable third party candidate.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree. This is the pits. Ashame a Gen Xer wasnt groomed, it was their time.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

It's like a bad Super Bowl matchup. Two aging teams from a past era who made it back in

It'd be like Patriots v Saints

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If we all agree that he didn't want to president in the first place and this thing just got out of control and we're here now......Trump has maybe 10 years left....who wants to spend 4 of them doing this?

I guess I could say the same about Biden... but he's the challenger...so I think that's a bit different....

I think Trump accomplished his personal goals.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

By the way...I think the VPs Biden is considering...I"ll rank them....

1) Kamala Harris
2) Whitmer
3) Tammy Baldwin
4) Klobachur (spelling?)

I'd prefer the bottom two honestly...midwest women are bad ass and not provocative...

Kamala is bad ass smart though....and Democrats can't be afraid of that...

Biden has a hard choice...he'd better make the right one.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Harris is interesting, polarizing, I mean, she's a fit, except her past seems to have been a bit extreme & dated (marijuana prosecutions, harsh sentences to minorities).

When the smoke settles tho, I suppose you're right & she might be the choice. Not sure there's any dark horse candidates out there (Governors, Congress). Stacey Abrams would be the only one, but she's pretty inexperienced.

Board footer