You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That’s fine if that’s how you interpreted my posts but in this case i asked the original poster if i had misinterpreted his original question...i don’t know what else you want from me. I have him a chance to tell me if i has made any sort of mistakes in interpreting his OP. He expressed that i had not.

You weren't responding to his original question mitch.  You were responding to my post that had nothing to do with you and very little to do with the original question. 

Why do you not understand how obtuse you are?  You try to change the discussion, argue for 3 pages that you didn't, and when forced to see you did, you changed it to the you were just answering the original question and not the one you actually replied to like you're just getting beaten on for nothing.  No, you're getting beaten on for doing what you always do.

This is exactly what you do.  Stop.

We’re going in circles on this...i asked him if i was still addressing his OP. He said yes.

End of story.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That’s fine if that’s how you interpreted my posts but in this case i asked the original poster if i had misinterpreted his original question...i don’t know what else you want from me. I have him a chance to tell me if i has made any sort of mistakes in interpreting his OP. He expressed that i had not.

You weren't responding to his original question mitch.  You were responding to my post that had nothing to do with you and very little to do with the original question. 

Why do you not understand how obtuse you are?  You try to change the discussion, argue for 3 pages that you didn't, and when forced to see you did, you changed it to the you were just answering the original question and not the one you actually replied to like you're just getting beaten on for nothing.  No, you're getting beaten on for doing what you always do.

We’re going in circles on this...i asked him if i was still addressing his OP. He said yes.

End of story.

YOU WEREN'T RESPONDING TO HIM MITCH, YOU WE'RE RESPONDING TO ME.

End of mutherfucking story.  You are worthless and I will no longer waste my time on you.  Don't respond to any post I make.  You don't even exist any more.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Jesus wtf.
https://twitter.com/jpegjoshua/status/1268719321662001164?s=20

[/embed]

Further update: Two officers have been fired over the incident.

The rest of the response team has resigned over the firings.  Not their jobs as police apparently, just the response team role.  Honestly I don't blame them.  That job sucks.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

End of story.

End of mutherfucking story.  You are worthless and I will no longer waste my time on you.  Don't respond to any post I make.  You don't even exist any more.

Ok so you’re saying when i quote you you think I’m putting words in your mouth? I’m just trying to engage you. That’s it. I’ve learned something.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

End of story.

Ok so you’re saying when i quote you you think I’m putting words in your mouth? I’m just trying to engage you. That’s it. I’ve learned something.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID:

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Listen, I'd be thrilled to stay out of most of the international conflicts that we get into, so I'm certainly not an advocate of any of this.  But the reality is we are the free world's police force whether we like it or not.  That's why many of those countries don't spend like we do.  If we didn't, they'd have no choice but to spend more. 

People globally may view us negatively, but we get the first call from anyone facing issues they don't know how to solve regardless of what that issue is.  You cannot expect us to bail countries out when they are in trouble then expect us to walk away allowing whatever it was to happen again.  We're going to protect our interests.  You can't have one without the other.  Not the way things are now or have been since WWI.  Regardless of why we were in the Middle East, just leaving wasn't an option.  Obama wanted to do it and knew he couldn't.  If we're going to be everybody's big brother, there's a cost that goes along with it.

Please explain how this applies to Iraq. Those aren’t the reasons we originally went there.

THAT'S THE WHOLE QUOTE.  I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to someone else, and you replied to MY POST asking about something I never said, asked about, or mentioned. 

For some reason I replied to you and here is your further response (we've been through all of this already once):

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Please explain how this applies to Iraq. Those aren’t the reasons we originally went there.

It doesn't matter any more why we went there.  Get into reality mitch.  We're there.  We can't just leave and even your god Obama didn't just leave for a reason.  Stop and absorb that.  Life isn't fantasy land.  There are consequences for everything.  NOTHING comes without a cost and not all cost is financial cost.

And maybe that was The deception. They sold the whole thing to the public based on lies and the real agenda was to find a reason to get there so we could police it. I think that goes all the way back to the original question Irish asked.

This has NOTHING to do with what I posted that you responded to.  NOTHING.  I didn't even use the word Iraq in my original post...I said Middle East.  You aren't the victim mitch, you're the disease.  Wasn't talking to you, wasn't talking about why we went to Iraq, wasn't talking about a deception or any other way you want to try to twist this that you're being picked on.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I've never in my life met someone that has it pointed out over and over to then how they're wrong, quoted their words proving they were wrong, and yet here we are 8 (maybe...not going to count) pages later trying to absolve themselves of having done anything wrong.  It's just stunning.  So unwilling to admit he fucked up.  Grasping for straws.  Changing the narrative.  Denying things he's quoted as saying.  It's amazing.

Have a nice day mitch is now my response to everything.  Most places would have banned him (again) by now, but that's cool.  I'll just treat him like the two year old that he's acting like until he grows up.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You don’t get to dictate what conversation others have. Irish asked when did Americans start to distrust their government/become so partisan, and offered Iraq as a possible start date.  He’s not American, so he can be forgiven for not intimately knowing the 1990s (or any decade before that, since any would qualify) and immediately understanding that Americans believe all kinds of crazy shit and can point to virtually any event as some catastrophe. I don’t think we’re unique in this regard, but the world’s media isn’t pointing a spotlight and broadcasting dissent in any other nation like the US. So our shit gets a lot more focused attention and limited context than their own internal strife. Be honest, do you even know who the president of Ireland is?

No one here is interested in arguing about the justification of the war. It’s been over for 9 years. You’re free to post about it, but you don’t get to demand everyone change the topic and participate with you because you want to create an argument about Iraq. You’re free to believe Americans didn’t hold any animosity towards the truthfulness of their government until March 2003.

What really happened is you entered a thread uninformed, parroting some talking point you saw on social media. It was objectively wrong on its face, and really had nothing to do with what was being discussed.

You repeatedly and exclusively manufacture arguments so you can try to toss strikes and knock over all the pins. Rarely do your posts even attempt to acknowledge what the poster you’re replying to said, let alone respond to what they said. And when pressed to provide a citation for one of your wild claims (like Neo Nazis having anything to do with the riots that occurred last weekend), you ignore the request or link something you clearly didn’t read that doesn’t support your point.

Example:

Poster 1 :”these far left antifa types need to be held accountable for their actions.”

Mitch: “I don’t even know what antifa is, but these neo Nazi boogaloo boys are out threatening to kill people in Chicago”

Poster 1: “after researching the boogaloos boys, I find information that says they haven’t participated in any violence, and aren’t neo nazis. They seem to be very close to antifa”

Mitch: “you don’t even know what antifa is, but I do. I’m going to completely ignore the mounds of evidence of antifa’s violence and not mention them. But this is definitely neo nazis and you need to acknowledge that. Please defend neo nazis to make this easy.”

Poster 1: “Can you provide any evidence the boogaloo boys are neo nazis or members of the violent protests last weekend?  It was clearly antifa. Did you even read the articles that contradict your view?”

Mitch: “Here’s a graph my nephew made of the atmospheric pressure on Mars relative to the amount of racial attacks my sister graphed based on a 20 sided die she rolled. How can you not see this is Neo Nazis!”

Poster 1: “....”

Mitch: “why won’t you guys play with me”

LOL

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Do you not think Trumps presidency is a symptom of the mainstream left having already headed too far left more most people?

Disagree.  How is the US headed too far left?  What policies have been enacted that leads to this conclusion?  Obama governed as a moderate. 

Trump won because Hiliary took the midwest and PA for granted.  If you want to be totally honest, he represents a minority of the worst that this country has to offer.

Interesting take.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID:

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Listen, I'd be thrilled to stay out of most of the international conflicts that we get into, so I'm certainly not an advocate of any of this.  But the reality is we are the free world's police force whether we like it or not.  That's why many of those countries don't spend like we do.  If we didn't, they'd have no choice but to spend more. 

People globally may view us negatively, but we get the first call from anyone facing issues they don't know how to solve regardless of what that issue is.  You cannot expect us to bail countries out when they are in trouble then expect us to walk away allowing whatever it was to happen again.  We're going to protect our interests.  You can't have one without the other.  Not the way things are now or have been since WWI.  Regardless of why we were in the Middle East, just leaving wasn't an option.  Obama wanted to do it and knew he couldn't.  If we're going to be everybody's big brother, there's a cost that goes along with it.

THAT'S THE WHOLE QUOTE.  I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to someone else, and you replied to MY POST asking about something I never said, asked about, or mentioned. 

For some reason I replied to you and here is your further response (we've been through all of this already once):

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It doesn't matter any more why we went there.  Get into reality mitch.  We're there.  We can't just leave and even your god Obama didn't just leave for a reason.  Stop and absorb that.  Life isn't fantasy land.  There are consequences for everything.  NOTHING comes without a cost and not all cost is financial cost.

And maybe that was The deception. They sold the whole thing to the public based on lies and the real agenda was to find a reason to get there so we could police it. I think that goes all the way back to the original question Irish asked.

This has NOTHING to do with what I posted that you responded to.  NOTHING.  I didn't even use the word Iraq in my original post...I said Middle East.  You aren't the victim mitch, you're the disease.  Wasn't talking to you, wasn't talking about why we went to Iraq, wasn't talking about a deception or any other way you want to try to twist this that you're being picked on.

All I’m trying to tell you is that i use the reply button indiscriminately...it’s just a means to post ...and sometimes I’m replying to everyone...i didn’t know it was that important you that when i reply to you i need to only end specifically...i view this as more of a round table discussion.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've never in my life met someone that has it pointed out over and over to then how they're wrong, quoted their words proving they were wrong, and yet here we are 8 (maybe...not going to count) pages later trying to absolve themselves of having done anything wrong.  It's just stunning.  So unwilling to admit he fucked up.  Grasping for straws.  Changing the narrative.  Denying things he's quoted as saying.  It's amazing.

Have a nice day mitch is now my response to everything.  Most places would have banned him (again) by now, but that's cool.  I'll just treat him like the two year old that he's acting like until he grows up.

I posted my source for my claim about military funding. I’ll bet you didn’t even click on it.

The US budget and the discretionary budget added together show a huge piece of the pie from varying degrees over the last 50 years from 50% to approaching 70%

If you choose not to look or understand that that’s on you.

Board footer