You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

So...

...I tried to start on discussion that doesn't seem to be drawing any interest right now in spite of heightened awareness around the subject.  We'll scrap that for now.

My new idea...and this will require a very long post from anyone wishing to participate, so it may not be for anyone either.  Part of me thinks the discussion should happen here as it's very relevant to the topics here, but part of me thinks it will get lost in the garbage that exists in much of this thread.

People believe what they believe on a lot of these hot topic issues based on personal experiences.  While personal experiences aren't always a reflection of the bigger picture, they are always the reality of the little picture.  I think if we understood where we came from, it would go a long way to understanding why we see things the way we see them.

Doing this would require some trust - and I know this will be an issue for some people (including myself) that nothing shared will be used against them here or (more importantly) in the real world.  If you want to have real discussion, this is the price for it.  For this reason alone, I don't think this will ever happen, but I am willing to start/lead the discussion if we can find a way to do so safely. 

I've been told many times that I don't take a stance on things.  That's not true, but I believe what I believe for a reason.  Some of them I have shared already, some I haven't.  One doesn't need to be an extremist to take a stance.  Is anyone ready to have real discussion or do we just want to pretend we are doing something while talking about and doing things that don't change anything?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

?  Which discussion, the thread or racism?

I just try not to post here much more anymore. So wasn't really looking to get involved in a whole new thread on a topic, that'll probably still be around long after we pass.

I mean, most if not all of the recent events & videos have been straight up murder. Period. Is there a larger problem among race? Sure, it really never was level tho since seperate but equal. A friend of mine posted how he's worked for all he's gotten (he's got a cush/non-working gov't job that he says literally he does almost nothing all day) and deserves it #nowhiteprivelege.  Best part about it??  His uncle hooked him up with the job.  So, being mid-40s, most black people didn't have an 'uncle' who could hook them up with a nice gov't job because when those 'Uncles' were trying to find work in the late 60s/70s few were hiring black people.

Things like that, I don't wanna start a whole debate on it. If that's what you want go ahead, I just think it won't solve much. Are racists out there?  Of course. Are blacks facing an uphill battle their whole life?  I think so. That doesn't mean no white people are, but I'd say the proportion of blacks who are (I dunno, 80-90%) is higher than the percentage of whites who do (30-50%)?? Guessing, but you get my drift.

Don't get me wrong, some liberal stances on various topics are too much. I find it interesting they're soo fascinated about statues yet they don't see institutional racism right in front of them in 'Legalized Marijuana' and the way it's been rolled out. After decades of 'Don't smoke marijuana, it's bad for you'  suddenly now its  'Ok, we've reversed course. You can smoke marijuana, but only if you buy it from these millionaires who paid to have licenses to profit from you, and not from Tyrone over there.... cause that's still illegal."

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Stop looking at it as white people and look at the demographic as specifically "poor whites" and it's really eye opening. Especially police shootings.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I find myself on here on my phone more often now and it's quite a chore to write long posts on a phone. I hate it. I don't think I'm in the minority on that one ....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I find myself on here on my phone more often now and it's quite a chore to write long posts on a phone. I hate it. I don't think I'm in the minority on that one ....

You're not.  I started a post the other day and deleted it because I wasn't going to go as deep as I needed to on my phone.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You're not.  I started a post the other day and deleted it because I wasn't going to go as deep as I needed to on my phone.

That’s why memes and twitter are so popular. Short, little effort. Is mobile tech dumbing down our conversations?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You are definitely not in the minority...I’d gladly donate a little cash for an app upgrade.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That’s why memes and twitter are so popular. Short, little effort. Is mobile tech dumbing down our conversations?

Very interesting analysis. I look at my use of it, and you re spot in. I suppose mobile contributed to the death of forums as much as FB groups did.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Russia putting possible 'bounties' on US Troops? 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/politics … index.html

Trump claiming no one told him lol. Way to lead.  I'm thinking Bolton might be the one who 'leaked' this news. I also wonder if the intelligence heads opted not to inform Trump of this, being that he's tainted by Russian influence. Seems awfully bad when the President is NOT told of a situation this imperative. Although, when its russia/trump related, one can only think of one thing as to why he wouldn't be, and it isn't an oversight or someone forgot.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Iran issues arrest warrant to arrest Trump for the killing of Soleimeni.

This president is a shit stain on all humanity.

Board footer