You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hillary voters being loving to Trump voter.

...and trump supporters have been nothing but angelic and full of respect....

Alright...i accepted Trump winning....now it's your turn to accept a couple of things...you wanted this from the get go...and I understand that...

But now...after the Repugs/tea party people obstructed and damaged this country.... shutting down the government, I'm not approving Supreme Court justices, fighting Obama about anything and everything. That is going to come back to haunt you.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Alright...i accepted Trump winning....now it's your turn to accept a couple of things...you wanted this from the get go...and I understand that...

But now...after the Repugs/tea party people obstructed and damaged this country.... shutting down the government, I'm not approving Supreme Court justices, fighting Obama about anything and everything. That is going to come back to haunt you.

Deflect deflect. So what you see in the video is okay because some Trump supporters were mean?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Deflect deflect. So what you see in the video is okay because some Trump supporters were mean?

It's never okay...no matter who does it...

AtariLegend wrote:

This reminds me of at least 2 people;

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This reminds me of at least 2 people;

This is exactly it...the anger is boiling over on all sides.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't realize I was being recorded.

In all seriousness though there's a lot of truth in that. The other thing is just like every new president, they can't just change everything 180 degrees. It just doesn't work that way. There are reasons Obama didn't do everything he said he'd do when he ran, and it's the same reason trump won't. Step back and stop fear mongering. This has happened before and we're still here. Relax and stop being part of the problem.

He has exuctive powers though, it's how Obama got things done.

I'm not going to get sucked into apocalyptic hyperbole, but there's a real history of facts here. Our economy was nearly destroyed under Bush's severe slashing of regulations which led to irresponsible behavior across the corporate world and Wall Street, huge tax cuts for the wealthy and incredible amounts of government spending and high deficits... His spending and tax cuts is going to rocket the debt, that's what Wall Street was betting on, that's what made the dow bounce. Trump is offering to quadruple down on what Bush did. I'm concerned about tens of millions who will lose their healthcare. I'm concerned about the enviorment. If you say we have nothing to worry about then that would make him the biggest liar in the history of the presidency.

We cannot act like he has no ability to damage the country. You're smarter than that. He has the house and senate, McConnell could very realistically eliminate the filibuster. This could go very badly. For this not to happen Democrats are going to have to obstruct everything. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, because I do believe Trump is that big of
And I will say, Trump looked much more comfortable with Obama than with "his" own party. But we still have Steve Bannon in the white house now. That is not going to end well.

What regulations were slashed under Bush that led to the 2008 recession. I'd like specific examples please.

I get it. Some of you are very upset. Look at my predictions about Obama in 2008. They came from a place of anger and a feeling that my thoughts and concerns weren't being heard. But this isn't the apocalypse. It's not the end of the world.

Some shit you really, really disagree with is going to be pushed through (Obamacare).  You're going to call out how bad it is and make predictions that it's going to do more harm than good. Some of your valid concerns will manifest. And you'll be astonished that despite your prediction being true and the law obviously not accomplishing what it intended, the other side blindly refuses to admit that. And worse, despite these failures, the other side will make speeches claiming success from selective statistics that may or may not have anything to do with the original law.

You'll watch as Trump makes decisions you strongly disagree with. You'll lament that whatever quality you cherished and saw in our international policy is degrading.  You'll discuss your frustration with other people and some are going to mock you, discredit you and lob insults meant to silence you with no real thought or consideration.

And you'll get over it. At some point in the not so distant future, Democrats will control congress and the White House. You'll feel vindicated and happy that the dipshits who bumbled decision after decision are finally gone.

So from someone who was shocked that a smooth talker with no leadership experience or qualification other than being "new" was put into office 8 years ago, I empathize. But I can also tell you the anger subsides and is only preventing you from seeing the other side and understanding where they're coming from. Most of you will never be happy with Trump. Some who voted for him will be backing the Democrat in 2020. But it's not the end of the world. There's going to be fewer illegals dropping off babies to get free shit and our trade deals are going to altered. Healthcare will change. But all of that is going to have little impact on your day to day life.

The GOP hasn't put forth a single bill yet, so it's a little premature to say they're going to destroy the country.  Suck it up. The half of the country that didn't vote for Obama has for the past 8 years.

I really enjoyed this thoughtful post...and in all honesty...these are the types of words that I think will begin to help heal us.

The only part that I disagree with I suppose....is that 'the half of the country that didn't vote for Obama' sucked it up. The anger about Obama/Obamacare never subsided IMHO. Cooperation never really occurred. From our perspective (Obama supporters) it always seemed as though conservatives wanted us to fail. The anger of the tea party in 2010 appeared to mostly be fueled by the Obama enthusiasm.

On the face of it, less government sounds like it could possibly be a could thing from my perspective. And Medicaid being privatized sounds interesting to me, as well. I work in the medical industry. This could be helpful for me on many levels.

That being said, I have always thought that privatization of things usually appears to benefit the people with money more than anyone.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack … 1e4632a43f

nice tax cuts for himself....dismantling as much of obamacare as possible...doesn't sound good

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

nice tax cuts for himself....dismantling as much of obamacare as possible...doesn't sound good

Tax cuts across the board, and repealing and replacing Obama care with single player insurance. You obviously haven't done much research beyond what the establishment wants you to think

Anyone upset because "Hitler" won the election needs to be dehypnotized. Read this. http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1529985168 … your-brain

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Dadud wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Tax cuts across the board, and repealing and replacing Obama care with single player insurance. You obviously haven't done much research beyond what the establishment wants you to think

Anyone upset because "Hitler" won the election needs to be dehypnotized. Read this. http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1529985168 … your-brain

lol...I think you need to learn more about what "establishment' is.....it says plain as day...47% of the tax breaks will go to the richest 1%. That sounds like the establishment to me.

Here again....I said nothing about Hitler....wtf are you talking about you drone....quick go back to FOX news and find out what you should say next!!!!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Dadud wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yeah...I read it....rich....and compelling....

what does this have anything to do with anything? try to stay on topic.

Board footer