You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Anybody else move everything to cash yet?  I'll take my gains, sit on the sidelines and see how this plays out. Overbought, interest rate rise on the horizon, and a man who is synonymous with instability. Thanks but no thanks.

I'll be buying to take advantage of the chicken littles.  You don't win the market by sitting back and seeing what happens.  What happens over the long haul is always gains...even with bigger bumps in the road than Donald Trump.  Unless you're close to retirement, you are playing the market absolutely wrong.

I had 7 years of gains, as did most Americans. I don't invest the way Wall Street tells me to. I'll gladly sit in cash and buy back up somewhere between Q1 - Q3 of next year. Check back with me then and lets see how it worked out.

misterID wrote:

Have you seen that series the 80s on CNN? They were showing Reagan coming into office and cutting all the regulations. He showed up on Wall Street bragging about it, all the traders were chanting Reagan's name...and of course it all fucking exploded. Like Déjà vu. Yeah, I'll be sitting with you.

I've got it on my computer, I've only seen the first episode!

Total Deja Vu though.

They want to rip up all the regulation that stops Wall Street from doing all their crazy shit again. Of course they bitched endlessly about the bailouts, but they'll put us all right back in that position again with this move. Privatize gains and socialize losses.

Remember Reagan removed Carter's solar panels from the roof after he moved in? Imagine if he had not done that, and instead focused on solar energy research/growth back then? Where would be today in regards to energy independence? It makes me think of Trump calling climate change a hoax and wanting to remove our country from the Paris agreements. Where will that put us in 30 years?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If you are unsure about the market you can still buy CD's or safe dividend paying stocks and keep trucking. If you contribute constantly dollar cost averaging will work it self out over time plus the compounded dividends help offset any share price losses.

GM
GE
SO
ATT
PGF
FTR
AAPL

are some of the equities i have at the moment. They all pay dividend. FTR is a shady stock but pays a 13% dividend, I got it at $3.00. Southern Company is a damn good stock that pays a 4% dividend. It is like buying a bond.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

But at the moment I too have a lot of cash on the sideline and it pisses me off because trying to "time" the market always burns me.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck you Jill Stein!!! Had you not run at all you fucking idiot Hillary may have won, but now you want a recount? You already did your damage you fucking idiot!!

AtariLegend wrote:

If Trump is spouting Breibart nonsense about millions of illegals voting, then maybe he should call for a careful recount in all states.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

If Trump is spouting Breibart nonsense about millions of illegals voting, then maybe he should call for a careful recount in all states.

But that would imply he actually believes all that shit, and isn't just paying lip service to the millions of buffoons that got suckered into voting for him...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

He already won so it would be a waste of time.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Would you not expect the President-elect to actually care about the election process in the country that he's going to be running? Would you not expect a president-elect that has run his campaign on the premise of 'Making America Great Again', that has railed against the establishment, that has lamented about the "rigged" election process so many times it's hard to keep count... to want to invest some of his time in fixing that process?

Oh, but he won... so he doesn't care anymore...
Well, that's not fair of me, he cares just enough to try to fix his bruised ego by tweeting about it. Just not enough to actually do something about it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Would you not expect the President-elect to actually care about the election process in the country that he's going to be running? Would you not expect a president-elect that has run his campaign on the premise of 'Making America Great Again', that has railed against the establishment, that has lamented about the "rigged" election process so many times it's hard to keep count... to want to invest some of his time in fixing that process?

Oh, but he won... so he doesn't care anymore...
Well, that's not fair of me, he cares just enough to try to fix his bruised ego by tweeting about it. Just not enough to actually do something about it.

Pretty much spot on here...

You'd think the party of the voter ID would care about the integrity of the election.

Except when you're the winner I guess. Makes me think the whole voter ID was a farce and was never intended to increase the integrity of the election after all.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck you Jill Stein!!! Had you not run at all you fucking idiot Hillary may have won, but now you want a recount? You already did your damage you fucking idiot!!

The people who actually voted for her are worse. Hillary got Naderd. I have to say, seeing how everyone ignored Cramer's post about Trump now walking away from every campaign promise he made, something I thought would happen on election night, he might follow Obama's agenda closer than Hillary would.

OPEC is going to be cutting oil production to raise gas prices because of Trump's tariff and domestic drilling promiss. Nice... Enjoy the $1.80 gas prices while you can. Hopefully he'll he walking back that bullshit, too.

Board footer