You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Anybody else move everything to cash yet?  I'll take my gains, sit on the sidelines and see how this plays out. Overbought, interest rate rise on the horizon, and a man who is synonymous with instability. Thanks but no thanks.

I'll be buying to take advantage of the chicken littles.  You don't win the market by sitting back and seeing what happens.  What happens over the long haul is always gains...even with bigger bumps in the road than Donald Trump.  Unless you're close to retirement, you are playing the market absolutely wrong.

I had 7 years of gains, as did most Americans. I don't invest the way Wall Street tells me to. I'll gladly sit in cash and buy back up somewhere between Q1 - Q3 of next year. Check back with me then and lets see how it worked out.

Scared money never wins.  History shows you exactly what will happen.  Sure, you could get really lucky and miss the losses and nail the big gains, but you're more likely to miss both.  The people doing what you describe always miss the bounceback because they are still scared of more losses. 

I don't listen to what Wall Street tells me to since I have no idea what they are telling me to do.  If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't really follow the mainstream news and certainly not the financial stuff.  I trust my numbers.  I trust my instinct.  It's worked out well for me.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Trump: "Serious voter fraud in Virginia, New Hampshire and California - so why isn't the media reporting on this? Serious bias - big problem!"

Isn't Trump instigating a nationwide recount with these posts?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

If Trump is spouting Breibart nonsense about millions of illegals voting, then maybe he should call for a careful recount in all states.

He already won so it would be a waste of time.

And money.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck you Jill Stein!!! Had you not run at all you fucking idiot Hillary may have won, but now you want a recount? You already did your damage you fucking idiot!!

The people who actually voted for her are worse. Hillary got Naderd. I have to say, seeing how everyone ignored Cramer's post about Trump now walking away from every campaign promise he made, something I thought would happen on election night, he might follow Obama's agenda closer than Hillary would.

OPEC is going to be cutting oil production to raise gas prices because of Trump's tariff and domestic drilling promiss. Nice... Enjoy the $1.80 gas prices while you can. Hopefully he'll he walking back that bullshit, too.

They just found 900 billion worth of oil in Texas... who knows what that impact will be.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Not trying to lump Trump supporters into a stereotypical category, but I saw this on FB.  It's an amusing 10 minutes to watch.  (Gets good around the 2:00 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=607&v=hT5KrRGfJBI

She doesn't reflect a 'Trump supporter mindset' imho, as much as a 'Daddys spoiled little rich girl'

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck you Jill Stein!!! Had you not run at all you fucking idiot Hillary may have won, but now you want a recount? You already did your damage you fucking idiot!!

The people who actually voted for her are worse. Hillary got Naderd. I have to say, seeing how everyone ignored Cramer's post about Trump now walking away from every campaign promise he made, something I thought would happen on election night, he might follow Obama's agenda closer than Hillary would.

OPEC is going to be cutting oil production to raise gas prices because of Trump's tariff and domestic drilling promiss. Nice... Enjoy the $1.80 gas prices while you can. Hopefully he'll he walking back that bullshit, too.

They just found 900 billion worth of oil in Texas... who knows what that impact will be.

Heh, said company who discovered the oil.

"Morris Burns, a former president of the Permian Basin Petroleum Association, told KWES the low price of oil -- currently around $46 a barrel -- means the oil will sit underground for the foreseeable future.
"We are picking up a few rigs every now and then but we won't see it really take off until we (get) that price in the $60 to $65 range," Burns told the station.
"When we talk about that many millions of barrels of oil in the ground, that doesn't mean we can recover it all. We recover in the neighborhood of 50 to 60 percent," Burns said."

They're waiting until the price of oil goes up so they can push it as close to $100 bucks a barrel as they can get. The reason gas prices are low is because the barrels dropped as low as $25 a barrel.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Not trying to lump Trump supporters into a stereotypical category, but I saw this on FB.  It's an amusing 10 minutes to watch.  (Gets good around the 2:00 mark)

She doesn't reflect a 'Trump supporter mindset' imho, as much as a 'Daddys spoiled little rich girl'

What a bitch.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Heh, said company who discovered the oil.

"Morris Burns, a former president of the Permian Basin Petroleum Association, told KWES the low price of oil -- currently around $46 a barrel -- means the oil will sit underground for the foreseeable future.
"We are picking up a few rigs every now and then but we won't see it really take off until we (get) that price in the $60 to $65 range," Burns told the station.
"When we talk about that many millions of barrels of oil in the ground, that doesn't mean we can recover it all. We recover in the neighborhood of 50 to 60 percent," Burns said."

They're waiting until the price of oil goes up so they can push it as close to $100 bucks a barrel as they can get. The reason gas prices are low is because the barrels dropped as low as $25 a barrel.

Greedy fuckers. The game is rigged.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What a bitch.

I wonder where that was....it kinda looks like the Target on Broadway.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What a bitch.

I wonder where that was....it kinda looks like the Target on Broadway.

Who has time to argue over shit like that..  So embarrassing.  Just know when to walk away and move on... Bitches that do that shit with their hands and try to act like an attorney are so fucking annoying.  My girlfriend pulls that shit on me sometimes and I am like, "shut the fuck up," lol.  I can't take someone serious that does those over the top gestures.

Board footer