You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

His supporters are ignorant knuckle draggers and deserve every bad thing the Pence administration will give them. Trump is playing the rubes, he actually has shown compassion to Hillary outside the moron fests of his rallies. Pence is 100% true blue right wing Christian crazy nut job, and appears to be in full control of the decision making. All the people getting positions are Pence people.

Are you insinuating this is a repeat of the Bush-Cheney dynamic?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

His supporters are ignorant knuckle draggers and deserve every bad thing the Pence administration will give them. Trump is playing the rubes, he actually has shown compassion to Hillary outside the moron fests of his rallies. Pence is 100% true blue right wing Christian crazy nut job, and appears to be in full control of the decision making. All the people getting positions are Pence people.

Are you insinuating this is a repeat of the Bush-Cheney dynamic?

I think Pence will have more power. There's the report that Trump offered the VP slot to Kasich with the proposition that he would have full domestic and foreign policy control and Trump would act as basically a promoter with none of the hard work. Now, we're getting every cabinet position filled with everyone Trump railed against and people who are ideologically identical to Pence = Pure establishment, Christian fundamentalists and corporate big wigs. These aren't Trump people.

Really hope Ivanka has high political aspirations. She's meeting with Al Gore on the enviorment, which is a big cause for her, while her father's administration is hiring climate change deniers and EXXON execs for his cabinet and to be in charge of the enviorment.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If even a sliver of that is true.....why in the fuck would Kasich pass that up?!? He would be the president.

At least with Bush and Cheney, it was known from day one when Bush wanted the job that Cheney was going to be running the show. Very dangerous for Trump to run and he's picking people out of a hat to actually run the country.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I honestly think there were two reasons Kasich turned it down: He thought, as most of us, that Trump had no chance at winning and would probably tarnish his image if he wanted to run again. Second, I think he really, really, really, really, really dislikes Trump.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I honestly think there were two reasons Kasich turned it down: He thought, as most of us, that Trump had no chance at winning and would probably tarnish his image if he wanted to run again. Second, I think he really, really, really, really, really dislikes Trump.

I was actually going to say the first part. I think he felt Trump would lose & it would ruin his 2020 chances. Since Pence didn't run, he myb felt he wasn't much of a frontrunner for 2020, plus I heard he was indecisive about it.  As for the 2nd point, I don't think he "hated" Trump, the way Jeb, Cruz, Rubio & others did. I think he couldn't believe the mockery of the situation and what it came down to, but I'm not sure it was a personal "hate". Jeb hated Trump.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was actually going to say the first part. I think he felt Trump would lose & it would ruin his 2020 chances. Since Pence didn't run, he myb felt he wasn't much of a frontrunner for 2020, plus I heard he was indecisive about it.  As for the 2nd point, I don't think he "hated" Trump, the way Jeb, Cruz, Rubio & others did. I think he couldn't believe the mockery of the situation and what it came down to, but I'm not sure it was a personal "hate". Jeb hated Trump.

Hate is too strong of a word, which is why I said dislike. Kasich is a pretty principled guy who has a lot of respect for the presidency and was really disgusted by Trump's behavior. That was pretty clear during the primary and when he exited.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Trump's team made it clear Trump would NOT be meeting with Al Gore, only Ivanka. Lookey here.....

President-elect Donald Trump met with Apple board member and former Vice President Al Gore at Trump Tower on Monday.

As he was leaving Trump Tower, Gore told reporters he had a lengthy and very productive session with the president-elect, and mentioned he also had an earlier meeting with Trump's daughter Ivanka.

"It was a sincere search for areas of common ground," he said. "I found it an extremely interesting conversation, and to be continued, and I'm just going to leave it at that."

The former vice president joined the Apple board in 2003. As of earlier this year, he owned a little more than 440,000 shares, according to filings.
During an interview with The New York Times, Trump said he told Apple CEO Tim Cook that it would be "a real achievement" for him to get Apple to "build a big plant in the United States." His proposal to lower the business tax rate to 15 percent and allow the one-time repatriation of corporate profits held offshore at a tax rate of 10 percent could make Apple the biggest beneficiary in tech, according to Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi.

—CNBC's Anita Balakrishnan contributed to this report.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump's team made it clear Trump would NOT be meeting with Al Gore, only Ivanka. Lookey here.....

President-elect Donald Trump met with Apple board member and former Vice President Al Gore at Trump Tower on Monday.

As he was leaving Trump Tower, Gore told reporters he had a lengthy and very productive session with the president-elect, and mentioned he also had an earlier meeting with Trump's daughter Ivanka.

"It was a sincere search for areas of common ground," he said. "I found it an extremely interesting conversation, and to be continued, and I'm just going to leave it at that."

The former vice president joined the Apple board in 2003. As of earlier this year, he owned a little more than 440,000 shares, according to filings.
During an interview with The New York Times, Trump said he told Apple CEO Tim Cook that it would be "a real achievement" for him to get Apple to "build a big plant in the United States." His proposal to lower the business tax rate to 15 percent and allow the one-time repatriation of corporate profits held offshore at a tax rate of 10 percent could make Apple the biggest beneficiary in tech, according to Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi.

—CNBC's Anita Balakrishnan contributed to this report.

Good news. Glad to see he listen to all points of view!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I voted for Kasich but lately he has acted like a little bitch.

misterID

misterID wrote:

A bitch is calling Trump a phoney, a con man and a fraud and then showing up at his golf course, humiliating himself like a little bitch because he thinks he's going to get a job. Kasich actually has some integrity.

Board footer