You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I don't care about the cabinet picks anymore...it's Goldman Sachs guys, an anti Vaxer, climate change deniers and it's all white people with the exception of Carson who is a soft spoken, mumbling idiot.

Trump has encouraged getting rid of as much of the ACA that he can without a replacement. That's it for me and the Trump administration...it's as irresponsible and reckless as I could have ever thought already.

It's bad and it's just starting.

Get rid of ethics groups and watch dog groups that they used to hold Obama accountable- but now they don't want to be held accountable.

This is a group of ruthless, aggressive, shameless people who are going to hurt the very people who elected them.

The American people deserve what they're gonna get and it may be time for them to see the consequences of ignorance. People are not well informed on this stuff - and theyll only just now feel the consequences.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Mitch I AM going to show you my tax returns!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So so far I think Sessions and Rex could do a fine job however others with less baggage could have been selected and maybe even have done a better job.

Never liked the Exxon pick. Hated it. Sessions is odd mostly because he went thru it before. So unsure why he'd attempt it again, especially given the circumstances and what it was about. Also tho is the whole Trump being a new kind of politician, one who's an outsider (which could have worked. It obviously isn't the road he's trying now), that idea and mindset kinda goes out the window when you do what a politician already did before.

This is so true...he constantly contradicts himself...he talks in circles. He's always distracting people with his shtick...and no one is paying close enough attention to see what he does...they're focused too much on what he says.

I'm reading a book about Nixon right now...he actually sabatoged the ending of the Vietnam war because it would hurt him politically.

How someone thinks that's American - why somebody would be attracted to a person like that is mind boggling. The more I read...the more I feel like Nixon and Trump are one in the same.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Mitch I AM going to show you my tax returns!

Maybe we all should share them lol

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think the 26 year old thing is kind of lame for health insurance. If lowered to 24 how much more money could that raise for Obama Care?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think the 26 year old thing is kind of lame for health insurance. If lowered to 24 how much more money could that raise for Obama Care?

Maybve, but I don't think lowering it 2 years would save much at all.  Insurance is incredably high for people 40/50 & up.  I think I went to a doctor once or twice in my 20s. Keep in mind it was created when the job market was awful & college grads had a difficult job finding work other than part time & retail. So it did make sense to a point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They have to cap pharmaceutical/medical prices.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybve, but I don't think lowering it 2 years would save much at all.  Insurance is incredably high for people 40/50 & up.  I think I went to a doctor once or twice in my 20s. Keep in mind it was created when the job market was awful & college grads had a difficult job finding work other than part time & retail. So it did make sense to a point.

Yes but if people started paying st 25 vs 27 that added millions of people into the pool of people that can pay. Instead they are hanging in their parents policy with just a slight uptick on their parents policy. If you are 26 it doesn't mean you can't afford it. That said at 26 your insurance should not be over $150 per month. I am 37 and mine for some fucked up reason is $400 per month. FOR AN INDIVIDUAL. I went to the doctor a total of 0 times last year.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes but if people started paying st 25 vs 27 that added millions of people into the pool of people that can pay. Instead they are hanging in their parents policy with just a slight uptick on their parents policy. If you are 26 it doesn't mean you can't afford it. That said at 26 your insurance should not be over $150 per month. I am 37 and mine for some fucked up reason is $400 per month. FOR AN INDIVIDUAL. I went to the doctor a total of 0 times last year.

How does that change anything though? Whether you are on your parents' policy or you have your own you're still in the pool, right? I have 3 people on my policy and it is obviously much higher than it would be if it was just me.

I didn't use my insurance once last year either....my premium is $538/month...add 2 others onto that and it gets really steep.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

How does that change anything though? Whether you are on your parents' policy or you have your own you're still in the pool, right? I have 3 people on my policy and it is obviously much higher than it would be if it was just me.

I didn't use my insurance once last year either....my premium is $538/month...add 2 others onto that and it gets really steep.

Not. It is cheaper to add one person to a policy vs that individual getting their own policy. I would think but I could be wrong. Plus it is a bigger strain on the companies honestly.

Board footer