You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just put the 20 million on a single payer and the rest on a less expensive private insurance. Take the money from planned parenthood and some from our taxes and be done with it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is so fucked, just like the Dems wanted, forcing us to go single payer. But it can't be the same quality as the private. But it can be sufficient. So needs to be single payer but with some private policy riders.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Nationalize medical records and require prescriptions be bounded off the same federal database. Free access to healthcare would result in a huge explosion of opioid abuse. Having a deductible limits most people from rolling the dice to get Rx. I like that I don't have to wait weeks to get a MRI.

Also need to remove medical decisions from the patient. Your religious beliefs or superstitions don't override medical expertise. You can never force a procedure, but it's the doctors recommendation or nothing. Also prudent decisions made.  No point in wasting millions to keep the 86 year old grandma alive.

If the government is responsible for medical care, it's also responsible for making sure it's managed in the best interest of the country.

Then fund it through a mandatory tax with the only write off being what you pay for your private insurance.

But what you'll find is people want to keep the current freedom and availability of the American system while asking others to pick up the tab with no personal sacrifice. And they'll still want ridiculous lawsuits that reward idiots at the expense of good doctors and limited resources.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You still at it?

You really are a stupid mother fucker.  No wonder everything you think and predict turns out to be complete shit. You took a lot of dicks to the face as a youngster didn't you?  Probably gagged on one and went too long without oxygen to your brain.  Make sure your private nurse fastens your helmet extra tight. Wouldn't want you to take any more hits to the head while you take it from behind.

Please keep it civil...we don't need to resort to name calling

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Randall I agree with what you say. Send the 20 million to the govt Medicare or whatever. The healthy or wealthy need to to be on a private system that makes sense.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The poor should have free healthcare. People who make less than 35 grand a year should be able to buy into medicare for full coverage. Reinstate the mandate and instead of paying a fine, the fine should include a basic coverage from Medicare. There should be capped prices on big pharma and medical institutions. And yes, I think there should be an obesity tax. People need to show some gumption and show some responsibility for themselves. Obesity is really destroying any healthcare plans. Doctors should get significant tax breaks based on performance, weed out the bad doctors.

And crossing state lines is meaningless. It's too much hardship on the individual, and the only guarantee is that they can get turned down in all fifty states. It would be an absolute mess.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

The poor should have free healthcare. People who make less than 35 grand a year should be able to buy into medicare for full coverage. Reinstate the mandate and instead of paying a fine, the fine should include a basic coverage from Medicare. There should be capped prices on big pharma and medical institutions. And yes, I think there should be an obesity tax. People need to show some gumption and show some responsibility for themselves. Obesity is really destroying any healthcare plans. Doctors should get significant tax breaks based on performance, weed out the bad doctors.

And crossing state lines is meaningless. It's too much hardship on the individual, and the only guarantee is that they can get turned down in all fifty states. It would be an absolute mess.

So many of the poor are morbidly obese.  Would be awesome if you paid rates based on how you take care of yourself and you had to take a physical etc. but right now the healthy subsidize the unhealthy. I like your idea!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

If we implement an obesity tax, what other lifestyle choices get punished. Do loose people get an STD tax? Do the mentally ill get a crazy tax?

Can we force the poor to take birth control so they don't continue to breed themselves into poverty?

I'm not against taxes to punish people, but there's a lot of other lifestyle choices that incur a greater liability. What about the idiots that have enough free time to run 26 miles?  The human body wasn't designed to run that distance so should we tax runners since they'll be the first to get knee replacements?

Selling insurance across state lines increases competition and prevents the states that tend to go full retard from requiring insane coverage. Every policy doesn't need to cover tit jobs, sex reassignment surgery or an IUD. Which is exactly what is already happening. If New York wants every policy to cover Botox, I can get a policy from Wyoming that covers real shit like broken bones, burns, lacerations and cancer.

I already have 2 insurance policies cause I'm not a retard or a fuckup. Don't fuck me over because you know lazy idiots who can't keep their legs closed and recently discovered Marx.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If we implement an obesity tax, what other lifestyle choices get punished. Do loose people get an STD tax? Do the mentally ill get a crazy tax?

Can we force the poor to take birth control so they don't continue to breed themselves into poverty?

I'm not against taxes to punish people, but there's a lot of other lifestyle choices that incur a greater liability. What about the idiots that have enough free time to run 26 miles?  The human body wasn't designed to run that distance so should we tax runners since they'll be the first to get knee replacements?

This is not a lifestyle choice, but a healthcare crisis. During the AIDS epidemic, they shut down bath houses which was an attack on lifestyle for public heath purposes. Employers now give out personalized watches that track how far you walk and how much they exercise, they actually reward healthy lifestyles, which is awesome. We need to help employers incentivize employees health. I see groups of workers take breaks to go on walks during the day in a little TN town. It can be done.

I am totally against regulating lifestyles, but look, when it's becoming a crisis you make bold steps. It's why I agree with a junk food tax. Is junk food not like cigarettes? I just read an article not long ago that obesity related health issues has far exceeded the cost of smoke related health issues. That is a wake up call.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Selling insurance across state lines increases competition and prevents the states that tend to go full retard from requiring insane coverage. Every policy doesn't need to cover tit jobs, sex reassignment surgery or an IUD. Which is exactly what is already happening. If New York wants every policy to cover Botox, I can get a policy from Wyoming that covers real shit like broken bones, burns, lacerations and cancer.

I already have 2 insurance policies cause I'm not a retard or a fuckup. Don't fuck me over because you know lazy idiots who can't keep their legs closed and recently discovered Marx.

But that still isn't a guarantee you will get that insurance you want. It's putting the burden on you instead of simplifying the issue.

Board footer