You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

All these rallies are in big cities that Hilary won... Out in the rest of the country it is total opposite..

Wisconsin
http://www.channel3000.com/news/mpd/284567959

http://www.live5news.com/story/34312738 … -carolinas

Carolina's

Iowa

Ohio

Florida

ect.

Would you prefer they marched on a field?

Out of the 120 something million votes, she won by close to 3 million votes... That means a lot of people voted for Trump as well, as evidence by his victory.  Urban areas went for Hillary, everwhere else went for trump. There are urban areas in everystate.

2nd point, this was to be a WOMEN'S MARCH.  There are actually Trump voters there, at the march, but it has turned into an ANTI TRUMP march.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

More than 1 million people gathered in Washington and in cities around the country and the world Saturday to mount a roaring rejoinder to the inauguration of President Trump. What started as a Facebook post by a Hawaii retiree became an unprecedented international rebuke of a new president that packed cities large and small — from London to Los Angeles, Paris to Park City, Utah, Miami to Melbourne, Australia.

The organizers of the Women’s March on Washington, who originally sought a permit for a gathering of 200,000, said Saturday that as many as half a million people participated.

Many in the nation’s capital and other cities said they were inspired to join because of Trump’s divisive campaign and his disparagement of women, minorities and immigrants. In signs and shouts, they mocked what they characterized as Trump’s lewd language and sexist demeanor.

The marches provided a balm for those eager to immerse themselves in a like-minded sea of citizens who shared their anxiety and disappointment after Democrat Hillary Clinton’s historic bid for the presidency ended in defeat.

“We just want to make sure that we’re heard,” said Mona Osuchukwu, 27, a D.C. native. “I want her to know that she has a voice,” she said of her 3-year-old daughter, Chioma, who was with her at the march. “No matter what anyone tells her, especially as a black woman in America.”

Massive crowds gather for the Women’s March on Washington  Play Video2:27
Hundreds of thousands of activists descended on downtown Washington for a rally and march, the day after President Donald Trump took office. The sheer number of attendees caused confusion and complicated logistics. (Video: Sarah Parnass/Photo: Oliver Contreras/The Washington Post)

The Washington demonstration was amplified by gatherings around the world, with march organizers listing more than 670 events nationwide and overseas in cities including Tel Aviv, Barcelona, Mexico City, Berlin and Yellowknife in Canada’s Northwest Territories, where the temperature was 6 degrees below zero.

In Chicago, the demonstration was overwhelmed by its own size, after 150,000 demonstrators swamped downtown blocks. It forced officials to curtail their planned march, although thousand of protesters still paraded around the Loop. In Boston, police estimated a gathering of 125,000. In Los Angeles, officials temporarily closed some side streets to accommodate the crowds.

“We are doing our best to facilitate, because they are squeezing into every street right now,” said Capt. Andrew Neiman of the Los Angeles Police Department.

New York, Miami, Denver and Seattle also had huge gatherings.

In Juneau, Alaska, one man marveled that the crowd was the biggest he had ever seen on the state Capitol’s steps. In Philadelphia, marchers filled city bridges. In Lexington, Ky., they shut down streets. In New Orleans, participants played brass instruments.

The fear — and anger — about Trump’s rise to the most powerful position in the United States reverberated at renowned protest sites around the world, from the Trocadero in Paris to Trafalgar Square in London.

Demonstrators came to Washington from around the country, sometimes sleeping on the couches of people they had never met. As of 4 p.m. Saturday, Metro had recorded more than 597,000 trips, a weekend ridership record. By comparison, as of 4 p.m. on Inauguration Day, there were 368,000 trips. The city issued about 1,800 bus parking permits for the march, and Amtrak added extra trains in and out of Union Station.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/wo … d14381f1c1

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

You can poo poo all this I guess, but it's unprecedented.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

You know all these women personally? You know that none of them voted? That's a rather useless comment.

I don't remember anything like this politically in my lifetime. A protest march to an incoming president that exceeded the size of a presidential inauguration, with sister marches all over the country and around the world.

Just an observation. We're all free to make them last I checked. No, I didn't have time to poll all of them. I'll get right on that though. A lot of women voted for Trump last I heard, but I didn't poll them either so I guess that doesn't matter either.

All these rallies are in big cities that Hilary won... Out in the rest of the country it is total opposite..

Fuck me for not wanting the guy who could start WW3 with Twitter.

If Trump starts off with infrastructure, gets the Dems on board with an amnesty plan if they support some version of a wall, tighter border security and removing birthright citizenship, and gets healthcare for all by expanding Medicaid but reducing the limits of the ACA, how can you not call him successful.

If he gets the corporate tax rate dropped and brings hundreds of billions back in taxable income from businesses coming home, and keeps union jobs from being outsourced to Mexico, how can you not call him successful.

Those aren't Republican exclusive ideas.  Leveling the playing field with trade and putting Americans first isn't Republican exclusive.

If arguing that every country's first obligation is to its own citizens is now controversial, someone is living in a bubble that badly needs popped. There's billions of people on this planet who would slit your children's throats and roast your dog to have the comfort and wealth you have. We didn't make this country great through luck. Our ancestors built it through blood and sweat. We have an obligation to maintain that security and comfort.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

There are actually Trump voters there, at the march, but it has turned into an ANTI TRUMP march.

Yeah, that makes sense! 14

2nd time's a charm?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If he gets the corporate tax rate dropped and brings hundreds of billions back in taxable income from businesses coming home, and keeps union jobs from being outsourced to Mexico, how can you not call him successful.

They won't do that. They'll just pocket the money and send the jobs overseas anyway.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is a genius!!! Already trying to lower health care costs he got more fat women to walk in one day than Obama could do in 8 years. lol

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

They won't do that. They'll just pocket the money and send the jobs overseas anyway.

Where should we send the money from the Go Fund Me account Randall is starting for you since you are letting Trump ruin your life?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is a genius!!! Already trying to lower health care costs he got more fat women to walk in one day than Obama could do in 8 years. lol

It's shocking you're a Trump supporter...shocking!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Board footer