You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well, the article clearly states 25% less viewers than Obama 2009.  Secondly, who cares about ratings & attendance?  Trump is so hyper focused on this its perplexing?!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Not only did Obama create a vacuum that allowed ISIS to form...

This is such bullshit. Bush didn't have a handle on Iraq...Saddam did. Bush destabilized that region and turned it into a battle zone between various Muslim sects with American troops smack dab in the middle of it. It also became a battle cry for jihadist nutjobs to come and fight us.

This bolded point was my entire argument. Bush created a central battleground to flock to rather than be all over the map, which is what Obama allowed to happen.

Furthermore it was Bush who signed the Status Forces agreement before he left office, providing a timeline for withdrawal by 2011. Obama followed that timeline and pulled the troops out. The majority of Americans also wanted us out of Iraq, as our kids came home in caskets or with their limbs blown off.

Right, Bush created a timeline when we'd have the insurgents contained. Which we did in 2011. SOFA just ended major military operations. Remember McCain saying we'd treat Iraq like South Korea (which has been a smashing success), and Obama left nothing behind which allowed ISIS to form. Your boy's incompetence and total lack of connection to reality is to blame here, not Bush. Bush may have fucked up with Iraq, but he's the one who contained radical Islam. Obama is singlehandedly responsible for ISIS and its spread. Now we have President Trump, and hopefully he'll bomb these savages out of existence.

And don't pretend you give one fuck about the American soldier and their sacrifice. If so you wouldn't openly mock their values while advocating for policies and politicians that will inevitably lead to more casualties in the long term.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well, the article clearly states 25% less viewers than Obama 2009.  Secondly, who cares about ratings & attendance?  Trump is so hyper focused on this its perplexing?!

Of course Obama was big... first African American/Mixed President ever. Was a huge deal. But Trump's numbers beat everyone else since Ronald Regan and if you couldn't live streams he may even beat Barack Obama. The media is the once focused on comparing the attendance. It was all Maddow and Lawerence O'Donnel were focused on. Like I keep saying, the Trump voters don't live very close to D.C.... Urban areas are not good for Trump. D.C. Is much more accessible for democrats n

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Remember McCain saying we'd treat Iraq like South Korea (which has been a smashing success),

Not the best analogy, because while we aligned with S Korea, we just left North Korea as is.  W's Iraq we invaded & overthrew Iraq's government and left it a mess, with only the USA to manage it?!  A perplexing ideology.

Now HW Bush's Iraq is a fair analogy, because Iraq invaded Kuwait, we joined in and kicked them the fuck out. And kept Kuwait protected, but left Iraq be.

Randall Flagg wrote:

while advocating for policies and politicians that will inevitably lead to more casualties in the long term.

So now Obama's Middle East policy is going to lead to more US casualties??  Wrong.  It's your Middle East policy which Atari clearly debunked you on. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The media is the once focused on comparing the attendance. It was all Maddow and Lawerence O'Donnel were focused on.

The Presidents own Press Secretary CALLED A SPECIAL MEETING AT 3PM ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!!! to dispute the media's estimates!!  Reporters were perplexed as they thought it was going to be for a big announcement or cabinet pick approval!?   Most of them couldn't even believe they wasted their time attending such a stupid meeting.  Then, he refused to take any questions regarding it?!  Which is unprecedented for a Press Secretary!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Even Chris Matthews of Fox News Sunday owned Rence Priebus over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZJ5nnd7fM

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Remember McCain saying we'd treat Iraq like South Korea (which has been a smashing success),

Not the best analogy, because while we aligned with S Korea, we just left North Korea as is.  W's Iraq we invaded & overthrew Iraq's government and left it a mess, with only the USA to manage it?!  A perplexing ideology.

Now HW Bush's Iraq is a fair analogy, because Iraq invaded Kuwait, we joined in and kicked them the fuck out. And kept Kuwait protected, but left Iraq be.

Randall Flagg wrote:

while advocating for policies and politicians that will inevitably lead to more casualties in the long term.

So now Obama's Middle East policy is going to lead to more US casualties??  Wrong.  It's your Middle East policy which Atari clearly debunked you on. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

What did Atari smack down?  Shit I wrote in 2010 or 2011 after I just got back from Iraq that was true at the time. "Here's Flagg saying Iraq is good."  Obama fucks it up. "Haha, Flagg is such an idiot."

Yea, I was way off on Obama in 2008. I've been using that lesson learned to tell the rest of you to knock it off on Trump. Atari supports monarchies and legislatures open only to those with noble blood. He's also been having a conversation with himself in the UK thread the past few weeks. I wouldn't point to him as an expert on anything.

johndivney wrote:

Alternative facts?
These people are living in an alternative reality.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What did Atari smack down?  Shit I wrote in 2010 or 2011 after I just got back from Iraq that was true at the time. "Here's Flagg saying Iraq is good."  Obama fucks it up. "Haha, Flagg is such an idiot."

Yea, I was way off on Obama in 2008. I've been using that lesson learned to tell the rest of you to knock it off on Trump. Atari supports monarchies and legislatures open only to those with noble blood. He's also been having a conversation with himself in the UK thread the past few weeks. I wouldn't point to him as an expert on anything.

You said Bush did a great job in improving Iraq, Iraqi's quality of life had been improved due to the war, that us pulling out for good with it being finished "was near", and that overall it was a good decision and a job was well done?!

None of that was true.  In the end, we had no exit plan, no basis for a "new" Iraq. W & Cheney did what every Democrat knew & that is 'Leave it for the next guy to figure out & solve this mess' and Iraq was not "improved" as a result of the war. It had no overseeing government in place & left for it to figure it out.  It'd be like Trump pulling out all politicians & police in Chicago & saying "We won!"

Board footer