You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: US Politics Thread

johndivney wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Even Chris Matthews of Fox News Sunday owned Rence Priebus over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZJ5nnd7fM

[/embed]

The tactics deployed & used by politicians these days are so ludicrous that the danger of them is obfuscated somewhat by the sheer absurdity of those tactics. This assault on the media is a snapshot of it, where they're threatening and demanding unity and togetherness as a necessity, which is something that in itself is inherently divisive: there should be no room for dissenting voices, their way is the only way. Disagreements, differences of opinion, are taken as attacks to be responded to with increased force. There is no middle or common ground with these people. You're either with us or your against us..

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What did Atari smack down?  Shit I wrote in 2010 or 2011 after I just got back from Iraq that was true at the time. "Here's Flagg saying Iraq is good."  Obama fucks it up. "Haha, Flagg is such an idiot."

Yea, I was way off on Obama in 2008. I've been using that lesson learned to tell the rest of you to knock it off on Trump. Atari supports monarchies and legislatures open only to those with noble blood. He's also been having a conversation with himself in the UK thread the past few weeks. I wouldn't point to him as an expert on anything.

You said Bush did a great job in improving Iraq, Iraqi's quality of life had been improved due to the war, that us pulling out for good with it being finished "was near", and that overall it was a good decision and a job was well done?!

None of that was true.  In the end, we had no exit plan, no basis for a "new" Iraq. W & Cheney did what every Democrat knew & that is 'Leave it for the next guy to figure out & solve this mess' and Iraq was not "improved" as a result of the war. It had no overseeing government in place & left for it to figure it out.  It'd be like Trump pulling out all politicians & police in Chicago & saying "We won!"

You know this how?  I was there. I saw the intel briefings. Look at Iraq in 2011 compared to 2003. Look at it now. I'm not interested in debating with you something you have no experience with and rely on left wing publications that were also too craven to set foot there. You don't get to rewrite history out of ignorance and a desire to white wash Obama's atrocious foreign policy record. You Yahoos are celebrating a nuclear Iran as a fucking accomplishment.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think they're trying to debunk all media & make Breitbart their go-to news source for their followers.  Scary, it's very North Korea-Kim Jung Il/Un -ish

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Look at Iraq in 2011 compared to 2003. Look at it now.

In 2011 there was Al-qaeda, so it wasn't all rainbows.

Also, look at our economy in 2017 compared to October 2009. Don't worry, Repubes will manage to F it up again. Just wait.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Listen, The press Sec should NOT have called a special briefing for that shit. However, it was something that the media was focused on and they focused on it to diminish Trump and to try to show that nobody likes him. I get it. It was all CNN and MSNBC talked about up until the press briefing. They kept showing one pic from the max crowd for Obama and then showed an early pic from Trump's inauguration. So the media is NOT innocent here. However Trump needs to let that shit go.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Look at Iraq in 2011 compared to 2003. Look at it now.

In 2011 there was Al-qaeda, so it wasn't all rainbows.

Also, look at our economy in 2017 compared to October 2009. Don't worry, Repubes will manage to F it up again. Just wait.

Our economy is built on a house of cards at the moment built on a zero interest rate over the past 8 years. It is still fragile.  There are still people hurting. We are not back to predepressiom levels.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

It wasn't an "early crowd". I saw a screenshot which displayed 11:37AM EST.  He officially swore in about noon. 20 minutes time wouldn't make a vast difference. Secondly, who's to say if they chose to show another aerial shot in those remaining 20 minutes anyway.

And your right, the point is he has to let these things go. To do this, on his first full day, and the Press Secretary's FIRST conference is a terrible start.  Secondly, Trump lied about the CIA dispute being a "media invention".  It started with a Trump tweet.

johndivney wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think they're trying to debunk all media & make Breitbart their go-to news source for their followers.  Scary, it's very North Korea-Kim Jung Il/Un -ish

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Joy Reid, Lawrence O'Donnel, and Rachel Maddow pretty much lie and exaggerate non stop about Trump where as Chris Matthews, Greta, Stephanie Ruhl, etc seem to be a little more reasonable and fair. But Joy Reid comes off as very unintelligent to me. Matthews and others constantly have to tell her to take a step back and get some perspective. She seems nice and probably is smart but when she exaggerates shit so bad she looks dumb. Trump gives enough ammo alone if you just report the facts. No need to lie.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It wasn't an "early crowd". I saw a screenshot which displayed 11:37AM EST.  He officially swore in about noon. 20 minutes time wouldn't make a vast difference. Secondly, who's to say if they chose to show another aerial shot in those remaining 20 minutes anyway.

And your right, the point is he has to let these things go. To do this, on his first full day, and the Press Secretary's FIRST conference is a terrible start.  Secondly, Trump lied about the CIA dispute being a "media invention".  It started with a Trump tweet.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc. … ent=safari

Obama's pic was about 11:30. Trump's pic was 11:04. About an hour before was was sworn in. There is a very big chance more people showed up between 11:04 and 12:00

Board footer