You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Visa or not I agree, why the fvck are so many flying back and forth so much. No travel for 90 days. Many have visas and have gone to train. Most are innocent but the Pakistani and San bernadino came in a "Visa" and we saw how that ended.

Your post is amusing in it's naivete I suppose.

How many immigrants does the U.S. admit, and how many come from the seven countries on Trump’s list?

The State Department issued 617,752 immigrant visas and 10,891,745 non-immigrant (tourist and worker) visas in 2016. One out of 20 immigrant visas — roughly 30,000 — went to people from the seven majority Muslim countries cited by the president: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and Yemen.

I agree "something" can be done. I find it amusing tho the party who refuses to budge at all on the slightest gun reform/background check demands an OUTRIGHT BAN on all Muslims from entering, when the numbers to support it just aren't there. At all.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

First week:

Start trade war with Mexico

Unconstitutional executive order banning Muslims (which again is also great propaganda for fundamentalist nutjobs around the globe)

Trump supporters applaud. We're only getting started. This lunatic is going to burn everything to the ground.

No one has ruled this unconstitutional. The President gets to dictate who gets to enter. Good luck finding a court that rules Trump blocking people from traveling to America is illegal, let alone unconstitutional. They've put a temporary stay detaining people who have a valid visa. And I've yet to see that Trump ordered or desired to keep people locked up in an airport.

If you thought Obama could legalize people who illegally entered our country, you absolutely have to accept the President can determine who can enter legally.

The Trump Administration & Executive order called for an immediate ban & for all to be deported. After the protests, the administration reversed course to save face. It's a joke how inept they are.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/detained … d=45109972

The ruling does not appear to overturn administration policy, but does appear to apply to all of those people currently detained at airports across the country who were facing imminent deportation.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

First week:

Start trade war with Mexico

Unconstitutional executive order banning Muslims (which again is also great propaganda for fundamentalist nutjobs around the globe)

Trump supporters applaud. We're only getting started. This lunatic is going to burn everything to the ground.

No one has ruled this unconstitutional. The President gets to dictate who gets to enter. Good luck finding a court that rules Trump blocking people from traveling to America is illegal, let alone unconstitutional. They've put a temporary stay detaining people who have a valid visa. And I've yet to see that Trump ordered or desired to keep people locked up in an airport.

If you thought Obama could legalize people who illegally entered our country, you absolutely have to accept the President can determine who can enter legally.

The Trump Administration & Executive order called for an immediate ban & for all to be deported. After the protests, the administration reversed course to save face. It's a joke how inept they are.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/detained … d=45109972

The ruling does not appear to overturn administration policy, but does appear to apply to all of those people currently detained at airports across the country who were facing imminent deportation.

Because they were stopped at the airport and were going to be sent back. It's not stopping Trump from deporting some illegal or someone found to have violated the conditions of their visa. Just a couple hundred foreigners who were being detained at airports. It doesn't stop his order from continuing to be implemented and preventing people who haven't departed yet for the US.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Because they were stopped at the airport and were going to be sent back. It's not stopping Trump from deporting some illegal or someone found to have violated the conditions of their visa. Just a couple hundred foreigners who were being detained at airports. It doesn't stop his order from continuing to be implemented and preventing people who haven't departed yet for the US.

What part of " imminent deportation" do you have trouble comprehending?

Originally they were going to be sent back.  All of them.  Only until the outrage & protests began they reversed course. Amatuers.

United States of Breitbart.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yet the dick is still blaming the media: "America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave," he wrote. "We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/ … index.html

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Secondly, (umpteenthly), do you know what kindof recruiting tool this is?  If anything gets foreigners amped up to hate us more its a nimrod like this & Brietbart running the show.  San Bernadino, Orlando, Boston, they were just random lone wolfs. Not organized strikes. No different than Dylan Roof, Batman, Virginia Tech, Newtown.  Should we ban all Christians from owning guns?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Secondly, (umpteenthly), do you know what kindof recruiting tool this is?  If anything gets foreigners amped up to hate us its a nimrod like this & Brietbart running the show.  San Bernadino, Orlando, Boston, they were just random lone wolfs. Not organized strikes. No different than Dylan Roof, Batman, Virginia Tech, Newtown.  Should we ban all Christians from owning guns?

The mass shooting dipshits don't do it in the name of Jesus or Allah...

All Islamic Terrorist attacks are in the name of Allah...

Every country has bad people.. Killers, robbers, rapists, etc..

People always cite US deaths AFTER 9/11 (don't know why you not count 9/11, or the first World Trade Center attack, or USS Cole, etc.  I agree at times the threat can be exaggerated and you have a greater chance of dying from lightning but I hate it when people down play it.  When the terrorist attack they come hard and usually kill many.  Paris, Nice, Germany, Orlando, Boston San Bernadino, Chattanooga, Fort Hood, etc.  Shit was been going up since 2009. (Can they get any more pissed off? They already hate us)

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What part of " imminent deportation" do you have trouble comprehending?

Originally they were going to be sent back.  All of them.  Only until the outrage & protests began they reversed course. Amatuers.

United States of Breitbart.

All of them being the couple hundred at an airport. Why is this a big deal?  You're acting like it's a victory when a couple hundred people who were trapped in an airport were allowed to leave. And you've yet to show Trumps intent was for these people to be locked up at the airport.

Nothing has changed. Someone in Iran at this moment can not fly to America. Trump's EO stays. Either you fail to grasp what has occurred or you're pretending that admitting the 200 people temporarily detained at an airport was somehow a victory and repudiation of Trump.   It was neither, but if thinking something of any note was accomplished makes you feel like you've won or done anything to stop Trump, good for you. Maybe Trump can let you pick out the color of a tie and you can claim victory over the border wall too. Stay distracted.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Secondly, (umpteenthly), do you know what kindof recruiting tool this is?  If anything gets foreigners amped up to hate us more its a nimrod like this & Brietbart running the show.  San Bernadino, Orlando, Boston, they were just random lone wolfs. Not organized strikes. No different than Dylan Roof, Batman, Virginia Tech, Newtown.  Should we ban all Christians from owning guns?

Christian's aren't killing people for their god. Why do I care if the Hajis get riled up over this. They won't be able to enter our country. Trump banned them. What part of this isn't penetrating your skull?

Let them recruit and train for a war for Allah. We'll be better able to kill them by following their behavior and web traffic.

I don't know how to make this any clearer. I don't care if Syrians are killing each other. I'm not going to sacrifice shit to help them.  And neither are you. You're not going to do a fucking thing to help them. You'll bitch on the internet, maybe even march downtown on a Saturday after noon when you're not busy. But you don't sacrifice a fucking thing or do anything to inconvenience yourself to help these people you claim to care about. That goes for all of you. You'll sit in your nice western home with the heat on eating a hoagie with extra mayo and talk.   None of you have actually done anything to change the world. But you think liking a comment on Twitter or marching in a circle has any fucking impact on reality. It doesn't. 

Trump is going to continue to shatter the false barriers that have been built. And most of you will be too busy arguing over what pronoun should be used to call a man who mutilated his body and took estrogen shots. As long as your stomach is full and you have fun things to keep you entertained, you won't sacrifice a fucking thing.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People always cite US deaths AFTER 9/11

I don't reference it, because I know someone who died in it. Went to school with him. He was 2 years younger than me, and lived next door to a friend of mine. I still remember making an 'obstacle course' and running randomly thru their yards and seeing who was fastest. He died in one of the towers. So yeah, I never mention it by name, cause I'm not gonna go there. Not on some Gnr message board at least, it's personal & sacred ground for me. Coincidentally I'm actually at my parents house today (in my Moms basement, literally) and his old house is about a mile or two away. FWIW his parents had a "Say No To War" sign out front for years until they moved away. Spoke volumes back in 02-08 era.

In terms of major attacks, Obama kept us safe for 8 years regarding that. You gotta give him credit for that. This nitwit steps in & stirs up a hornets nest in a week.

Board footer