You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-republic … 38305.html

and 2 Senate Republicans just stopped Devos from being Education Secretary.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Now we'll get a real education secretary who can coherently speak.

If that's all that vote no, Pence breaks the tie.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

and 2 Senate Republicans just stopped Devos from being Education Secretary.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Now we'll get a real education secretary who can coherently speak.

If Sessions is appointed first, and I think he will, that leaves one less Republican seat. Has LA wrapped up their election yet?  If not the GOP only has 51 senators. 

Of course this all assumes not a single Democrat will back her.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If Sessions is appointed first, and I think he will. That leaves one less Republican seat. Has LA wrapped up they're election yet?  If not the GOP only has 51 senators. 

Are you talking about this race? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati … /95289104/

"BATON ROUGE, La. — Republican John Kennedy will be Louisiana's next U.S. Senator after winning Saturday's election against Democrat Foster Campbell."

At any rate, I still think she'll squeak by.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

McConnell decided he would start a new precedent by blocking Obama's Supreme Court Justice with more than a year left in his term, and Senate Republicans including Cruz pledged to block any Hillary nominee for four years. Now they want Dems to play fair and pass their nominee.

Time to punch the bully in the mouth. Let them go nuclear and face the consequences when its the Democrats turn.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

To be factual, it was 11 months left in Obama's term.

And 9 months until he was a lame duck.

Still, Garland should have gotten a hearing. He would have lost, but still.

misterID

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Bin Laden and Obamacare is what you remember from the previous two terms. Trump has outdone him in less than two weeks.

This is a ridiculous statement. Much like your hero Trump, just made up straight out of thin air; facts are meaningless. This may be your standard for an argument, but it's not mine.

You should stick to what you know best: An in depth analysis of the lizard people and how they've infiltrated our society via the Illuminati.

And you should take note that your standard for politeness is a tad too base for this thread right now. For a lib you surely have the mouth of a redneck.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Serious? You changed the rules of these threads when it was a Trumper calling us stupid motherfuckers to allow insults, and banned me, but now you're critiquing rudeness? Stop whining and grow thicker orange skin.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

If Sessions is appointed first, and I think he will. That leaves one less Republican seat. Has LA wrapped up they're election yet?  If not the GOP only has 51 senators. 

Are you talking about this race? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati … /95289104/

"BATON ROUGE, La. — Republican John Kennedy will be Louisiana's next U.S. Senator after winning Saturday's election against Democrat Foster Campbell."

At any rate, I still think she'll squeak by.

Yea. That's it. For some reason I didn't think it was until February.

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's correct, 11 months. Thanks.

Dems should make them go nuclear. One, the consequences. Two, Trump could do a whole lot worse with this nominee. A LOT worse.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's correct, 11 months. Thanks.

Dems should make them go nuclear. One, the consequences. Two, Trump could do a whole lot worse with this nominee. A LOT worse.

No, I am adamantly against them going nuclear.  I opposed it when Reid did it and I oppose it now.  I have no problem with the GOP using the rules created by Democrats now that they're in power.  But this shit needs to end.  No one filibustered any of Obama's Court nominees and Sotomayor was a fucking nightmare (Kegan not so much).  If the court has to stay at 8 justices, so be it.  But I don't want the filibuster to be done away with.  It's a very important tool.  They should just require the Democrats willing to filibuster to actually stand there until they collapse, then have a vote.

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's why I want them to use it. It'll come back on them big time.

Republicans put themselves in this position. The Cruz wing is more responsible than McConnell, IMO. They made it clear they were going to obstruct any Clinton nominee. Dems need to find their balls.

Board footer