You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Trump transcript from his phone call to Mexican president leaked. Courtesy of Yahoo!

C3netl_VcAAUCJx.jpg

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Trump transcript from his phone call to Mexican president leaked. Courtesy of Yahoo!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3netl_VcAAUCJx.jpg

Is that for real?  I'd want to see the whole conversation to get the full context. But that statement appears to be way out of line. We're not Russia. We don't threaten military action to get an allied country to bend to our will.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You should read the whole thing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-en … ing-2017-2

I didn't think it was legit, either, because it's so crazy and out there. But major news outlets are picking it up. And it goes to what was mentioned earlier that Kushner is furious over Trump's behavior.

It's so cazy I'm still not comfortable saying it's 100% real.

Randall Flagg

If it's not true, and I'm inclined to believe it's not, this proves Trump's point. "Respected" Media outlets are willing to run tabloid trash to maintain a negative frame of his presidency.

People claimed Obama didn't have a scandal (Fast and Furious?!?), but the media wasn't running conspiracy wack job stories about Obama being pissed on.

misterID

misterID wrote:

MSNBC hasn't said anything of this AP report yet...

Randall Flagg

It's on Drudge. I still don't want to believe it because it's so absurd. I'd like to see the full discussion. Some people on another board are already trying to justify it, saying the us military needs to remove the cartels. That's insane. If this is true and not out of context, something needs to happen. Condemnation from congress at a minimum.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The fact he found it necessary to bully a neighbor and ally President is more than offensive, but it seems he's very flippant about using the military for his own ego. It makes Flynn's Iran comments today very concerning.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

but military casualties shouldn't be used for political purposes.

I agree. I think the news respects the families privacy not to make make him an internet meme.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

CBSN did just report a blurb about how a phone call with the Australian PM went sour. PM scolded him about his immigration ban and Trump ended the call abruptly after 20 minutes (was intended to be an hour).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … a0ebc28352

FWIW further down in the article it does state:

Trump told Peña Nieto in last Friday’s call, according to the Associated Press, which said it reviewed a transcript of part of the conversation, “You have a bunch of bad hombres down there. You aren’t doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn’t, so I just might send them down to take care of it.”

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

CBSN did just report a blurb about how a phone call with the Australian PM went sour. PM scolded him about his immigration ban and Trump ended the call abruptly after 20 minutes (was intended to be an hour).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … a0ebc28352

FWIW further down in the article it does state:

Trump told Peña Nieto in last Friday’s call, according to the Associated Press, which said it reviewed a transcript of part of the conversation, “You have a bunch of bad hombres down there. You aren’t doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn’t, so I just might send them down to take care of it.”

I laughed. Haha holy fuck you can't make this up.

Board footer