You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

I'm still not sold on the Mexico call, but what gives the Australian PM the balls to criticize Trump. This is a guy who won't even let asylum claimants touch his soil, keeping thousands locked up on an island detainment camp.

The hypocrisy from nations that expect the US to do things they themselves would never do.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

LOL at this

16i9kc7.jpg

Uhmm, it def doesn't surprise me about Mexico.  Again, I don't think it meant he's going to war with them, plus there's probably some form of whisper down the lane, but again its the jyst of it which is stupid. There was an article a while back that Trump was "livid" over some leaks which got out from within his circle.  Anyway I said it before, the Iran thing is scarier than Mexico.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

douche

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/donald … p-his-dad/

Donald Trump Jr. ‘liked’ tweet hoping Quebec shooter was a Muslim because it would help his dad

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm still not sold on the Mexico call, but what gives the Australian PM the balls to criticize Trump. This is a guy who won't even let asylum claimants touch his soil, keeping thousands locked up on an island detainment camp.

The hypocrisy from nations that expect the US to do things they themselves would never do.

@monkeychow said the same thing. He lives in Australia and was like "who the hell are we to talk refugees, we keep ours detained on an island where they are abused".

Randall Flagg

Yea, Mexico is denying Trump said that. More fake news. At what point do you admit the media is hostile and fabricating stories?  Maybe Trump should consider having the DOJ go after these reporters for libel.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-ame … y,amp.html

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Good grief, I don't want the Exxon guy meddling in ANY foreign affairs.

Dept of Energy run by Rick Perry, whose qualifications include "duh" and a degree in "animal husbandry." Exxon guy with ties to Putin runs Dept of State. Dept of Labor is run by fast food CEO who opposes raises in minimum wage. Of course the Dept of Education may or may not make the cut, but she's a doozy, a step above Palin. The EPA headed by another oil guy who believes global warming is just a liberal myth.

If the goal was to burn everything to the ground this is a great start.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Small Business Administration run by WWE's wife lol.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

You guys elected a community organizer with 4 years of Senate experience and not a single legislative accomplishment. Your standards for whom should be in office puzzle me.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You guys elected a community organizer with 4 years of Senate experience and not a single legislative accomplishment. Your standards for whom should be in office puzzle me.

Apples to oranges. These are people who are the antithesis of the positions they seek. If you don't believe in global warming you should not head up the EPA. If you want to abolish a certain department, but are too stupid to remember which one it is, you shouldn't then be put in charge of it.  If you want to privatize schools you shouldn't run the Dept of Ed.

Not sure what's so puzzling about that.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Apples to oranges. These are people who are the antithesis of the positions they seek. If you don't believe in global warming you should not head up the EPA. If you want to abolish a certain department, but are too stupid to remember which one it is, you shouldn't then be put in charge of it.  If you want to privatize schools you shouldn't run the Dept of Ed.

Not sure what's so puzzling about that.

Has he actually said that he doesn't believe in Global Warming, or is this like Pelosi saying that Gorsuch doesn't care about children's education because he ruled that an autistic child who screams, runs around naked and shits on the floor isn't entitled to an education that attempts to pretend he will ever be normal?  Saying you don't believe we should decimate our energy industry because a bunch of people who couldn't draw the structure of a CO2 molecule believe the world is ending isn't the same as saying there is no evidence the Earth is slightly warming.

We both voted for the candidate who said she was going to put a lot of coal miners out of work, but I'm sure even you can understand why that is a problematic proposal if for no other reason that anything outside of carbon based energy isn't remotely feasible at this point.  Maybe you should prod the Bernie and environmental nutters to back nuclear.

Board footer