You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/status/831705828268896256

lol, Randall "it's just tiny news story. Nothing to be concerned with" -- Republicans in 1972

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Blame the media!!  Blame Obama!! Blame Hillary!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-blames … 59904.html

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, Randall "it's just tiny news story. Nothing to be concerned with" -- Republicans in 1972

Still waiting for the evidence. Please provide proof that Trump or anyone on his team conspired with Russia. Until then, feel free to create an alternative reality. 

Just don't go down the Mitch path.  Hopefully someday he realizes how embarrassing his comments are.

You guys provide an article that says 7 sentences in "there is no evidence" but want to focus on what you imagined took place.

When I discuss fantasy, I prefer it to be good fantasy. So if you want to discuss Game if Thrones, Star Wars or The Dark Tower, let me know.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Good thing Trump canned her, that worked out well!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-actin … 05132.html
Who is Former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates?

10. She warned the Trump administration about Michael Flynn weeks before his resignation.

Weeks prior to former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn announcing his resignation, Yates and the Justice Department had warned the White House he might be vulnerable to Russian blackmail, The Washington Post reports. The publication went on to report that Yates and another senior career national security official personally delivered the message to the White House counsel, which stated their belief that Flynn had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other senior officials about his communications with Russia.

It is not clear at this time what, if anything, the White House did with this information - but in his resignation letter, Flynn did concede he had provided Pence and other senior officials with "incomplete information."

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You guys provide an article that says 7 sentences in "there is no evidence" but want to focus on what you imagined took place.

You beleive everything the right says, don't you?  Does that include Mike Pence saying Mike 'homeboy military bud' Flynn NEVER discussed sanctions with Russia?  Cause, ya know, only a few days into his role as VP that was what was considered "fact".  Mike Flynn, the same dipshit who spead the moronic-should-be-imprisoned-its-so-stupid Hillary Clinton/Pizza shop story. How that guy & Petraeus are still considered military tops is just an embarrassment to our military. Surely we have more capable people out of there than those bumbling idiots.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Also, I don't think the meat of the story is solely that there is 'proof Trump Aides discussed &/or requested hacking"with Russia but that they were in contact with Russia in the first place?!  I think that's the debate & the raising of the alarm bells.

I think, again, you're not really seeing the forrest thru the trees.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You beleive everything the right says, don't you?  Does that include Mike Pence saying Mike 'homeboy military bud' Flynn NEVER discussed sanctions with Russia?  Cause, ya know, only a few days into his role as VP that was what was considered "fact".  Mike Flynn, the same dipshit who spead the moronic-should-be-imprisoned-its-so-stupid Hillary Clinton/Pizza shop story. How that guy & Petraeus are still considered military tops is just an embarrassment to our military. Surely we have more capable people out of there than those bumbling idiots.

If Flynn lied to Trump, I have no issues with him resigning. I'm consistent in this.  Government officials have to be honest.  If he violated the law, he should be appropriately punished. I don't know what was discussed in his calls (neither do any of you) but I don't believe discussing future policy is a violation. And many scholars not writing for Media Matters or Think Progress agree.  If you don't think Clinton or her designates had conversations with leaders the day of the election, I have a bridge to sell you.

But I met Petraeus. The man is a god damn hero who has done more and sacrificed more for this country than Clinton, Obama, Trump, Pelosi, McConnel and Schumer will ever meet. He cheated on his wife and shared classified info with someone who had a Top Secret clearance.  He owned his mistake, didn't lie about it or try to joke about it.  He paid his fine and resigned in embarrassment.

That's the difference between him and someone else.  He owned it and did the honorable thing. He didn't lawyer up and dispatch aides to wipe all evidence after he was subpoenaed. Then try to piss on the public's shoes and tell them it's raining.  The man is a fucking hero who should be remembered favorably 100 years from now.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Also, I don't think the meat of the story is solely that there is 'proof Trump Aides discussed &/or requested hacking"with Russia but that they were in contact with Russia in the first place?!  I think that's the debate & the raising of the alarm bells.

What are the alarm bells if the story isn't about Trump's campaign coordinating with Russia?  We have actual evidence of conspiracy with another politician you loved.  We now have an intelligence agency recording phone calls if a US citizen and leaking that to the media. Instead of having an AG having secret meetings with the husband of someone under investigation. 

I see the forest just fine. A bunch of people upset they lost and a for profit media that runs headlines to grab revenue with no substance to support said headline. If only you were consistent on conspiracy, Clinton never would have been able to run.  But you guys aren't consistent which is why you'll demand Trumo take action against Russia (though you and your favorite media sites conveniently never recommend a course of action to take) while your party ignored Russia for 8 years when it was in a position to actually do something and assume ownership when the fickle public lost interest.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What are the alarm bells if the story isn't about Trump's campaign coordinating with Russia?

** The story has not yet proven the campaign colluded with Russia.

Not saying they did, but it's walking a fine line there. The alarm bells are that if it does turn up evidence, if, then remember espionage is a crime punishable by death. I think it's the only crime which is punishable by death wherein a murder did not take place, but I may be wrong.  Think about that. Not saying anyone in the admin will be facing the death penalty, but it is a very serious crime that intelligence will take very seriously. It could become a very big deal. Also Trump didn't have the most knowledgeable & experienced campaign and aides. They seemed pretty careless &  might have thought certain things were harmless or "just talking".

And while we're counting, Kelly Anne Conway hit her 1 a week stupid quota by saying "The President has the full support of Michael Flynn" 4 hours before he resigned, then when questioned the next day, she responded "Well they both were true".  haha, she sat out the entire weekend and managed to be stupid on Monday. Great job!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

As for Patreaus, fine good. Let him retire. But there's no need to bring him back into office after he "shared classified info with someone".  Let's just let him live in civvy life, shall we?

Board footer