You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm sure this will just be scoffed at and explained away, but this story about Trump-WikiLeaks-Russia connections is troubling on many levels but also exposes WikiLeaks as untrustworthy, Russia as the hackers and Trump as a gullible mouthpiece for whatever source will say something about about Clinton.

(Don't comment if you're not going to read story)

Dear Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, I Am Not Sidney Blumenthal

I am Sidney Blumenthal. At least, that is what Vladimir Putin—and, somehow, Donald Trump—seem to believe. And that should raise concerns not only about Moscow’s attempts to manipulate this election, but also how Trump came to push Russian disinformation to American voters.

An email from Blumenthal—a confidant of Hillary Clinton and a man, second only to George Soros at the center of conservative conspiracy theories—turned up in the recent document dump by Wikileaks. At a time when American intelligence believes Russian hackers are trying to interfere with the presidential election, records have been fed recently to Wikileaks out of multiple organizations of the Democratic Party, raising concerns that the self-proclaimed whistleblowers group has become a tool of Putin’s government. But now that I have been brought into the whole mess—and transformed into Blumenthal—there is even more proof that this act of cyberwar is not only being orchestrated by the Russians, but that they are really, really dumb.

http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin- … nik-508635

Agree with Cramer also. I couldn't care less about some access Hollywood tape of Trump talking like a dumb guy with a vapid sycophant. I really don't. He was disqualified from being a president a long time ago. This is looking like treason, IMO.

"there is even more proof that this act of cyberwar is not only being orchestrated by the Russians, but that they are really, really dumb."

That part made me laugh. 16

misterID

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

He is setting up excuses for his loss: Not enough support, party turned on him, they are losers and afraid to fight etc.

He will smash the GOP (which is already fractured) into many pieces on his way out too.

Remember when we were talking months ago about Trumpo not really wanting to be president? There are reports he has an entire business plan to run off his loss to make him money. Basically, speaking engagements, speaking fees, merchandise, and I won't be surprised if he starts his own political party that is the first that requires an NRA type membership fees. It's being reported his inner circle have been laughing at the bad press since the last debate and all the republicans who are going to lose their seats. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. To the point, I really am wondering if he's trying to destroy the republican party.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Whether he is purposely destroying the GOP, I don't know. But I think it's safe to say he doesn't care who, or what, he steamrolls as long as it can benefit him in the long run.

I have also read that he's all about the backend on this. No interest as POTUS, but ultimately a media empire of sorts. I am not sure if I believe that or not, although it certainly could be possible and may be profitable for a while. He may want to ask Glenn Beck how that worked out for him though...

Also I think if he did this for his brand, not anticipating getting this far ever, he probably did more harm than good.

I can't wait to read the book about all this when it's over. If this is the chaos we see, I can only imagine how dysfunctional and insane it is behind the scenes.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

He is setting up excuses for his loss: Not enough support, party turned on him, they are losers and afraid to fight etc.

He will smash the GOP (which is already fractured) into many pieces on his way out too.

Remember when we were talking months ago about Trumpo not really wanting to be president? There are reports he has an entire business plan to run off his loss to make him money. Basically, speaking engagements, speaking fees, merchandise, and I won't be surprised if he starts his own political party that ius the first that requires an NRA type membership fees. It's being reported his inner circle have been laughing at the bad press since the last debate and all the republicans who are going to lose their seats. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. To the point, I really am wondering if he's trying to destroy the republican party.

He would not be the first to do any of this...he probably would be the most successful. Lots of republican presidential candidates do this...check out Newt Gingrich, Mike Hukabee and Palin.  They have no chance of winning the presidency but they ran to increase their public notoriety. They used the primary process as  A Publicity measure.

johndivney wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I can't wait to read the book about all this when it's over. If this is the chaos we see, I can only imagine how dysfunctional and insane it is behind the scenes.

Book?
Think you're wildly underestimating the industry this campaign will spawn.

I don't think you'll ever get to the truth of the matter. It'll have been obfuscated by the volume of opinion and half-truths. Plus, the primary source is such an unreliable narrator, he probably doesn't even know or remember his initial motivation.

Say the speculations are true, or even just one- that he wasn't anticipating it getting this far, then the morons that he roped into his craziness are as responsible for the harm done. The phrase, you get what you deserve springs to mind for those people.. & also the phrase, we get the politicians we deserve. This summer has really proven that to be true to my eyes. Not just in Hicksville USA but in Little England too. It's been some year.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Whether he is purposely destroying the GOP, I don't know. But I think it's safe to say he doesn't care who, or what, he steamrolls as long as it can benefit him in the long run.

I have also read that he's all about the backend on this. No interest as POTUS, but ultimately a media empire of sorts. I am not sure if I believe that or not, although it certainly could be possible and may be profitable for a while. He may want to ask Glenn Beck how that worked out for him though...

Also I think if he did this for his brand, not anticipating getting this far ever, he probably did more harm than good.

This I believe.  He sees this as a moneymaking opportunity.  He just canceled about 1.6 million dollars in ad buys that were ticketed for swing states.    What major candidate does this shit a few weeks away from the election? And the rumor mill says that his campaign might be out of cash.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Doesn't want to be President? When's that gonna happen? There's a thousand times he could have tanked his campaign and got thrown off the ticket, by just not crawling out of messes.

The fear in the room is palpable.

Face it folks, Donald Trump does want to be President, and he's getting awfully close to getting it. Quite possibly already there once you realize Hillary won't get close to matching Obama's turnout.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree the "Trump doesn't want to be President" talk is a bit conspiracy. His ego wants to be President, and he's been living his life to get there. But surely you don't think this will continue much of a race?  The latest poll has her up 9% after the video but before the debate. Sure he bounced back a bit, but she's still up 5-6%. There's no more knockout blows. Trump went dirty and got scathed. The Paula Jones/victims thing bombed. He's gonna go out a bit gracefully & tone it down while packing it in. His kids have gotta be pleading with him to do so.

Hillary's President. Wow, that felt weird writing that.

"Put out the fire, call of the dogs, the hunts over!" - James Carville.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Bernie had bigger crowds and it equated to jack shit. He was millions behind Hillary in votes.

johndivney wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Book?
Think you're wildly underestimating the industry this campaign will spawn.

I don't think you'll ever get to the truth of the matter. It'll have been obfuscated by the volume of opinion and half-truths. Plus, the primary source is such an unreliable narrator, he probably doesn't even know or remember his initial motivation.

Say the speculations are true, or even just one- that he wasn't anticipating it getting this far, then the morons that he roped into his craziness are as responsible for the harm done. The phrase, you get what you deserve springs to mind for those people.. & also the phrase, we get the politicians we deserve. This summer has really proven that to be true to my eyes. Not just in Hicksville USA but in Little England too. It's been some year.

Trump is the most insincere candidate ever, but his followers are 100% genuine in their blind support of him, so the followers are worse.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

How many times have we heard that already?

I don't put much credence in polls conducted by Hillary's super PAC. Obviously designed to distract from the defeat on Sunday. Voters aren't that fickle. Check it out and you'll see the usual double digit oversampling of democrats.

Trump will battle on with enthusiasm and a solidified base. Prospective Hillary voters thinking it's a lock will only help him.

Board footer