You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

What does any of that have to do with Trump working with Russia?  I'm seriously asking what you gain from that article that makes you think "this is more evidence Trump worked with Putin".

If you're not saying that and just posted an article about a former Trump official being relieved after it was discovered he probably took money illegally from an organization he had questionable ties to long before working with Trump, I apologize.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, lol

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, lol

I'm waiting for our fact checkers to weasle out, saying 'Trump is a liar because OBAMA didn't order him tapped.'

Then completely miss that Manafort isn't Trump and they have nothing to suggest Trump told Manafort to launder money.

Barking dogs. Nothing more.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm waiting for our fact checkers to weasle out, saying 'Trump is a liar because OBAMA didn't order him tapped.'

Well duhhhh!!  That was the entire point of the media circus over that tweet. It was idiotic & put Trump into a terrible no-win situation. Either he's correct & the FBI was performing surveillance on him, or he was flat out wrong and created a libelous tweet. Seems during "a" investigation, his team came into it. But "OBAMA DIDN'T ORDER IT".  Secondly, this things like an onion that keeps on peeling.

I fail to see how this is a win for Republicans??

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's supposed to prove what? That Trump and Trump's people were speaking to people who were being surveiled? Yeah, we all assumed that, because he's a liar with potential ties to Russia which is being investigated, so it's not surprising they were communicating with people the Intel communities felt the need to spy on.  To quote Lindsay Graham in that article, this is a lot different than claiming Obama wiretapped him. Stop communicating with people who need to be watched by Intel communities. They made that choice.

And in the same article, republicans want to ratchet up the investigation on Flynn.

Have fun defending your lying, petty, pervy, piece of shit, liar president.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What does any of that have to do with Trump working with Russia?  I'm seriously asking what you gain from that article that makes you think "this is more evidence Trump worked with Putin".

If you're not saying that and just posted an article about a former Trump official being relieved after it was discovered he probably took money illegally from an organization he had questionable ties to long before working with Trump, I apologize.

Just another cog in a long line of coincidence of Trump associates with deep ties to Russia...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I guess if you are talking with the enemy, you'll end up in U.S. surveillance. I mean, that's what it's for, right? To see who our enemies are talking to?

misterID

misterID wrote:

BTW, Trump's minions, foils & trolls are getting lambasted for pushing that Nunes story, RG.

Bill Kristol @BillKristol

Q: If this was done legally (as Nunes suggests), and may be part of ongoing inquiry, why is Nunes telling us this?
Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration
politico.com

It's a glaring question, along with the term “incidental collection.”

Also another little fact that if Nunes is conducting the investigation.... He's like, not supposed to be briefing the people being investigated.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:

I guess if you are talking with the enemy, you'll end up in U.S. surveillance. I mean, that's what it's for, right? To see who our enemies are talking to?

This is a great point.  Whether or not Manafort did anything illegal (I assume he did, but admittedly don't know enough about money laundering laws to say definitively) is why "Trump is under investigation."  Comey said the team has been under investigation since July, a month before Trump fired Manafort.  I don't think it unreasonable to assume the FBI was a few steps ahead of Manafort in realizing he was fucked.  So if Manafort, whom worked for/with Russian interests years before being brought on to "manage" Trump's campaign, did something shady, the FBI would be derelict in its duties to not verify that no one else connected to Trump was doing anything illegal. 

We know Manafort was a sleaze, so this isn't anything new.  But to claim that his behavior that occurred well before working for Trump somehow shows Trump collaborated with Putin, is a huge jump of which there is no evidence to support.  It certainly shows Trump had a very poor vetting of some of his confidants (Flynn is another great example), and criticizing Trump for whom he associates with is fair game.  Just as it was fair game to criticize Obama for whom he associated with, just as it was fair to criticize Clinton from whom she associated with.

Board footer