You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

He's also expected to repeal internet privacy rules put in place by Obama as well. You guys should be so proud!

That was my neighbor who played those Justin Bieber songs on youtube. He tapped into my wifi.  He also visited youjizz.com too.  16

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Your disdain for Trump is valid. Your belief in a Putin coordinated conspiracy is just looney tunes.

There you go again, always trying to change the subject....Flagg is more interested in talking about posters and insulting them because he's weak on facts.

Conspiracy? His administration is currently under investigation. No conclusion has been made yet, but all things point to some sort of collusion with Russia. It's only getting worse and worse.

So either Obama spied on Trump, or Obama didn't do anything about it when Comey wanted to inform us about Trump. Which one is it?

Quit being disingenuous.  No one is claiming Obama spied on Trump. Trump's team may have been picked up in routine surveillance of foreign officials.  Nothing illegal or improper about that. Maybe the NSA passed around the audio as a goof, but even if they did, I couldn't care less.

Comey didn't want to inform us on Trump. Read. Comey wanted to inform us that Russia was actively working to impact our election by smearing Clinton. You repeatedly refuse to acknowledge this distinction. Pointing out you railed for years about Bush being behind 9/11 isn't an attack. It's showing how you go unhinged the moment a republican is elected and latch on to the first conspiracy thrown out there.

If there's any evidence of Trump or his team working with Russia, I want to know. And I want those people arrested, put on trial and convicted of Treason. But there's not any evidence for that. The best your team could do is come up with a claim of pissing on a bed that Obama himself dismissed as outrageous.

There's a difference between being a skeptic and someone who will believe anything about someone they dislike. You clearly fall into the latter, and all your diversions and interpretations of others opinions doesn't change that.

Randall Flagg

I called my congressman to ask him to vote against repealing internet privacy. Did you?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Russia not only worked to help President Donald Trump win the presidential election over Hillary Clinton last November, it also aided his victory in the Republican primary, the Senate Intelligence Committee investigating the allegations of Kremlin meddling was told Thursday.

Clinton Watts, a senior fellow at the Center for Cyber and Homeland Security at The George Washington University, told the investigation that Russia worked to undermine the campaigns of both Republican and Democratic candidates who held less favorable views toward Russia, including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

“Russia’s overt media outlets and covert trolls sought to sideline opponents on both sides of the political spectrum with adversarial views toward the Kremlin,” Watts said. “They were in full swing during both the Republican and Democratic primary seasons and may have helped sink the hopes of candidates more hostile to Russian interests, long before the field narrowed.

Rubio was at one time seen as the front-runner for the Republican nomination but his campaign struggled under a flurry of attacks from Trump. He suspended his campaign in March.

Upon hearing that he may also have been the target of attacks from Russia, Rubio looked taken aback.

Continued controversy has surrounded a House Intelligence Committee’s investigation into Russia’s attempt to influence the election, thanks to the statements and actions of its Republican Chairman Devin Nunes. As a result, much attention has focused on the inquiry in the Senate, something which was acknowledged in a joint press conference Wednesday between the leading Republican and Democrat in the Committee.

“This investigation’s scope will go wherever the intelligence leads,” said Republican Chairman Richard M. Burr, a supporter of Trump during the campaign, during Wednesday’s news conference. “We know that our challenge is to answer that question for the American people.”

-Newsweek

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Quit being disingenuous.  No one is claiming Obama spied on Trump.

They're not? That's funny.

Randall Flagg wrote:

Comey wanted to inform us that Russia was actively working to impact our election by smearing Clinton.

Yes, but you're leaving out the other half of that equation. You're cherry picking that,and ignoring the rest of the article. You must accept the information in its entirety, not just what you like.

Randall Flagg wrote:

There's a difference between being a skeptic and someone who will believe anything about someone they dislike. You clearly fall into the latter, and all your diversions and interpretations of others opinions doesn't change that.

Again. Make a point without personally talking about me, Mitch, Snow, ID...whoever. You're incapable of doing that. You constantly misquote articles, posters you disagree with and even yourself when needed.

Randall Flagg

Where did the article say Trump worked or coordinated with Russia?  That's what you believe and continually argue. So tell me what I'm cherry picking and what I'm ignoring from that article that gives any suggestion Trump's campaign was coordinating with Russia?

I asked you this last time an article came up, and you ignored it.  Show me where I'm wrong.

"The op-ed would not have mentioned whether the FBI was investigating Donald Trump’s campaign workers or others close to him for links to the Russians’ interference in the election, a second source with knowledge of the request tells Newsweek."

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

It's official...

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity

Former national security adviser tells FBI, the House and Senate intelligence committees he’s willing to be interviewed in exchange for deal, officials say

WASHINGTON—Mike Flynn, President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, has told the Federal Bureau of Investigation and congressional officials investigating the Trump campaign’s potential ties to Russia that he is willing to be interviewed in exchange for a grant of immunity from prosecution, according to officials with knowledge of the matter.

As an adviser to Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, and later one of Mr. Trump’s top aides in the White House, Mr. Flynn was privy to some of the most sensitive foreign-policy deliberations of the new administration and was directly involved in discussions about the possible lifting of sanctions on Russia imposed by the Obama administration.

He has made the offer to the FBI and the House and Senate intelligence committees through his lawyer but has so far found no takers, the officials said.

Mr. Flynn’s attorney, Robert Kelner, declined to comment.

It wasn’t clear if Mr. Flynn had offered to talk about specific aspects of his time working for Mr. Trump, but the fact that he was seeking immunity suggested Mr. Flynn feels he may be in legal jeopardy following his brief stint as the national security adviser, one official said.

Mr. Flynn was forced to resign after acknowledging that he misled White House officials about the nature of his phone conversations with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. during the presidential transition.

Mr. Flynn’s communications with the Russian ambassador, Sergei Kislyak, have been scrutinized by the FBI, which is examining whether Trump campaign personnel colluded with Russian officials who are alleged to have interfered with the presidential election, according to current and former U.S. officials. Russia has denied the allegations.

Mr. Flynn also was paid tens of thousands of dollars by three Russian companies, including the state-sponsored media network RT, for speeches he made shortly before he became a formal adviser to Mr. Trump’s campaign, according to documents obtained by a congressional oversight committee.

Democratic lawmakers have requested a copy of the security-clearance form that Mr. Flynn was required to file before joining Mr. Trump in the White House, to see if he disclosed sources of foreign income.

And they have asked the Defense Department to investigate whether Mr. Flynn, a retired Army general, violated the Constitution’s emoluments clause by accepting money from RT, which U.S. intelligence officials say is part of a state-funded media apparatus.

—Aruna Viswanatha contributed to this article.

Randall Flagg

Excellent. Maybe we can finally put this to bed.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'll call my Congressman now just so you're happy!

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'll call my Congressman now just so you're happy!

Can you answer the question I asked, or are you going to ignore it, call me a liar for a couple weeks, then start at the beginning.

Board footer