You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I think it's too soon. Seems like an inexperienced/tough guy action. Go ahead, some people didn't want the diplomatic approach. Let's see how this all plays out.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And we've now attacked the Assad regime. I think this is a mistake, as our primary emphasis should be ISIS, not the guy trying to wipe them out. I'll be interested to see how many people who feel this is appropriate and if they're willing to head to the recruiting office to risk their life for Syrian lives.

One things for sure, Jared Kushners getting the eff outta the Middle East!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was a limited strike.... This was a message.  More than 50 fired at one air base.  I think he is using a heavy hand to promote peace.  He doesn't want a regime change or nation build, but he doesn't want to be tested or see innocent people die.  Emotional, maybe.  Effective? I hope.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I hope it's only an air strike.   I don't know what it accomplished if our new goal is to oust Assad. We're not going to occupy the country, so how do you prevent radicals from gaining control?

Kill ISIS, then use diplomacy and sanctions to force a replacement.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Was a limited strike.... This was a message.  More than 50 fired at one air base.  I think he is using a heavy hand to promote peace.  He doesn't want a regime change or nation build, but he doesn't want to be tested or see innocent people die.  Emotional, maybe.  Effective? I hope.

What if someone retaliates?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Alright, everything aside, this is big.  Hopefully, in alot of ways, it is only a warning shot. However, let's keep in mind, when a small, poor country gets a missile attack by the big bad Americans, how does that look to them?

Again, hopefully, it's a one night only show.  A fireworks display. We shall see.  Already hearing talk Congress is a bit upset it wasn't run by them first, so if this backfires man will this blow up.

In all sincerity, I hope this goes well.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Alright, everything aside, this is big.  Hopefully, in alot of ways, it is only a warning shot. However, let's keep in mind, when a small, poor country gets a missile attack by the big bad Americans, how does that look to them?

Again, hopefully, it's a one night only show.  A fireworks display. We shall see.  Already hearing talk Congress is a bit upset it wasn't run by them first, so if this backfires man will this blow up.

In all sincerity, I hope this goes well.

I think this is what it is. Anything more will go to congress. Russia will fold. Assad we hope backs off some. China will let North Korea know to "back off".

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

What if he caved tho?   What if things like this are the things you gotta say 'No' to?   And here we are, 100 days in, he caved?.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What if Assad retaliates, or tells us to fuck off?  What if Russia refuses to move and places Russian troops in Damascus around the palace?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

What if it was rebels and not Assad that did the chemical bomb.

Board footer