You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

The vast majority of gun owners believe in regulations. As a gun owner, I know many people who should not own a gun. You need a license and training. Rapists, pedophiles, terrorists and felony convicted ex cons should not own a gun.

On an intellectual level, yeah maybe.  But don't you feel the NRA has become such a stronghold on the issue the whole "Don't tread on me" and "From my cold dead hands" type of mindset kicks into overdrive whenever there's talk of it?  It seems they promote the thought that the slightest limitation of ANY gun, becomes a slippery slope into taking away all guns.

Supposedly gun sales and NRA donations rise during these times as well. The white nationalists & seperatists in northern Idaho & Montana etc will be having a field day on their Facebook pages over this one.

Yeah, but it really is a minority opinion, even inside the NRA. The NRA is a business who uses hyperbole and nonsense to increase membership and generate more money for the Wayne. And will say it doesn't help with the repeal the second amendment talk gets seized on.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Washington Post reported today that Trump is under investigation for obstruction by Mueller.

It may have been going on within a week or so after Comey was fired.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mueller does seem a little contaminated to me... I am sure he is a great guy, but, can he really be objective when he was Comey supporter and was basically hand picked by Comey in a way, etc... He seems to be surrounded by people against trump.. I know you can't find someone totally objective, and he may be.... This was all an inside job by Comey.. I don't know.. Something seems off.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Mueller does seem a little contaminated to me... I am sure he is a great guy, but, can he really be objective when he was Comey supporter and was basically hand picked by Comey in a way, etc... He seems to be surrounded by people against trump.. I know you can't find someone totally objective, and he may be.... This was all an inside job by Comey.. I don't know.. Something seems off.

I don't want to hear it. What goes around........

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You partially agree. Haha

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No, I don't. Comey was a republican investigating Hillary and was praised by Trump and Sessions for that bullshit letter he wrote and you gladly posted about. You can't have it both ways. The Administration praised Mueller to the point of wanting him to head the FBI. Not until Trump realized that Mueller was actually going to go forward with his investigation did he suddenly become the bad guy on FOXnews and talk radio and right wing blogs.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, I don't. Comey was a republican investigating Hillary and was praised by Trump and Sessions for that bullshit letter he wrote and you gladly posted about. You can't have it both ways. The Administration praised Mueller to the point of wanting him to head the FBI. Not until Trump realized that Mueller was actually going to go forward with his investigation did he suddenly become the bad guy on FOXnews and talk radio and right wing blogs.

I didn't say Mueller was bad, but that he may not be totally objective and feel his friend Jim Comey was wronged etc.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I didn't say Mueller was bad, but that he may not be totally objective and feel his friend Jim Comey was wronged etc.

Maybe they should have just let him finish his investigation then and not bad mouthed the entire FBI and Comey and not lied about why he was fired?

If he's not going to be fair and conduct the investigation properly that means he's bad. And his investigation will likely fall apart. The whole reason there's an obstruction investigation is squarely on Trump.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I was in Moscow last week-end, enjoying a brief vacation (beautiful city by the way, I'd recommend a visit if you ever have the chance). I found the following display in one of the many, many souvenir shops on Arbat Street (apologies for the quality of the pic, my phone's lens is badly scratched):
2017_06_12_16_33_51.jpg

smile

I just thought it was funny, not saying this means anything of course...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I was in Moscow last week-end, enjoying a brief vacation (beautiful city by the way, I'd recommend a visit if you ever have the chance). I found the following display in one of the many, many souvenir shops on Arbat Street (apologies for the quality of the pic, my phone's lens is badly scratched):
https://preview.ibb.co/feVaA5/2017_06_12_16_33_51.jpg

smile

I just thought it was funny, not saying this means anything of course...

It's hard to tell what that stuff is...

It looks like one of those giant tins of carmal corn I used to get as a kid.

Board footer