You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index … abama.html

Picked up a wanna be ISIS terrorist in Alabama.

Christ, one of my best friends is a cop in Huntsville.

I live in Bham, Huntsville is a nice town and has grown a lot over the past few years. Glad they got this clown!

Now that I think of it, he actually lives in Madison, just worked at the MDA in Hunstsville.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're ignorance keeps shining through.  He's not my anything since I didn't vote for him.  He's as useless as Obama was and all politicians in the past 20ish years. 

I don't give the "victim" a free pass when they are a willing "victim" as they are in these cases like you do.  I expect them to have some accountability for their own lives.

I thought we all knew the criteria for the unemployment numbers were changed by Obama's administration.  That actually happened.  I didn't know we were denying undeniable facts.  And since you clearly don't understand English, nowhere did I say that people I talk to are interpreting unemployment data.  They don't give a shit what the numbers say; they only care about what is actually happening in their lives.  Learn something for once.  You're awfully compassionate for the people that take out bad loans, yet you appear to have no sympathy for those not riding high on the hog from King Obama's fantastic economy.

Reading comprehension not your strong point.  Can't have a conversation with you because you clearly don't understand or want to understand a word I'm saying.  Go back to your little ego stroking with your two buddies.  I gave you another shot and not at all surprisingly you failed miserably.  See ya!

Nope, we were having a debate and you went mental again with the name calling and absurdities. I remember clearly you were in here defending and praising Trump as a "deal maker" and that he was going to do all these great things and we were idiots for making fun of him. He's yours, you own him, and you're going to wear it on your forehead like a Scarlett letter.

This just in, there are people who will suffer under the strongest economy, that's capitalism. There are winners and losers. Try blaming them for not choosing a better career. Why not? It works for you with other people.

I've blamed and given Obama shit when he deserved it. You guys can't accept anything good that happened under him, but will bend over backwards defending a fucktard, bloated orangutan.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/holiday-week … 49379.html

Saw this headline.  100 people shot in Chicago this weekend.  Almost entirely in the South and West sides.  Hmm, who lives in those areas, Mitch?  Probably those evil white males you're always ranting about.  Couldn't possibly be anyone else.

Send in the fucking tanks. Those dip shits are on the same Fucking level of ISIS. I was down in Cabo San Lucas this weekend and drove round trip to La Paz (2 hours each way) and felt safer there than I would in most urban areas of the US. God I love the Mexican people. Good folks.  And Americans are good folks too, but damn we have a lot of bad apples. Apparently a shit load in Chicago.

You realize Mexico is one of the most dangerous places in the world, right? Places that would make Chicago look like Disneyland. Yeah, they work hard to protect their tourists so not to hurt the tourism industry... So do we.

There are consequences to leaving a place to rot.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're ignorance keeps shining through.  He's not my anything since I didn't vote for him.  He's as useless as Obama was and all politicians in the past 20ish years. 

I don't give the "victim" a free pass when they are a willing "victim" as they are in these cases like you do.  I expect them to have some accountability for their own lives.

I thought we all knew the criteria for the unemployment numbers were changed by Obama's administration.  That actually happened.  I didn't know we were denying undeniable facts.  And since you clearly don't understand English, nowhere did I say that people I talk to are interpreting unemployment data.  They don't give a shit what the numbers say; they only care about what is actually happening in their lives.  Learn something for once.  You're awfully compassionate for the people that take out bad loans, yet you appear to have no sympathy for those not riding high on the hog from King Obama's fantastic economy.

Reading comprehension not your strong point.  Can't have a conversation with you because you clearly don't understand or want to understand a word I'm saying.  Go back to your little ego stroking with your two buddies.  I gave you another shot and not at all surprisingly you failed miserably.  See ya!

Nope, we were having a debate and you went mental again with the name calling and absurdities. I remember clearly you were in here defending and praising Trump as a "deal maker" and that he was going to do all these great things and we were idiots for making fun of him. He's yours, you own him, and you're going to wear it on your forehead like a Scarlett letter.

This just in, there are people who will suffer under the strongest economy, that's capitalism. There are winners and losers. Try blaming them for not choosing a better career. Why not? It works for you with other people.

I've blamed and given Obama shit when he deserved it. You guys can't accept anything good that happened under him, but will bend over backwards defending a fucktard, bloated orangutan.

Obama's bailout of the auto industry was the right move.  I opposed it at the time, but I was wrong.  Other than that, what did the guy do of any significance?  He didn't put forth any real jobs program.  His green energy horse shit was just that.  Solyndra was a failure.  I have nothing against green energy, but it can't compete with fossil fuels, at least not on any large scale or away from areas with large bodies of moving water.  Obamacare is a failure.  Even Hillary was calling it such this week.  The entire crux of the policy was the individual mandate, and not only was it not enforced for years, but the penalty is not even comparable to the cost of insurance.  But rather than accept your party created a bad bill that every expert knew wasn't realistic, it's Rubio's fault somehow.  Somehow Marco was able to change the bill Democrats sleazily passed through congress without a single Republican vote.  Not the Democrats, but the Republicans are to blame.  Why do you think the Democrats have lost every bastion of power over 6 years?  The public is tired of a party that treats everyone like a victim and lacks any real solution that solves the root cause.  Everything the DNC offers is a bandaid fix.  Gun violence an issue in Chicago?  Don't blame the people shooting each other - it's the fucking guns' fault.  Or it's the NRA or gun industry.  Anyone but the thugs gunning each other down in their own neighborhoods. 

What did HE do as a President that makes him so awesome?  What policies did he work to build?  His DREAMER bullshit put the needs of non-citizens ahead of our own.  Why is it ok to make a ridiculous claim that Obamacare saved lives, but fall silent when an illegal rapes, murders or harms someone?  Doesn't he own that?  His foreign policy was fucked.  Not one single accomplishment.  Every aspect of his policy was an abject failure.  And he sat with his thumb up his ass as Russia took over parts of Georgia and Ukraine and remained silent when they hacked the DNC and voter registration systems.  He had no problem mocking both Romney and McCain on their criticism towards Russia.  Yea, he was in office when Bin Laden got smoked.  But did Obama do anything to make that happen?  Did any of his policies or defense strategy result in that kill?  If Vulcans land on earth tomorrow or NDT invents warp drive next week, does that mean Trump gets credit for that?  It's cheerleader nonsense.

Buzz is right.  You guys had your black Jesus and it didn't matter if he fucked up our international standing.  It didn't matter that many economist said he delayed the recession's recovery.  People were happy to have a photo with a black man (who never knew his black father and was raised by his white grandparents, but he's totally 100% black guys) who had done nothing in life other than graduate from Harvard Law School.  No experience or accomplishments needed.  You were fine with a talking head who made fun of those you consider your inferiors (Cling to your god and guns) and said whatever nonsense the progressive base thinks is doable.  Now that we have another loud mouth in the office who doesn't smile while he politely calls you a fucking idiot, it's somehow the end of the world.  I never understood why it was okay for Hillary to call someone "deplorable" but "bitch" was a bridge too far.  Look up the definitions of each word and tell me which one is harsher? 

Trump's in office.  So the discussion should focus on what he's doing and not what his opponents or predecessors didn't do or should've done.  But you're not even doing that.  You're focused on conspiracy theories and fixated on his fucking twitter account.  We could very likely be at war in 90 days with North Korea, but your media is worried because some millionaire who spends every day calling Trump a psychopath was called a mean name by the President over Twitter.  Talk about being in a fucking bubble.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Saw this headline.  100 people shot in Chicago this weekend.  Almost entirely in the South and West sides.  Hmm, who lives in those areas, Mitch?  Probably those evil white males you're always ranting about.  Couldn't possibly be anyone else.

Send in the fucking tanks. Those dip shits are on the same Fucking level of ISIS. I was down in Cabo San Lucas this weekend and drove round trip to La Paz (2 hours each way) and felt safer there than I would in most urban areas of the US. God I love the Mexican people. Good folks.  And Americans are good folks too, but damn we have a lot of bad apples. Apparently a shit load in Chicago.

You realize Mexico is one of the most dangerous places in the world, right? Places that would make Chicago look like Disneyland. Yeah, they work hard to protect their tourists so not to hurt the tourism industry... So do we.

What the fuck does Mexico have to do with the US or Chicago?  I mean, I agree with you, and that's why we shouldn't have an open border with a country that has a higher body count than Syria.  Why we shouldn't reward illegals by granting their children citizenship, or even give it a second thought when some sob story is told about how illegals are scared to apply for welfare benefits because they may be sent home.  No one asked them to come here and have children.  They weren't invited.  They're obviously not contributing if they need Americans to give them money so their children can eat.  In what logical view is this my or your problem?  Contrary to progressive talking points, the 14th amendment doesn't bestow citizenship to anyone born on US Soil.  It wasn't until Kennedy's Immigration Bill in 1965 that Congress gave citizenship status to all people born on US soil.  Congress can take that away and that's my biggest hope under Trump's first 4 years.  Good luck getting SCOTUS to affirm that someone who illegally enters our country and has a child is somehow now a citizen.  I'm sure they'll rule that if your parents rob a bank and hand you the money, you can keep it too.

Chicagoans are Americans though.  And while I couldn't care less if two gang bangers clip each other, I do care that the 2 or 3 black Americans who are questionably shot by police each year are a bigger story than the 5-6000 who are killed by gang violence each year by other blacks.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

lol, I googled it.  I thought "Bham, that's an odd name for a town in Alabama?!".  Didn't put it together.

Sorry, BIRMINGHAM, Alabama. Hahaha

I heard they love the Governor there.

Hidden Text:

sarcasm, Skynryd reference

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't disagree that they protect their tourist areas, but would argue their tourist areas are even safer than ours... but could be wrong. Like if your tourist area is Miami or New York, clearly Cabo or Cancun is much safer than those 2 places. Anyway, I had never been to Mexico before. I LOVED IT!  Will go back for sure. I liked the show of force of the Mexican police driving around with a 50 Cal Machine Gun in the bed of the truck lol. So many gorgeous women!  I left the resort area for my 2 hour drive and got to see real Mexico.  It was awesome. Very friendly place. I was worried of the Cartel but the 2 Mexican girls I was hanging with assured me I had nothing to worry about. Haha at one beach I was the only American.. everyone else was Mexican. It was great.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Haha, Chicago is safe. I've never felt in danger. I work downtown, but I've been on the south and west sides. One of our research projects is in a school in a very bad neighborhood on the south side. We have 2 on the west side, as well. We have 3 million people in this city. A few hundred or maybe a thousand or so are feuding.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Obama's bailout of the auto industry was the right move.  I opposed it at the time, but I was wrong.  Other than that, what did the guy do of any significance?  He didn't put forth any real jobs program.  His green energy horse shit was just that.  Solyndra was a failure.  I have nothing against green energy, but it can't compete with fossil fuels, at least not on any large scale or away from areas with large bodies of moving water.  Obamacare is a failure.  Even Hillary was calling it such this week.  The entire crux of the policy was the individual mandate, and not only was it not enforced for years, but the penalty is not even comparable to the cost of insurance.  But rather than accept your party created a bad bill that every expert knew wasn't realistic, it's Rubio's fault somehow.  Somehow Marco was able to change the bill Democrats sleazily passed through congress without a single Republican vote.  Not the Democrats, but the Republicans are to blame.  Why do you think the Democrats have lost every bastion of power over 6 years?  The public is tired of a party that treats everyone like a victim and lacks any real solution that solves the root cause.  Everything the DNC offers is a bandaid fix.  Gun violence an issue in Chicago?  Don't blame the people shooting each other - it's the fucking guns' fault.  Or it's the NRA or gun industry.  Anyone but the thugs gunning each other down in their own neighborhoods. 

What did HE do as a President that makes him so awesome?  What policies did he work to build?  His DREAMER bullshit put the needs of non-citizens ahead of our own.  Why is it ok to make a ridiculous claim that Obamacare saved lives, but fall silent when an illegal rapes, murders or harms someone?  Doesn't he own that?  His foreign policy was fucked.  Not one single accomplishment.  Every aspect of his policy was an abject failure.  And he sat with his thumb up his ass as Russia took over parts of Georgia and Ukraine and remained silent when they hacked the DNC and voter registration systems.  He had no problem mocking both Romney and McCain on their criticism towards Russia.  Yea, he was in office when Bin Laden got smoked.  But did Obama do anything to make that happen?  Did any of his policies or defense strategy result in that kill?  If Vulcans land on earth tomorrow or NDT invents warp drive next week, does that mean Trump gets credit for that?  It's cheerleader nonsense.

Buzz is right.  You guys had your black Jesus and it didn't matter if he fucked up our international standing.  It didn't matter that many economist said he delayed the recession's recovery.  People were happy to have a photo with a black man (who never knew his black father and was raised by his white grandparents, but he's totally 100% black guys) who had done nothing in life other than graduate from Harvard Law School.  No experience or accomplishments needed.  You were fine with a talking head who made fun of those you consider your inferiors (Cling to your god and guns) and said whatever nonsense the progressive base thinks is doable.  Now that we have another loud mouth in the office who doesn't smile while he politely calls you a fucking idiot, it's somehow the end of the world.  I never understood why it was okay for Hillary to call someone "deplorable" but "bitch" was a bridge too far.  Look up the definitions of each word and tell me which one is harsher? 

Trump's in office.  So the discussion should focus on what he's doing and not what his opponents or predecessors didn't do or should've done.  But you're not even doing that.  You're focused on conspiracy theories and fixated on his fucking twitter account.  We could very likely be at war in 90 days with North Korea, but your media is worried because some millionaire who spends every day calling Trump a psychopath was called a mean name by the President over Twitter.  Talk about being in a fucking bubble.

This... So much wrong. So much.

I've taken Trump to task with no conspiracy theories, thanks, but nice try. From his ineptitude in office, his behavior, especially in the Russia investigation, his ridiculous healthcare plan, his lying about the economy, his lying period, etc. No conspiracy.

I've listed Obamas accomplishments many times before when you asked, and ignored, which is disingenuous of you to keep asking that, so you're either doing it on purpose or just ignoring what I say, so it's a big waste of my time.

YOU guys keep bringing up Obama whenever we criticize Trump, so take your own advice......

Please, go back and read our Obamacare debates. Again, I'm not going to keep repeating myself, and I think you're doing it on purpose to deflect. Until you admit the republicans hand in Obamacare plan, like stripping the provisions to keep premiums down, blocking subsidies, etc., there's no point in discussing because you refuse to be honest about it.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What the fuck does Mexico have to do with the US or Chicago?  I mean, I agree with you, and that's why we shouldn't have an open border with a country that has a higher body count than Syria.  Why we shouldn't reward illegals by granting their children citizenship, or even give it a second thought when some sob story is told about how illegals are scared to apply for welfare benefits because they may be sent home.  No one asked them to come here and have children.  They weren't invited.  They're obviously not contributing if they need Americans to give them money so their children can eat.  In what logical view is this my or your problem?  Contrary to progressive talking points, the 14th amendment doesn't bestow citizenship to anyone born on US Soil.  It wasn't until Kennedy's Immigration Bill in 1965 that Congress gave citizenship status to all people born on US soil.  Congress can take that away and that's my biggest hope under Trump's first 4 years.  Good luck getting SCOTUS to affirm that someone who illegally enters our country and has a child is somehow now a citizen.  I'm sure they'll rule that if your parents rob a bank and hand you the money, you can keep it too.

Chicagoans are Americans though.  And while I couldn't care less if two gang bangers clip each other, I do care that the 2 or 3 black Americans who are questionably shot by police each year are a bigger story than the 5-6000 who are killed by gang violence each year by other blacks.

Had you actually read the quote I was responding to, you'd see SG was comparing Mexico to Chicago.

Board footer