You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

You realize Mexico is one of the most dangerous places in the world, right? Places that would make Chicago look like Disneyland. Yeah, they work hard to protect their tourists so not to hurt the tourism industry... So do we.

There are consequences to leaving a place to rot.

What the fuck does Mexico have to do with the US or Chicago?  I mean, I agree with you, and that's why we shouldn't have an open border with a country that has a higher body count than Syria.  Why we shouldn't reward illegals by granting their children citizenship, or even give it a second thought when some sob story is told about how illegals are scared to apply for welfare benefits because they may be sent home.  No one asked them to come here and have children.  They weren't invited.  They're obviously not contributing if they need Americans to give them money so their children can eat.  In what logical view is this my or your problem?  Contrary to progressive talking points, the 14th amendment doesn't bestow citizenship to anyone born on US Soil.  It wasn't until Kennedy's Immigration Bill in 1965 that Congress gave citizenship status to all people born on US soil.  Congress can take that away and that's my biggest hope under Trump's first 4 years.  Good luck getting SCOTUS to affirm that someone who illegally enters our country and has a child is somehow now a citizen.  I'm sure they'll rule that if your parents rob a bank and hand you the money, you can keep it too.

Chicagoans are Americans though.  And while I couldn't care less if two gang bangers clip each other, I do care that the 2 or 3 black Americans who are questionably shot by police each year are a bigger story than the 5-6000 who are killed by gang violence each year by other blacks.

Had you actually read the quote I was responding to, you'd see SG was comparing Mexico to Chicago.

SG's comment shouldn't be taken seriously because as you pointed out, Mexico has the highest body count in the world.  I lived in El Paso for 2 years and saw Juarez everyday on my drive onto base.  It sure as hell wasn't safer than Chicago or any other US city.

I can't and don't respond to or care how someone "feels".

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Please, go back and read our Obamacare debates. Again, I'm not going to keep repeating myself, and I think you're doing it on purpose to deflect. Until you admit the republicans hand in Obamacare plan, like stripping the provisions to keep premiums down, blocking subsidies, etc., there's no point in discussing because you refuse to be honest about it.

So did the democrats create a bad bill or not?  How could the GOP block anything that the DNC codified into law?  If what you mean is the Democrats wrote a bad bill, missed a bunch of things because they were in a rush to pass it, and when the GOP had control of the House in 2010, didn't roll over and agree to whatever bandaid fix the Democrats wanted, that isn't on the GOP.  The Dems still made a bad bill and they own all of its success and failures.  You keep ignoring this and wanting to pretend the DNC didn't create a shit bill and it is somehow the Republicans fault Obama and the Democrats never wanted to incorporate any of their ideas.  Remember when Obama said Republicans need to get to the back of the bus, Democrats are in charge now?  I sure do.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Haha, Chicago is safe. I've never felt in danger. I work downtown, but I've been on the south and west sides. One of our research projects is in a school in a very bad neighborhood on the south side. We have 2 on the west side, as well. We have 3 million people in this city. A few hundred or maybe a thousand or so are feuding.

Didn't 100 people get killed over the weekend?? Sounds safe!  Seriously every city has shit hole areas most white people should avoid (not being racist just true) the Ensley neighborhood of Birmingham is a place I don't want to be at no matter the time of day. We have many neighborhoods like this. My point is I don't need to go to Mexico to seek harm, there are a shit load of bad places here in the US. Look at what happened to Arkansas and the hospital in the Bronx just over the weekend. Too many people dying to just call everything "safe" lol.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What the fuck does Mexico have to do with the US or Chicago?  I mean, I agree with you, and that's why we shouldn't have an open border with a country that has a higher body count than Syria.  Why we shouldn't reward illegals by granting their children citizenship, or even give it a second thought when some sob story is told about how illegals are scared to apply for welfare benefits because they may be sent home.  No one asked them to come here and have children.  They weren't invited.  They're obviously not contributing if they need Americans to give them money so their children can eat.  In what logical view is this my or your problem?  Contrary to progressive talking points, the 14th amendment doesn't bestow citizenship to anyone born on US Soil.  It wasn't until Kennedy's Immigration Bill in 1965 that Congress gave citizenship status to all people born on US soil.  Congress can take that away and that's my biggest hope under Trump's first 4 years.  Good luck getting SCOTUS to affirm that someone who illegally enters our country and has a child is somehow now a citizen.  I'm sure they'll rule that if your parents rob a bank and hand you the money, you can keep it too.

Chicagoans are Americans though.  And while I couldn't care less if two gang bangers clip each other, I do care that the 2 or 3 black Americans who are questionably shot by police each year are a bigger story than the 5-6000 who are killed by gang violence each year by other blacks.

Had you actually read the quote I was responding to, you'd see SG was comparing Mexico to Chicago.

SG's comment shouldn't be taken seriously because as you pointed out, Mexico has the highest body count in the world.  I lived in El Paso for 2 years and saw Juarez everyday on my drive onto base.  It sure as hell wasn't safer than Chicago or any other US city.

I can't and don't respond to or care how someone "feels".

Yes my comment was just to let you guys know I had a good time. It was a reflection of the total crimes for the whole country.  Lol. Just what I experienced which I admit was very limited yet very safe.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Haha, Chicago is safe. I've never felt in danger. I work downtown, but I've been on the south and west sides. One of our research projects is in a school in a very bad neighborhood on the south side. We have 2 on the west side, as well. We have 3 million people in this city. A few hundred or maybe a thousand or so are feuding.

Didn't 100 people get killed over the weekend?? Sounds safe!  Seriously every city has shit hole areas most white people should avoid (not being racist just true) the Ensley neighborhood of Birmingham is a place I don't want to be at no matter the time of day. We have many neighborhoods like this. My point is I don't need to go to Mexico to seek harm, there are a shit load of bad places here in the US. Look at what happened to Arkansas and the hospital just over the weekend. Too many people dying to just call everything "safe" lol.

100 people were shot.  Not 100 were killed.  I'm in Chicago about one week out of the month.  I work on the North Shore right off Michigan and Wacker.  I've never felt unsafe, but I also only stray from downtown to go up to Northfield or some restaurant my co-workers frequent.  None are in the South Side or West Side bad parts of town.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Didn't 100 people get killed over the weekend?? Sounds safe!  Seriously every city has shit hole areas most white people should avoid (not being racist just true) the Ensley neighborhood of Birmingham is a place I don't want to be at no matter the time of day. We have many neighborhoods like this. My point is I don't need to go to Mexico to seek harm, there are a shit load of bad places here in the US. Look at what happened to Arkansas and the hospital just over the weekend. Too many people dying to just call everything "safe" lol.

100 people were shot.  Not 100 were killed.  I'm in Chicago about one week out of the month.  I work on the North Shore right off Michigan and Wacker.  I've never felt unsafe, but I also only stray from downtown to go up to Northfield or some restaurant my co-workers frequent.  None are in the South Side or West Side bad parts of town.

Yes, safer in the white, upscale, or business districts and dangerous in the lower income black areas. But since we don't go to those places we feel safe while all the poor blacks live in fear. 100 people shot is a lot of people. Crazy high.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

These German snow flakes need to chill the Fuck out. They are protesting the G20 and capitalism. GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU SELFISH COCKSUCKERS.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

These German snow flakes need to chill the Fuck out. They are protesting the G20 and capitalism. GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU SELFISH COCKSUCKERS.

Look at East and West Berlin and tell me which side is better.  If only we'd have put purse strings on the Marshall Plan when we rebuilt their country.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Please, go back and read our Obamacare debates. Again, I'm not going to keep repeating myself, and I think you're doing it on purpose to deflect. Until you admit the republicans hand in Obamacare plan, like stripping the provisions to keep premiums down, blocking subsidies, etc., there's no point in discussing because you refuse to be honest about it.

So did the democrats create a bad bill or not?  How could the GOP block anything that the DNC codified into law?  If what you mean is the Democrats wrote a bad bill, missed a bunch of things because they were in a rush to pass it, and when the GOP had control of the House in 2010, didn't roll over and agree to whatever bandaid fix the Democrats wanted, that isn't on the GOP.  The Dems still made a bad bill and they own all of its success and failures.  You keep ignoring this and wanting to pretend the DNC didn't create a shit bill and it is somehow the Republicans fault Obama and the Democrats never wanted to incorporate any of their ideas.  Remember when Obama said Republicans need to get to the back of the bus, Democrats are in charge now?  I sure do.

It wasn't bad per se, but it got turned to into chop suey, a lot of it because of Lieberman, but was he ever really a Democrat? The guy was/is a cunt and one reason I refused to vote for Gore.

They gave in to too many Republican concessions who ended up not even voting for the bill. In principal it was good, but too much BS on both sides. I seriously doubt Obama set out to craft a bad bill to deliberately hurt people or his heart wasn't in the right place. As opposed to not even knowing what was in the bill and then call it mean, but still push it anyway.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump goes abroad and bashes our intelligence communities and former president. Fuck this guy. Seriously, fuck him and the losers who defend him.

Board footer