You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

You lied. And denied. I did what you asked and you moved the goal post. Weak.

You wanted an amendment. I gave it. You wanted a name. I gave it. You lied.

You're lying again.

And again.

Liar.

Thanks for going SLC.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, safer in the white, upscale, or business districts and dangerous in the lower income black areas. But since we don't go to those places we feel safe while all the poor blacks live in fear. 100 people shot is a lot of people. Crazy high.

It is high, but per capita, is it? Like I said, 3 million people here. Not a lot folks actually involved in what's going on. And as I pointed out, in my new line of work I get out to these place every once in a while. I've never felt unsafe. The people in these neighborhoods for the most part don't like what's going on. They are people trying to live their live like you and me. But, there are a number of gangs ruining it for everyone.

When you say 3 million are you talking only if South and West Chicago and leaving out downtown and the white areas? If the shootings are only taking place in the hood we should only take the population of the hood and don't include all the nice areas that are from free. 100 shot is a fuck load. That was one weekend. 100 over a weekend is 5,200 for the year. That is CRAZY!!!

3 million is the city as a whole. And there are shootings everywhere, not just the south and west side. There was just one on Lake Shore Drive that pierced the window of a 56th floor condo from the ground. That had to be a rifle shot of some sort.

Five-Year-Murder-Rates-1024x0-c-default.png

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No, even if you exclude the people not making an effort I'm pretty sure it's higher than that.

That's not how they calculate UE anyway, stupid.

And Obama wasn't "claiming it", the Department of Labor was/is "claiming it", stupid.

Suddenly though, highly educated economists, working for the bureau of labor statistics, who compile employment data and who have provided reports to our government for decades aren't reporting accurately. Yea...sure, stupid.

Dumbfuck...understand the question I was asked before trying to pick apart the answer.  This is why nobody can have discussions with you guys.  You don't pay attention to what's actually going on.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The "rant" is about accepting personal responsibility.

Didn't you grow up on food stamps as a kid?

Grow up on?  No.  We may have had them at one point; I know we had reduced lunches at some point at school.  I didn't grow up with much; that's why I save money and don't have credit card debt.  I refuse to ever go back to that.  How I am living now is like a king compared to growing up.  That's good enough for me.  When we built this house, we told them not to even tell us what we could spend, but to only approve us to 150K.  We could probably spend 500K+, but why?  My wife just replaced her 100K mile Hyundai Elantra with a brand new one (our first new car ever) because it was about to die.  That's our splurge for the next 5 years and we'll pay more each payment than we owe (as we do on the house).  Personal accountability/responsibility. 

If you actually try to understand what I've said all along, I have zero, ZERO issues helping those that actually need help.  It's not however meant to be a way of life.  Help those in need?  Absolutely.  Help those that could work but would rather just play video games all day?  No thanks.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The "rant" is about accepting personal responsibility.

Didn't you grow up on food stamps as a kid?

Grow up on?  No.  We may have had them at one point; I know we had reduced lunches at some point at school.  I didn't grow up with much; that's why I save money and don't have credit card debt.  I refuse to ever go back to that.  How I am living now is like a king compared to growing up.  That's good enough for me.  When we built this house, we told them not to even tell us what we could spend, but to only approve us to 150K.  We could probably spend 500K+, but why?  My wife just replaced her 100K mile Hyundai Elantra with a brand new one (our first new car ever) because it was about to die.  That's our splurge for the next 5 years and we'll pay more each payment than we owe (as we do on the house).  Personal accountability/responsibility. 

If you actually try to understand what I've said all along, I have zero, ZERO issues helping those that actually need help.  It's not however meant to be a way of life.  Help those in need?  Absolutely.  Help those that could work but would rather just play video games all day?  No thanks.

If my wife and I both lost our jobs today, we could live for 2 years without considering touching either 401K and not making a dime over that time period.  We could last longer of we cut out cable and a few other things we don't really need.  It would suck, but we could do it no problem.  Of course we both have skills that wouldn't leave us unemployed that long, but that's not the point.  I don't sit here and say one thing while doing something different.  It's about choices people make.  You shouldn't be bailed out for making bad choices.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Chicago isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.  There are places not to go and times not to go there.  Everyone that lives there knows these things.  For the most part, the gangs keep the killings among themselves.  It's obviously an issue for those that live in these areas as they are potential unintended victims, but for most people Chicago is completely safe from a murder perspective.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I appreciate the fiscal responsibility that Buzz has laid out before us.

Trump and Putin's meeting has gone over an hour.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

TRUMP OPENS MEETING DISCUSSING RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN THE 2016 ELECTION.

I hope Trump was a boss in today's meeting.

johndivney wrote:

I'm guessing his first words were "thank you"?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I appreciate the fiscal responsibility that Buzz has laid out before us.

Trump and Putin's meeting has gone over an hour.

Any kind of personal responsibility is completely absent from the mind of our friends.  ID couldn't even acknowledge the ACA was an entirely Democratic bill without a single Republican contribution.  They're so committed to blaming everyone else, they even selectively quote some figure that the very article they're pulling from calls false.  It's not that Democrats created a bad bill, it's someone else's fault (the Republicans) that their legislation was complete shit.  It's not the blacks in the south and west side of Chicago who are at fault for the gun violence.  It's poverty or the NRA or guns. 

It's a fundamental failure to recognize cause and effect.  You're not poor because you dropped out of high school, your mother had out of wedlock children with multiple people, or you have a bad work ethic.  It's institutional racism/the patriarchy/ white privilege, etc.  Something like 85% of the country had health insurance prior to the ACA.  It wasn't that the 15% without needed to change their behavior, the system must be broke because it didn't account for an infinite amount of variables and accommodate those who have no interest in participating in a civilized society. 

It doesn't matter that Canada and Europe can spend absurd amounts on social welfare solely because the US keeps the bad guys away.  The US is bad because it can't be the world's police, protect the west, and provide free college, healthcare and a $15 minimum wage with 18 months maternity leave and 4 weeks paid vacation every year. 

It's not their fault they lack any evidence to support their beliefs.  It's that we haven't given them enough time to generate the smoking gun that proves their allegations true.

Identity politics and perpetual victimhood is their lifeblood.

Board footer