You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If you want to go after Trump for this, fine, but be willing to go after all offenders on this.

Fine by me, let's just not forget that one of the offenders is the sitting president, shall we?

Loretta Lynch, Comey, HRC, Bill Clinton, Podesta should all be brought in for collusion and obstruction of justice.

Why?  What did Comey do that meets that definition?  What did Bill Clinton do?  He's a private citizen with no executive authority. What did Podesta do?

Maybe you have something with Lynch. But I think it's a stretch to claim Obstruction solely off her request to Comey to call it a "matter". The claim she told someone she'd keep him on a leash is unproven. And as AG she has prosecutorial discretion.

And unless you have evidence Hillary ordered her servers wiped and evidence destroyed, how does she get an obstruction charge?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Keep in mind, this is only the info the Press obtained, including Jrs email. How many other meetings, discussions, emails and all were there. And of them, how many do the FBI & CIA have?

Don Jrs a douche who was out there on TV claiming the Russia connection was completely untrue just weeks after this meeting. And the whole 'She didn't deliver anything' part in unknown as well. She may have clearly indicated they do have the hacked emails, might have put a price onto them we don't know. Kushners a douche too, how many meetings has this guy "forgotten" about.

I agree, Collusion, on its own isn't a crime I don't think. However I heard Conspiracy is. If there's a pattern of meetings & discussions about this, then it goes down that road. Also, gotta wonder "who" leaked this email to the press. And, how many others are there.

It also goes against the "fake news" narrative Trump and his gang constantly push. NYT was going to run with those emails, so Jr. released them first. Hardly fake.

Jr. lied about meetings. Jr. lied about the subject of the meetings, several times. Kushner didn't disclose them initially. Manafort and Kushner went along to get the "scoop", which sure sounds like conspiracy to me. For a group of people who aren't guilty, they sure seem to lie an awful lot about what they do. It might be different if it were one thing, but it's not. It's an enormous pile of things, including wanting to set up a back channel that excluded our government, using Russian infrastructure, and Trump pushing hard to re-open those Russian camps that Obama closed. On and on...there is a reason Brian William acts like he's got a huge scoop every night, because something insane comes to light almost every day with this group.

Also to your point,  this is what we're getting from the media. I can only imagine what the Feds have which we don't know about.

The Ukraine "story" is not even remotely the same. I read the article, clearly Flagg did not. It's another series of "whataboutism" and false equivalency put up by the right. It's meant to distract and muddy the waters, which is what the GOP are pros at. They want everybody to talk about that, and not Trump. That's their game, and that's Flagg's MO 24/7.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So you don't believe Trump or anyone on his campaign or cabinet worked with Russia intelligence to steal the election?

You're doing your sleight of hand wordplay bullshit again. This is completely dishonest and contradictory of your own argument/accusations. Are we blaming the Republican Party or Trump, because you keep switching back and forth and then combining them when it benefits you.

You tell me. You're the one claiming any US citizen collaborated with Putin to throw the election. Are Trump, Sessions, Flynn and whomever I've overlooked not part of the GOP?  Is Trump not the leader of the GOP as every sitting President has been of their party?  I recall Nunez being tossed in there at some point.

You keep claiming Republican concessions ruined Obamacare. But you can't name the concessions or Republicans who "came up with Obamacare."  I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to argue, but you keep shifting to not appear wrong.

I don't believe any evidence has been put forth to show a single Republican worked with Putin/Russia to throw the election. I know you disagree, but that disagreement isn't based on evidence you have that I lack.

I know not a single Republican worked on the Obamacare bill, but you keep calling me a liar.   When I blame Democrats for whatever bullshit bill the GOP rushes through without a single Democrat contributing an idea (much less an idea that ruined the bill) or vote, you can call me a hypocrite or liar.

Let me try this again and I'm dropping it. I feel like an asshole to keep calling you a liar, but there's no other way to say it.

The party did not collectively endorse, condone or support Trumps behavior. He was elected by the base. Do I think they should do more? Should they disavow him? Damn right they should. Joe Scarborough left the party because they won't stand up to him. But no, the GOP didn't collectively tell his campaign to meet with Russians and lie. They didn't, as far as I know, tell him to be Putin's bitch. They didn't tell him to try and interfere/stop the investigation, they didn't tell him to fire Comey. And as far as I know they didn't direct Russia to hack the DNC to help Trump. As far as I know they didn't tell Assange to release the documents strategically to create maximum damage to HRC.

I blame Trump for what Trump does and what's done on his behalf that he doesn't disavow.

Yes, republicans worked on Obamacare and added amendments. Yes, Democrats took out single payer because Republicans demanded it, and again, for the third time, Lieberman backed the GOP on that, and that's who I blame more than anyone.

Again, I'm not making a definite conclusion on what he did or didn't do with regards to collusion with Russia. I've stated this many times, to the point I said I have a gut feeling something happened on his behalf, which you latched onto and brought up over and over, ironically because I have not said he absolutely did anything. Which was hilariously disingenuous of you.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It's a lawyer tactic too...they try to get you to take a position that you did not intend because they know it's a losing position. Once you start defending the contrived position, you've lost.

This.

Ignore all the noise that people like Lyin' Randy kick around. It's meant to put everybody on the defensive (those who are asking questions/demanding answers are in charge-not the other way around) and muddy the waters. False comparisons, character attacks, word play, hoping from one foot to the next. Another tactic is this massive wall of text that includes a combo of all of these moves. I watched these psychos do this with Iraq, they'll lie all day long, point fingers, and eventually run away from any accountability once the dust settles. They'll do the same thing when this is all over too, just watch.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

They are just starting to put their toes in the lifeboats now...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

They are just starting to put their toes in the lifeboats now...

[/embed]

What Kraut says in theory is maybe what you should do, but you want to win to and millions have been invested in you... Most people take the fucking information and do what they can to win...

I am not saying that is right or wrong, but it is what happens...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Is the Russian investigation pretty much over now in regards to Trump?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Is the Russian investigation pretty much over now in regards to Trump?

Haha timed drop. Nice work by the media lol. All this shit is silly.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

No complaints about this. Hopefully it's the beginning of a mass crackdown on this:  https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-charging- … 44882.html

US charging 412 in health fraud schemes worth $1.3 billion

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. prosecutors announced Thursday that they have charged more than 400 people with taking part in health care fraud and opioid scams that totaled $1.3 billion in false billing.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions called the collective action the "largest health care fraud takedown operation in American history" and said it indicates that some doctors, nurses and pharmacists "have chosen to violate their oaths and put greed ahead of their patients."

Among those charged are six Michigan doctors accused of a scheme to prescribe unnecessary opioids. A Florida rehab facility is alleged to have recruited addicts with gift cards and visits to strip clubs, leading to $58 million in false treatments and tests.

Officials said those charged in the schemes include more than 120 people involved in prescribing and distributing narcotics.

"They seem oblivious to the disastrous consequences of their greed. Their actions not only enrich themselves, often at the expense of taxpayers, but also feed addictions and cause addictions to start," Sessions said in prepared remarks.

Sessions said in his remarks that nearly 300 health care providers are being suspended or banned from participating in federal health care programs.

The Justice Department said the people charged were illegally billing Medicare, Medicaid, and the health insurance program that serves members of the armed forces, retired service members and their families. The allegations include claims that those charged billed the programs for unnecessary drugs that were never purchased or never given to the patients.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Fantastic start.  Any efforts towards universal care should require a federal database for all patient records.  No more doctor shopping to get the meds you want.

We need to stop considering addiction a disease and allowing the medical industry to profit off the myriad of rehabilitation and treatments that only line their pockets.  Cancer and AIDs are diseases.  Enjoying the high you get from opioids isn't.

Board footer