You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Now that Trump is launching his own news program, will anyone here be using at as sources during your exhaustive search for truth, RF?

Now we'll know for sure that everyone who voted for Hillary was an illegal immigrant.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think congress gave up on healthcare. The whole 'Kill Obamacare' was just to win the election. Honestly they could just take Obama's name off it, rename it 'MuricaCare and people would be thrilled.

I think they'll pick it up again next year, and honestly try to patch it up & legitimately fix what's going wrong with it. If they can't, it can then later be used as a 2018 mid-terms get out the vote bit.

Congress is unlikely to touch this again.  They got too many angry town halls in RED states and districts.  Republicans (smart ones anyway) don't want to be stuck with "I cast a vote that left X million people w/out healhcare" in the 2018 election cycle.

Plus there are divisons within the Party anyway.  Some want a FULL REPEAL; others want  to fix whatever issues that Obamacare has.  It's just difficult to put together a bill that would satisfy all those groups.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Trump needs to fire Sessions, he might actually accomplish something good.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think something bigs gonna be revealed soon. Within 1-2 weeks.

Sooner...:haha:

Mueller issues grand jury subpoenas related to Donald Trump Jr.'s 2016 meeting

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/ … index.html

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

DGWn_Nh_LUIAEsq_VN.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Haha!!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think something bigs gonna be revealed soon. Within 1-2 weeks.

Sooner...:haha:

Mueller issues grand jury subpoenas related to Donald Trump Jr.'s 2016 meeting

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/ … index.html

Here...let me play the Trump supporters part since the ones on this board are silent.

There is still no evidence of any wrong doing. I was expecting a fed-ex package a long time ago with all the evidence so that I might be able to thoroughly inspect it. Trump is an innocent man and he's done more for America in 6 months than Obama did in 8 years.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, they're saying this Grand Jury takes it up a notch. Sortof changes it from a casual "investigation" to a legal one. It'll still take time & be ongoing, but the Trump clan is getting nervous. Did you read the leaks of how badly the phone calls went with the Mexican & Australian Presidents?  It was laughable "You have to do this, it'll make me look bad."  "I ran on this for 2 years". Just shows a guy who's a blowhard who said whatever he wanted to get his way.  He's used to being Donald Trump & running Trump Inc but this is completely different, he wasn't ready or the person for this job.

Here's my impression of Donald Trumps international experience " Mexico will pay for this wall".  ring ring ring, "Hey Mexico, you're going to pay for this wall, right?"   "No"  "What, you have to, I just ran on this stance and was elected saying I will accomplish this. You're going to make me look bad"

I was wondering if Trump would just resign during his 17 day vacation, and call the people of Washington "stupid" to make him look good. But I think alot of his associates and family might need a pardon out of him, so he'll have to stay in for as long as he can.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, they're saying this Grand Jury takes it up a notch. Sortof changes it from a casual "investigation" to a legal one. It'll still take time & be ongoing, but the Trump clan is getting nervous. Did you read the leaks of how badly the phone calls went with the Mexican & Australian Presidents?  It was laughable "You have to do this, it'll make me look bad."  "I ran on this for 2 years". Just shows a guy who's a blowhard who said whatever he wanted to get his way.  He's used to being Donald Trump & running Trump Inc but this is completely different, he wasn't ready or the person for this job.

I can totally understand why he thinks that way though. Being president of your own company means you can make any decision you want. It doesn't require you to be knowledgeable or well read. It doesn't require you to get along with other companies. It doesn't stop you from saying and doing what ever you want. After 50 plus years of this type of behavior, maybe he really thought that's how the world works. We're all just waiting for the boss to give us an order. We will all just follow that order blindly. We will not question our master.

I never understood why people thought he was smart. You DO NOT have to be intelligent to make money in this country. I'm sorry...you just don't.

Famous, check! Rich, check! He's got my vote. That may be all the analysis done by many Trump supporters. You don't have to smart to be famous and you don't have to be smart to be rich.

Here's my impression of Donald Trumps international experience " Mexico will pay for this wall".  ring ring ring, "Hey Mexico, you're going to pay for this wall, right?"   "No"  "What, you have to, I just ran on this stance and was elected saying I will accomplish this. You're going to make me look bad"

This couldn't be any more laughable. These are the negotiating techniques he's using??? Shameful. I really could not comprehend how his supporters could see that and not have some kind of reaction.

Reminds me a bit of all the stories where Trump hired skilled American labor and contracted them to do X work for Y compensation. When the work was done, he just paid him whatever he wanted to...sometimes 60% of what he agreed to. The big difference here is that he's just not in the same place to bully other countries that he was in when he was private citizen Trump.

I was wondering if Trump would just resign during his 17 day vacation, and call the people of Washington "stupid" to make him look good. But I think alot of his associates and family might need a pardon out of him, so he'll have to stay in for as long as he can.

If that is indeed what happens, I will make sure every knuckle-dragging Trump supporter within arms reach feels the shame and accepts all the responsibility for who he/she supported. Could you imagine a sitting president pardoning one family member after the other?

this Trump-Russia-obstruction of justice thing has a lot more to it than any of the Hillary stuff. They've pursued all that for almost a decade now.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The leaks of his calls with the leaders of Mexico and Australia shouldn't have happened. How is any world leader going to be able to talk freely with the U.S. if they think their conversation will be leaked. Sure, it made Donald look bad, but it hurt America in the long run.

Board footer