You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

The same people who say there is no solution, are the same people who don't want to do anything about it.

Hardly a coincidence.

Ridiculous.  I've never owned a gun and I shot one once at a range as a teen with my family and never again.  Not at all interested.  We're being realistic.  You CAN'T do anything about it, so what's the point of wasting time and money on something that's not possible?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You can buy anything you want a gun show. Just show some cash. My buddy bought an AK47 from one and handed the dude straight cash. No questions asked.

The AR 15 seems the be the weapon of choice in mass shootings.

Not to get into semantics, but you’re buddy didn’t buy an Ak47. He probably bought an SAR-1, which is semi automatic. If he bought an ak47 both he and the seller committed a 1st degree felony. Just as the ar-15 is the civilian variant of the m-16, the sar-1 is the civilian variant of the ak47.

I disagree with the NRA in its opposition to implementing background checks on private sales, but that’s what federal law stipulates.

Real thing bro... full automatic

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You CAN'T do anything about it, so what's the point of wasting time and money on something that's not possible?

There were nearly 600 Americans shot on the Strip a couple of nights ago.

600 Americans.

And people like you think there is nothing we can do about it.

Insane.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You CAN'T do anything about it, so what's the point of wasting time and money on something that's not possible?

600 Americans.

Insane.

My thing is this, all the headlines about it being 'The Largest Mass Shooting in US History' makes me chuckle, cause it might as well read 'The Largest Mass Shooting in US History Until Next Year'

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

600 Americans.

Insane.

We don't think, we know.  People intent on killing people are indeed going to kill people.  Ask people in Oklahoma City.  It is absolutely idiotic to think outlawing anything is going to stop even one of these crimes from happening or even make it more difficult.  It's sad that there are people out there that think throwing money at crap like that while there are real needs for the money is somehow a good idea.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What’s your solution?

Answer the question smart guy.  We're all ears.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What’s your solution?

Answer the question smart guy.  We're all ears.

I don’t think there is one. You can’t repeal the 2nd amendment and while these shootings get a lot of attention, they’re incredibly rare. My question was for those who think there is a solution and think those who argue against those claiming there isn’t are wrong.

No one cared when the same style weapon was used to shoot congress.

The odds of dying for Allah or being killed by a drunk driver are all much higher and no one wants to ban alcohol or Islam or refugees.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The odds of dying for Allah ... are all much higher and no one wants to ban alcohol or Islam or refugees.

Weren't the only 2 quasi Muslim mass shootings Orlando & San Bernadino?  I don't think they outnumber Columbine, Vegas, VA Tech, Newtown & the Batman/Colorado shooting, among others.

I say 'quasi' cause I think its a stretch to say they were really islamic shootings as opposed to just being flat out crazy.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The odds of dying for Allah ... are all much higher and no one wants to ban alcohol or Islam or refugees.

Weren't the only 2 quasi Muslim mass shootings Orlando & San Bernadino?  I don't think they outnumber Columbine, Vegas, VA Tech, Newtown & the Batman/Colorado shooting, among others.

I say 'quasi' cause I think its a stretch to say they were really islamic shootings as opposed to just being flat out crazy.

I’m not talking just about gun fire. I don’t live in fear of a bomb going off, a drunk driver or being shot. I’m not a gun guy. I’m not an nra member nor do I have a concealed carry license. I shoot my bolt action hunting rifle twice a year, - before hunting season to ensure my scope didn’t get bumped and during hunting season.

I have no interest in the preppers or wannabes. But the 2nd amendment is a thing in America. And no one has offered a solution that wouldn’t violate the 2nd amendment or prevent these shootings. Anyone of us could spend an hour on the internet and make a bomb that would harm a lot more than 600 people.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m not talking just about gun fire. I don’t live in fear of a bomb going off, a drunk driver or being shot. I’m not a gun guy. I’m not an nra member nor do I have a concealed carry license. I shoot my bolt action hunting rifle twice a year, - before hunting season to ensure my scope didn’t get bumped and during hunting season.

I have no interest in the preppers or wannabes. But the 2nd amendment is a thing in America. And no one has offered a solution that wouldn’t violate the 2nd amendment or prevent these shootings. Anyone of us could spend an hour on the internet and make a bomb that would harm a lot more than 600 people.

Make everyone pay to get a license, take a safety course, charge a yearly tax on weapons to discourage massive arsenals, take a personality test. Lots of ways to make things safer.

Board footer