You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Could you imagine if PR happened on Obama's watch?

How about dissing a war widow (guess he knew what he signed up for, huh?) like Trump  just did?

Niger? (think they are going to have 13 "investigations" with Sean Hannity talking about it every single night for the next 3 years? I'm going to guess not)

Offering to send 25k to a soldier's family, but never making good on his promise?

Accusing the FBI of colluding against him.

Lying about previous presidents contacting the families of soldiers who had died in combat.

All while taunting and mocking a war hero?

Just imagine if it was Obama doing this.

The Republican outrage has been lowered to a whisper...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

PR is getting the aide they need, but can we point out that PR doesn't pay federal income tax?  So all that money going to support them is coming from the contributions of Americans in the 50 states.  So excuse me if I think a little extra concern should be given when handing out US Federal money to rebuild PR.  Especially with their track record of corruption and fiscal responsibility.  I'm sure the mayor of San Juan will be driving a new Tesla bitching about lack of help from Trump.

I can see why you’d be concerned about that since you pay 40 percent income tax.

I never said income tax. And if I did, I misspoke. I said something like 40% of my income goes to taxes. That probably erroneously includes my health care plan, so subtract 1200. That’s still about 39k in taxes. In a discussion about the federal tax code which currently has deductions for state taxes, I assume all taxes fall under that umbrella. I don’t pay them anything come tax time and they don’t pay me. That’s how it should be, the tax code should be simple or even have your taxes done for you by the IRS like a lot of Europe does. It’s overly complicated and needs reform and simplification. If you missed that argument and choose to be pendantic, then you truly represent the difference between having a point of view or having an agenda that Buzz mentioned earlier.

I think you'd find that if you own a business...you take care of it like it's your baby. That tax code is complicated but it does such a good job and incentivizing production. I'm not sure simplifying things would do any good....under the guise of simplification, Republicans are trying to create enormous tax cuts for the top 1%.

Don't worry though RF, you'll always have me to count on to make sure you don't get taken advantage of...taxes are complicated, but we all agreed on this process 30 plus years ago. Must've been a reason to make it so complicated, right?

The only agenda I have is to call out bullshit. I'll assume you meant pedantic...I think you might find it's the detail oriented people of this country that have the most success.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The stories starting to trickle out about Niger make it sound on par or far worse than Benghazi. Let’s see how this plays out, but I’m guessing the GOP will puss out on a legitimate probe.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So now we learn that the MGM is controlling Campos and said Ellen was the only show he could go on and he wouldn’t be challenged there. Again, more questions than answers.

No conspiracy. The hotel is probably going to be facing massive lawsuits. They don’t want this dude sayin anything that could help a possible plaintiff.

Sorry but the investigation to this comes before their lawsuits... He will have to speak to law enforcement.

True of course, but he doesn’t have to talk to anyone else. If he just wants to do Ellen or the hotel suggests it, that’s a personal and/or legal move, not a conspiracy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The stories starting to trickle out about Niger make it sound on par or far worse than Benghazi. Let’s see how this plays out, but I’m guessing the GOP will puss out on a legitimate probe.

What mission were we on there? Must have been big with French Helicopters coming in and mercenaries involved.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What mission were we on there? Must have been big with French Helicopters coming in and mercenaries involved.

Good question. Contractors might have been involved too. Bad intel. I’ve heard the French were not allowed to engage. If true, what a terrible accumulation of factors. All the while Trump is golfing, tweeting about the NFL and ignoring the whole thing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No conspiracy. The hotel is probably going to be facing massive lawsuits. They don’t want this dude sayin anything that could help a possible plaintiff.

Sorry but the investigation to this comes before their lawsuits... He will have to speak to law enforcement.

True of course, but he doesn’t have to talk to anyone else. If he just wants to do Ellen or the hotel suggests it, that’s a personal and/or legal move, not a conspiracy.

This. Makes total sense. Bet the hotel had him hidden, too. Ellen is such an odd choice I can see why she was green lit.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Trump packed in at least 3 lies in this tweet and 2 insults and also contradicted his chief of staff. He’s really something.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Good question. Contractors might have been involved too. Bad intel. I’ve heard the French were not allowed to engage. If true, what a terrible accumulation of factors. All the while Trump is golfing, tweeting about the NFL and ignoring the whole thing.

When I said mercenaries I was referring to contractors.

The cover up is MGM is Fucking worried. I hate lawsuits. I want the truth. The criminal is dead. Blaming Campos or MGM is not cool UNLESS THEY ARE INVOLVED.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

All this shit about Campos is a distraction. WHAT ABOUT FUCKING PADDOCK. there is so much more to this story.

Board footer