You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm thinking of her NPR interview and how she's not fading away, she's reacting on twitter in real time. I almost think she's sticking around d, keeping her face out there just at the possibility. If Muller finds anything that could have swayed or influenced the election there will be a push for her to challenge. Would he resign? I'm finding that highly unlikely now.

It would be the craziest thing politically I've seen in my life, second to this fiasco.

It would be the perfect ending for the Trump presidency.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

One things clear, one party has no problem rolling out the parents of dead soldiers to score political points. I’d be ashamed to affiliate with such people. But cheerleaders be cheerleading.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Here's the explanation about contractors rescuing U.S. troops in Niger.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

One things clear, one party has no problem rolling out the parents of dead soldiers to score political points. I’d be ashamed to affiliate with such people. But cheerleaders be cheerleading.

You mean both parties.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Here's the explanation about contractors rescuing U.S. troops in Niger.

[/embed]
Good Lord. I just read that a general was begging for help and that only 30-40% of the missions actually had intelligence helping them.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, you always take the high road. Good grief, spare me.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Good Lord. I just read that a general was begging for help and that only 30-40% of the missions actually had intelligence helping them.

I hope the Republicans can get some investigations going and get to the bottom of this. /s

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Let's beat up on a grieving widow..."support the troops, honor the flag"...my ass.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:

Let's beat up on a grieving widow..."support the troops, honor the flag"...my ass.

[/embed]

Your faux outrage is hysterical.  She chose to enter the political foray when she opted to side with the fake cowboy.  The liberal gameplan of rolling out some "untouchable" to spout nonsense doesn't work.  You guys tried this with the Khan's during the election and no one bought it.  The party that openly mocked the military for decades (did you read Bob Gates' book?) doesn't get to pretend they give a shit now. 

Her husband was the hero.  Not her.  She nor the fake cowboy using her tragedy as political capital aren't protected from having their opinions and arguments refuted.

But hey, I'm a disabled combat vet and you've had no problem saying the most heinous things to me.  So tell me again about principles.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The liberal gameplan of rolling out some "untouchable" to spout nonsense doesn't work.  You guys tried this with the Khan's during the election and no one bought it.  The party that openly mocked the military for decades (did you read Bob Gates' book?) doesn't get to pretend they give a shit now.

Cut the BS. Had Obama said what Trump said about McCain, he woulda been ostracized & Hilary would've had to replace him on the Dem ticket. Instead, what happens with Trumpers??  They root him on and send him all the way to the White House. So, the whole 'Pro-military party' sorta lost its brand on that defining moment.

I agree the Congresswoman was out of line & grandstanded alot of this, but I think the widow is just thrown into the limelight at this point. Kinda like the Vegas security guard, people WANT her to speak at this point. I felt she handled herself well, it wasn't a witchhunt, again she was thrown into this. She just said Trump fumbled his way thru the phone call.

What is ashame about all this, is now its gotten sidetracked into a racial/you're wrong issue. When, originally it began with 'the media' questioning Trump on why he hasn't mentioned anything about Niger. He then fessed 'he hadn't written letters yet' (12 days later???) but was going to send letters 'and call' and wrongfully claimed Obama, W & Clinton didn't call. ENTIRELY INCORRECT!! He still hasn't spoken about Niger either, pussy. I guess his heel spurts preclude him from discussing it. It's still unclear how LaDavid was seperated from the rest ( I think I heard he was 1-2 miles away??), and how he was left behind? (I don't think it was a racial think, just unclear & possibly a poorly executed & underarmed mission.

Anyway, the whole GOP is the party of the military went out the window when the rooted on emphatically a Manhattenite billionaire trust fund elite who received 4 deferments for bone spurts stated 'John McCain isn't a hero because he was caught'.

Board footer