You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Hillary has done anything wrong I'm sure there will be charges. The GOP has spent how many years and millions of our dollars trying to "lock her up" exactly? Go for it.

It doesn't absolve the Trump orbit of anything, so there should be no "yeah, but... Hillary!"

Would be great if Muller brought charges against say Flynn and also someone in the Hillary camp. To me that will show he isn’t playing favorites. And we all know people fucked up on both sides.

You have to be sure they did something wrong. You don't bring up charges on someone to make another side feel good.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Hillary has done anything wrong I'm sure there will be charges. The GOP has spent how many years and millions of our dollars trying to "lock her up" exactly? Go for it.

It doesn't absolve the Trump orbit of anything, so there should be no "yeah, but... Hillary!"

Would be great if Muller brought charges against say Flynn and also someone in the Hillary camp. To me that will show he isn’t playing favorites. And we all know people fucked up on both sides.

You have to be sure they did something wrong. You don't bring up charges on someone to make another side feel good.

Ummm yes, we know the DNC did a lot of shit wrong. A federal crime? Don’t know. What about the Collusion CNN had with Hilary to tell her questions to make sure she did better than Bernie? How about the DNC not cooperating with the FBI and turning over emails. Crimes? No. Suspicious? Yes.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You don't file federal charges on any of that shit. Conspiring with a foreign government to influence a democratic election... I think that outweighs getting debate questions.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

You don't file federal charges on any of that shit. Conspiring with a foreign government to influence a democratic election... I think that outweighs getting debate questions.

Well they did take info from the kremlin and had buzzfeed release it to smear trump etc. there isn’t a debate there yet Hillary folks call that Oppo research. Yet if Trump does it it is collusion. Either both are Oppo or both are collusion.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well they did take info from the kremlin and had buzzfeed release it to smear trump etc. there isn’t a debate there yet Hillary folks call that Oppo research. Yet if Trump does it it is collusion. Either both are Oppo or both are collusion.

Apparently if you commit a crime before running for president and lose, you receive an automatic pardon and no one can ever mention it again according to our left leaning friends.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Left leaning? I am and always will be a centrist. What crime did she commit?

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

Left leaning? I am and always will be a centrist. What crime did she commit?

I'm not talking about you or anyone in specific.  You'll not find me arguing she definitively committed a crime, though she objectively shared classified information not only over an unsecure network, but one outside the control of the US Government.  As I said repeatedly, I could give a shit as I did the same thing (save put them on a network I controlled) for the very same reasons, but it's illegal.  You'll never find a post from me saying "lock her up."

But now we know that the DNC and her campaign worked with a foreign agent to gather/create negative information on Trump.  Information that has never been proven or substantiated and information Obama dismissed immediately and asked why people would show him this nonsense.  Do I think it's highly likely someone in her campaign leaked that dossier to the media as a " fuck you" to Trump?  Yes.

But I wasn't on this forum posting news articles screaming "Treason".  If some people believed that Trump or his surrogates knowingly worked with a foreign agent, and argued that was treason, how can they not hold Clinton and the DNC to the same standard?  My answer is they're partisan shills and never gave a fuck about collusion or Russia, they just wanted an excuse or an outlet for their anger.  Understandable, but not an intelligent or informed position. 

I'm sure Manafort will be the one placed under arrest tomorrow, but I'm also fairly confident it will have nothing to do with Trump's campaign or the election.  So those that take whatever crime(s) Manafort committed and try to use that as ammo against Trump, can't then turn around and claim that now that we know Clinton hired a foreign agent to make an incredibly discredited dossier to tarnish the President of the United States, this is somehow not a problem.   

Susan Collins is demanding an investigation into the DNC and Clinton be started over this.  You know, the moderate Republican everyone loved because she didn't sign on board for any of the shit that has been passed through the Senate so far.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The dossier has never been discredited either, fwiw

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

The dossier has never been discredited either, fwiw

That's not how this works.  I don't get to say "ID was the 2nd gunmen on the grassy knoll" and we all assume it may be true.  There's no way to prove it untrue, but if you believe Trump paid women to either piss on him or a bed, I don't know what to tell you.  But as I said earlier, the intel community never took it seriously and Obama sure as hell didn't.  It was World Weekly News bullshit for the same people who watch Dancing with the stars and enjoy TMZ.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The conservatives are leaving things out and making false equivalence arguments as usual.

Conservative web sit Free Beacon funded the third party the research on Trump first. DNC/Hillary then picked up the tab for that third party. The third party then hired Steele to continue to dig.

That does not equal Hillary worked with a foreign agent to take down Trump. Not even close. However, what both GOP/Dem did uncover about Trump via this third party was enough to raise red flags for the FBI, who then began to investigate Trump for his unusual ties to Russia.

An investigation of Trump and his pals have been ongoing. The intelligence community told us unequivocally that Russia meddled in our election. They also felt Trump had enough odd connections to Russia to warrant an investigation.

Tomorrow, at the earliest, somebody or a group of people are going to be arrested in relation to that probe. This has absolutely nothing to do with Hillary. It will probably be the first in a series of arrests. I anticipate conservatives to poo poo it all.

What we watched over the last week was a distraction by state run TV (Fox) and Trump loyalists

Uranium deal was proven false. Hillary already was investigated for emails, and no charges were filed. The end. That's it.

Board footer