You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

If Democrats have big gains in the mid terms firing Muller will give them ammo to impeach him. I'm still on the fence as I think Pence would be worse. And someone is guiding Trump to get behind these bills because he sure as shit doesn't know what's actually in the bills. I'd say it's Miller and Pence stoking his agenda.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I watched an amazing movie last night called “The Wizard of Lies” about Bernie Madoff. Great film and also the SEC was complicit as fuck in that whole deal. What is funny as fuck is Madoff went to Trump for money to invest in his company and Trump said no because he didn’t trust him lol. This is according to Trump back in 2009.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Pence would be miles worse.  Trump is an idiot, but he's a realist (from a high level at least). 

I personally don't think some of you give Trump enough credit.  He says a LOT of stupid things, but things overall are going pretty well and nothing horrific has been or appears to be about to be passed.  Personally (and I know I said this while they were campaigning) I think you guys worry way too much about who has the title and completely ignore who actually has the power.  Obama was a great speaker, but lets not pretend he was some fantastic President.  He accomplished next to nothing other than managing to make healthcare worse (which I said at the time and still believe was the goal).  Yes, the economy got better, but it was going to get better anyway.  That's how it always goes.  At some point things will go south again...that's just normal. 

It's been a year and none of the catastrophic events you all predicted have happened.  There is no wall.  The economy is ticking along.  Abortion isn't illegal.  Really nothing has changed in a year.  That's how things work.  We go back and forth, but we never get to either extreme...and if we ever do get to either extreme, THAT is when things will get interesting.  All of this is just a sideshow.  I don't understand all the hubbub.  Hes a creep.  He has flaws like all of us do.  He lacks a filter.  I find all of that a little refreshing.  I'd always rather know where I stand than have to guess where I stand.  Dude's an entertainer and he has the focus on him.  On some levels, it's brilliant.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump had a good week last week.

I am starting to get worried the stock market is just way too over heated.  Holy shit.  We are at almost 25,000.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Talked about briefly many pages back, but buried under the constant stream of news. Worth a revisit (2 minutes long):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=147&v=eFAugsKExNI

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am starting to get worried the stock market is just way too over heated.  Holy shit.  We are at almost 25,000.

Trump's approval rating is the lowest of any president in his first year. Roy Moore, who he endorsed, lost in Alabama. Not sure how this is a good week. The majority of Americans overwhelmingly do not like this tax plan and believe it will hurt them.

I felt it was overbought at 20k. If this tax bill becomes law, it's going to get worse.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I woke up in the middle of the night & put on the radio, it was about 4 or 5am Sunday. Talk radio, was a right leaning syndicated show (far right, I forget its name).  They were noticably all in on the Mueller shut down/firing. Saying it needs to be done etc. Seemed pretty fabricated. Came off more like a pre recorded scripted show, kinda like those direct response infomercials, not like Hannity or Mark Levin type call in.

Anyway yeah I definitely felt they were setting the tone for it. Surely with Trump now saying "No" to firing Mueller that changes things. Only thing I could think of is if they put out another group of texts emails with info & Trump says "Ok, well now thats it. I'll end this now".

Interesting thought though, about something going down this week. I bet your right, it could be Kushner.

I guess technically Trump could be telling the truth, since apparently by law he can't fire Mueller. The AG must do that. However a report came out today that said Trump considered deputy AG Rosenstein a "threat to his presidency." So in theory Trump could fire Rosenstein, and replace him with some stooge that would 86 Mueller. That would still be obvious obstruction of justice IMO.

They are now claiming the emails from Trump's transition team, reviewed by Mueller as early as September, were taken illegally. Now that's rich. On one hand we have Trump, who openly asked a tool of the Russian government (Wikileaks, I love Wikileaks!) to release more of Clinton's emails. That's OK. But now his attorneys are claiming Mueller broke some law, which is patently false, and these emails should not be admissible for the investigation. Keep in mind that Mueller has been giving lengthy interviews to WH staff over the last several weeks. Surely he's been quizzing them on particulars inside those emails. That may be another reason they are freaking out. They now know that Mueller has those emails and is asking questions that he already has answers to. Easy to catch somebody in a lie.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump's approval rating is the lowest of any president in his first year. Roy Moore, who he endorsed, lost in Alabama. Not sure how this is a good week. The majority of Americans overwhelmingly do not like this tax plan and believe it will hurt them.

I felt it was overbought at 20k. If this tax bill becomes law, it's going to get worse.

Don’t forget, his appointee just embarrassed himself before Congress and withdrew himself from consideration.

I feel like reforming the tax code, even if it’s only one thing, is one very major way to transform a society.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Moore losing was a GOOD thing for Trump.

I don't think the Amtrak train crash was an accident.  I think an obstruction was put on the tracks.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Moore losing was a GOOD thing for Trump.

I don't think the Amtrak train crash was an accident.  I think an obstruction was put on the tracks.

So in this metaphor...we both agree Trumps train has run off the tracks big_smile

Board footer