You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think I’m starting to see some of the backlash some of you predicted regarding women crying sexual assault. Men seem particularly pissed off and letting people know it in comment sections of articles regarding women and alleged accusations.

This is one issue i do break with the Dems...mostly because I’ve seen how unaccountable and ruthless some women have been. In addition, women don’t seem at all concerned about men being on the receiving end of sexual abuse or assault.

It’s not about supporting and empowering anyone in this situation right now...it’s just women supporting women.

Yeah, I agree. I saw the ESPN girl who tweeted last week say she was 'offended' when she was in an interview years ago claim a guy interviewing her said 'Do you plan on getting pregnant right away like all the others'.... I'd be curious to see video of how she responded. Did she get 'offended' at the time, or butter up & giggle with him to get the job. A guy got into a bit of a twitter debate over it, saying the guy had a point, in that those 'reporters' are hired mostly for their looks, even asking 'Show me 1 unattractive reporter'. The reporter never tweeted back. Remember when the girl on the WB show Felicity cut her hair & the shows ratings tanked?

Also in Hollywood the whole casting couch thing. Yeah, it 's F'ed up, but are some of these women & girls having it both ways. Getting the job (ie sleeping with someone, screwing over all the actresses who didn't), then crying foul 10-20 years later. What about all the actresses who auditioned but weren't chosen?  I read years ago that Tara Reid got her first acting job something like 2 weeks after she moved to LA. I think it was even a pretty big part on The Big Lebowski. You would think Wow, but now you look back on it, and I'd hate to accuse her, but was this an incident where a young pretty girl walked into an audition room completely naive. I did like her in American Pie so I'll give her that, and I'll admit that 18-21 or whatever, while it isn't underage is still pretty young & I can see girls being susceptible, especially at the chance of fame or a big role.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Pence would be miles worse.  Trump is an idiot, but he's a realist (from a high level at least). 

I personally don't think some of you give Trump enough credit.  He says a LOT of stupid things, but things overall are going pretty well and nothing horrific has been or appears to be about to be passed.  Personally (and I know I said this while they were campaigning) I think you guys worry way too much about who has the title and completely ignore who actually has the power.  Obama was a great speaker, but lets not pretend he was some fantastic President.  He accomplished next to nothing other than managing to make healthcare worse (which I said at the time and still believe was the goal).  Yes, the economy got better, but it was going to get better anyway.  That's how it always goes.  At some point things will go south again...that's just normal. 

It's been a year and none of the catastrophic events you all predicted have happened.  There is no wall.  The economy is ticking along.  Abortion isn't illegal.  Really nothing has changed in a year.  That's how things work.  We go back and forth, but we never get to either extreme...and if we ever do get to either extreme, THAT is when things will get interesting.  All of this is just a sideshow.  I don't understand all the hubbub.  Hes a creep.  He has flaws like all of us do.  He lacks a filter.  I find all of that a little refreshing.  I'd always rather know where I stand than have to guess where I stand.  Dude's an entertainer and he has the focus on him.  On some levels, it's brilliant.

He's an idiot. Credit? The reason he hasn't passed his agenda was because it was either unrealistic or Republicans stopped him because he's such an idiot. What has he accomplished? There's nothing brilliant about a clusterfuck.

The fact that people like you believe that is precisely what makes it brilliant. You keep focusing on the circus...

What's brilliant exactly? He has failed, and failed and failed at nearly everything he's attempted. He'll get the tax bill, it's in no way his bill, but it's going to be stuck to him no matter how hard he eventually tries to disown it.

Obama's economy is ticking along, I'll agree there.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I still don’t understand how you can attribute any of this to Obama. The Dow started a record rise the day after the election. Obama was anti business, at least compared to Trump. There’s not one piece of legislation you can point to at Obama and say “this is why!”   

His contribution to the economy was the auto bailout and the affordable care act. The former turned out to be beneficial, the latter a mixed bag at best.

You guys won’t give Trump any credit. But Obama enticing millions of illegals to take the jobs of the poorest Americans is somehow praiseworthy. Black Jesus indeed.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I still don’t understand how you can attribute any of this to Obama. The Dow started a record rise the day after the election.

And the Yankees have continued to win more games as a franchise after Jeter left than when he was there.  Duhhhhh, of course its breaking records after he left. It was the highest it ever was since 2013 almost continuously.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dow+hits+record+high+february+2013

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

160aljt.png

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Oh, and now  Sarah Palin had to call the cops on her son Track.

Hmmmmmm, if Malia Obama was knocked up at 17 & the Obama's had a son they had to call the cops on, I'm sure that would've went over real well with Conservatives.  10

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Oh, and now  Sarah Palin had to call the cops on her son Track.

Hmmmmmm, if Malia Obama was knocked up at 17 & the Obama's had a son they had to call the cops on, I'm sure that would've went over real well with Conservatives.  10

I don’t think anyone but the tea baggers thought Palin or her family were admirable.

That being said, the attention and scrutiny Palin’s family gets cant be compared to how protected Obama’s were. The older Obama daughter wears a black power shirt while her dad is president and it wasn’t even acknowledged. If Baron wore a confederate flag, every outlet in the world would be fixated on it.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I still don’t understand how you can attribute any of this to Obama. The Dow started a record rise the day after the election. Obama was anti business, at least compared to Trump. There’s not one piece of legislation you can point to at Obama and say “this is why!”   

His contribution to the economy was the auto bailout and the affordable care act. The former turned out to be beneficial, the latter a mixed bag at best.

You guys won’t give Trump any credit. But Obama enticing millions of illegals to take the jobs of the poorest Americans is somehow praiseworthy. Black Jesus indeed.

Because it's true. These numbers he claimed were lies are now the same figures he's taking credit for. He inherited a robust economy, not what Obama did. That's a fact. Obama wasn't enticing illegals, Republicans have been protecting businesses to hire illegals for decades. Reagan granted amnesty. Obama didn't. W wanted to grant citizenship and toned down ICE, Obama increased deportations at historic levels.. Another fact. "Black Jesus" is beneath you.

And I remember folks on here telling me forever that the DOW doesn't mean shit. Or is that only under Obama? And the stock market better be up, they've been dictating everything he does in regards to taxes and regulations.

Randall Flagg

DACA wasn’t amnesty?  Who’d have thunk it!  Republicans want e-verify and have been pushing it for years. Democrats would commit hari-kiri before that happened.

And the “black jesus” comment refers to the divine faith you guys have in him. He’s infallible. Jesus wasn’t white either.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You're seriousy comparing DACA to what Reagan did? Im pretty right leaning on immigration and I agree with letting dreamers stay. And Obama supported E Verify.

I never said he was infallible. I don't know where you got that. I can disagree with him, but I was proud he was my President. He certainly didn't embarrass me.

Board footer