You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

They could have done it before. They didn't need an incentive. It was literally a drop in the bucket. It's bullshit. How about increasing salaries?

They didn’t have to do fuck. Their obligation is to shareholders. This is not BAD NEWS. Jesus Christ.

I’m skeptical of the timing and hidden agenda. Here...have a $1,000 bonus now but we’re taking away more than $1,000 somewhere else.

It’s like...hey everyone...thanks for the billion dollar tax cut!! Here are some bread crumbs to appease the masses.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

They could have done it before. They didn't need an incentive. It was literally a drop in the bucket. It's bullshit. How about increasing salaries?

They didn’t have to do fuck. Their obligation is to shareholders. This is not BAD NEWS. Jesus Christ.

I’m skeptical of the timing and hidden agenda. Here...have a $1,000 bonus now but we’re taking away more than $1,000 somewhere else.

It’s like...hey everyone...thanks for the billion dollar tax cut!! Here are some bread crumbs to appease the masses.

Maybe next time they volunteer not to give any money since this came across as such an evil Fucking gesture.  You guys are all about giving money to the middle class. AT&T does it (even if there is a hidden agenda) and YOU STILL FUCKING BITCH. JESUS CHRIST!!!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe next time they volunteer not to give any money since this came across as such an evil Fucking gesture.  You guys are all about giving money to the middle class. AT&T does it (even if there is a hidden agenda) and YOU STILL FUCKING BITCH. JESUS CHRIST!!!

It’s not a give away if it’s being taken away somewhere else. If it’s not a net gain...and that’s where I’m skeptical...then this is nothing but an illusion.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It’s not a give away if it’s being taken away somewhere else. If it’s not a net gain...and that’s where I’m skeptical...then this is nothing but an illusion.

What did they take away? Their health benefits? Pension?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That’s the part we don’t know yet...what i do know is rich people will be paying billions less in taxes. Corporations will be paying billions less.

Seems pretty obvious to me the next step is to cut benefits somehow.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That’s the part we don’t know yet...what i do know is rich people will be paying billions less in taxes. Corporations will be paying billions less.

Seems pretty obvious to me the next step is to cut benefits somehow.

If taxes they owe to the IRS goes DOWN, why would that mean they have to cut benefits? To me it means they have MORE money to pay benefits, not the other way around.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fifth Third Bancorp went further, saying it would raise its minimum hourly wage to $15 and distribute a $1,000 payout to 13,500 employees. Wells Fargo, the nation’s largest mortgage lender, joined Fifth Third on the pay raise to $15 an hour, while also pledging $400 million to community and non-profit organizations next year. Cable giant Comcast Corp. said about 100,000 workers would get $1,000 holiday bonuses and pledged more than $50 billion in infrastructure investments over the next five years.

GREAT TO SEE!! MAGA!!!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Uggh, just saw TLJ & don't have time to read all the posts.

I just wanna say that I don't think it will 'bring jobs back to America' as they're paying people $3/hr over there, instead of $15 here. They'll be getting the tax cuts regardless, so why would companies triple or ten times their employee salary base?

Sure, there will likely be modest raises & pay increases. The bonuses are a nice touch (So far I heard it from Comcast & ATT&T. Hmmmmmm, net neutrality payback anyone?) but we'll see what occurs in the long run. In 2 years their employees will be stuck with their 3% raises again. Same old same old, while taxes on coprorations are still cut 17% or whatever. The infrastucture is interesting, especially from ISPs for broadband & faster internet & cell towers to rural America.

To be honest, I think Amazon is going to ruin American jobs moreso than Walmart ever did. Check back in 10-15 years.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Uggh, just saw TLJ & don't have time to read all the posts.

I just wanna say that I don't think it will 'bring jobs back to America' as they're paying people $3/hr over there, instead of $15 here. They'll be getting the tax cuts regardless, so why would companies triple or ten times their employee salary base?

Sure, there will likely be modest raises & pay increases. The bonuses are a nice touch (So far I heard it from Comcast & ATT&T. Hmmmmmm, net neutrality payback anyone?) but we'll see what occurs in the long run. In 2 years their employees will be stuck with their 3% raises again. Same old same old, while taxes on coprorations are still cut 17% or whatever. The infrastucture is interesting, especially from ISPs for broadband & faster internet & cell towers to rural America.

To be honest, I think Amazon is going to ruin American jobs moreso than Walmart ever did. Check back in 10-15 years.

Did you just miss my post lol

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Did you just miss my post lol

No I was pretty much replying to it. Didn't read many others. Re: $15, thats great, definitely a step in a right direction. How many people do you think work at a bank making much less than $15/hour though?  At a minimum I'd guess around $12, so $3 is still decent, but I'm sure its a small percentage.

$1000 bonus, I'd love to have it. But remember when W Bush gave the $300 stipend check. A minor bump in the economy.

Re: Infrastructure, that's a good step. Pushes forward technology & creates jobs (laying the wire, building towers etc). I still say it does nothing to stop or prevent overseas outsourcing.

Haha, just released: Fifth Third Bancorp just announced it will be laying off its entire American workforce & outsource entirely to the Phillipines lol.

Board footer