You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I want to make this very clear, why I'm not impressed and in fact, pretty pissed off, is that they passed this tax bill KNOWING they can't pay for it, KNOWING it was going to increase the debt. They did it knowing they were going to complain about the debt and using it, purposely, as a reason to cut the social safety net;Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. That's the big plan. Pass a tax cut we didn't need to attack and rape entitlements.

Every single political conversation I've ever had with a conservative always went to the debt and how important that was. What a bunch of liars. They could have easily passed a payroll tax cut.

Give me a minute.  I'm going to go find your post saying the exact same thing when Obamacare was passed. Do you know what page I'll find that on?

If you want to get snarky, was I not the one who criticized Obamacare for not doing anything to bring down costs and not giving a public option? That should be easier to find, buzz, check my karma, because you gave me a positive for saying it.

And, Oh hell nahhh. Everyone talked shit justifying denying Obama anything because it added to the debt. Bullshit, honkies.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I want to make this very clear, why I'm not impressed and in fact, pretty pissed off, is that they passed this tax bill KNOWING they can't pay for it, KNOWING it was going to increase the debt. They did it knowing they were going to complain about the debt and using it, purposely, as a reason to cut the social safety net;Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. That's the big plan. Pass a tax cut we didn't need to attack and rape entitlements.

Every single political conversation I've ever had with a conservative always went to the debt and how important that was. What a bunch of liars. They could have easily passed a payroll tax cut.

Give me a minute.  I'm going to go find your post saying the exact same thing when Obamacare was passed. Do you know what page I'll find that on?

If you want to get snarky, was I not the one who criticized Obamacare for not doing anything to bring down costs and not giving a public option? That should be easier to find, buzz, check my karma, because you gave me a positive for saying it.

And, Oh hell nahhh. Everyone talked shit justifying denying Obama anything because it added to the debt. Bullshit, honkies.

Honkies?  Really?  Are we 12?

So you did say it when it passed?  Or did you wait until it was so obvious that it couldn't be denied?

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I said it from the start.

And yeah, lying, backstabbing honkies, who denied Obama everything by pulling out the deficit. And now... Deficits aren't such a big deal.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I want to make this very clear, why I'm not impressed and in fact, pretty pissed off, is that they passed this tax bill KNOWING they can't pay for it, KNOWING it was going to increase the debt. They did it knowing they were going to complain about the debt and using it, purposely, as a reason to cut the social safety net;Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. That's the big plan. Pass a tax cut we didn't need to attack and rape entitlements.

Every single political conversation I've ever had with a conservative always went to the debt and how important that was. What a bunch of liars. They could have easily passed a payroll tax cut.

This is a great point!

Republicans have been using this strategy for decades. Everyone's hero Reagan engaged in egregious defect spending. No one ever acknowledges that.

The Republicans represent an echelon of society that gets to actively participate in democracy on a regular basis. I'm not just talking about voting either. Your representation is directly proportionate to your socioeconomic status. The reason that Republicans have never and will never actually care about the deficit (the elected representatives) is because they as individuals will always be fine. The government going bankrupt is just a headline to them. Ted Cruz actively said he wanted that. He wanted the government to shut down or go bankrupt because it was no skin off his ass.

Long story short, the richest people in this country are right now in the most control of the government. They don't give a shit about anyone or anything but themselves. It's a big ol' club...and nobody on this board is in it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

The richest people are ALWAYS in control of the government.  I've been saying that for years, but you guys want to keep pointing fingers at one side or the other.  If you think the Dems are poor people who give a shit about poor people, you should not be voting in any elections.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I said it from the start.

And yeah, lying, backstabbing honkies, who denied Obama everything by pulling out the deficit. And now... Deficits aren't such a big deal.

Welcome to junior high.  I guess whoever used the n word earlier in this thread shouldn't have been criticized after all.  My bad.  I guess if you're going to think liek a 12 year old, you may as well talk like one too.

It's time all of you grew up.  You've been in this thread and the other one for years fighting among yourselves and refusing to listen to any voice of reason.  Both sides are fucking you in the ass and you're just begging for more from the side you support.  I tried to bring that down to your level so you could understand it...  We're all screwed until people start to understand that both sides are playing us all and if you think otherwise, you're just as stupid as the people you keep arguing with because you think they are stupid.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I said it from the start.

And yeah, lying, backstabbing honkies, who denied Obama everything by pulling out the deficit. And now... Deficits aren't such a big deal.

Welcome to junior high.  I guess whoever used the n word earlier in this thread shouldn't have been criticized after all.  My bad.  I guess if you're going to think liek a 12 year old, you may as well talk like one too.

It's time all of you grew up.  You've been in this thread and the other one for years fighting among yourselves and refusing to listen to any voice of reason.  Both sides are fucking you in the ass and you're just begging for more from the side you support.  I tried to bring that down to your level so you could understand it...  We're all screwed until people start to understand that both sides are playing us all and if you think otherwise, you're just as stupid as the people you keep arguing with because you think they are stupid.

I'm allowed to say it, I'm a honky.

Uh, no, you're the one who doesn't listen. There have been various topics where we all find common ground and times we're at each others throat. It's because we care.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

This tax break is just fine for me.  I'll save about $4K.  I can take an extra vacation with that.  I don't care if companies make more money; that's what they exist to do. 

If you're unhappy about your place in the world, change your place.  Do something about it.  Every single person here has the opportunity to have a better life.  I'm so tired of the excuses.  I grew up with gangs.  My parents weren't together half of my childhood and were miserable when they were.  5 people survived on 20K annually that my dad used to make.  You can overcome all of these things people complain about short of being caught in a crossfire as an innocent bystander.  If you want to be in a better place, get to a better place; stop holding it against other people that are either smart enough or put in the effort to get there.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I said it from the start.

And yeah, lying, backstabbing honkies, who denied Obama everything by pulling out the deficit. And now... Deficits aren't such a big deal.

Welcome to junior high.  I guess whoever used the n word earlier in this thread shouldn't have been criticized after all.  My bad.  I guess if you're going to think liek a 12 year old, you may as well talk like one too.

It's time all of you grew up.  You've been in this thread and the other one for years fighting among yourselves and refusing to listen to any voice of reason.  Both sides are fucking you in the ass and you're just begging for more from the side you support.  I tried to bring that down to your level so you could understand it...  We're all screwed until people start to understand that both sides are playing us all and if you think otherwise, you're just as stupid as the people you keep arguing with because you think they are stupid.

I'm allowed to say it, I'm a honky.

Uh, no, you're the one who doesn't listen. There have been various topics where we all find common ground and times we're at each others throat. It's because we care.

No, it's because you don't know what you don't know but think you do.  That's the truth.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This tax break is just fine for me.  I'll save about $4K.  I can take an extra vacation with that.  I don't care if companies make more money; that's what they exist to do.

The question you do not answer in your analysis is what are you about to lose...it's not enough for me to wave around 'tax cuts' because it's a buzzword. If you don't know what you're losing in this process, then you're the one who isn't informed. This isn't necessarily the same thing for all people.

You should care that companies are getting a tax....a much bigger one than you mind you...there's no guarantee that this will benefit the American people. And that's the problem...you assume that it will. The Dems borrowed from China when we were down and out dogs. The Repubs propose doing this while things are going pretty darn well.

Please don't scold me for being childish or 'not in the know' because I'm skeptical of trusting rich people and corporations to 'put America first.'

If you're unhappy about your place in the world, change your place.  Do something about it.  Every single person here has the opportunity to have a better life.  I'm so tired of the excuses.  I grew up with gangs.  My parents weren't together half of my childhood and were miserable when they were.  5 people survived on 20K annually that my dad used to make.  You can overcome all of these things people complain about short of being caught in a crossfire as an innocent bystander.  If you want to be in a better place, get to a better place; stop holding it against other people that are either smart enough or put in the effort to get there.

My dad went to prison for sexual assault and attempted murder in 1994. I've got no excuses. I am in a better place...and I admit that a big part of my motivation came from the fact that I had no safety net....but I also ate because of food stamps and got to see a doctor because of public health care.

so I ask you...who is making excuses?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB