You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

More of the bullshit "it's okay when my team does it" - when are you going to figure it out?  Everybody is the hooray for me and fuck you crowd.  The sooner you figure that out, the sooner you'll start to understand why this system of politics isn't working any more.

What system? This is the way it’s been for all of my adult life. I have no recollection of a time where almost everything that’s been going on hadn’t been totally fuked. I’ve always assumed this is the only way it can be.

The first election i was old enough to be aware of and understand was Gore v. Bush. I remember a people so divided that it tools months to be sure who won.

I remember that being a culmination of people being so upset about what Bill did in the White House abusing his power with women. When i learned that the man beating the war drum against Clinton and the Democrats was an even more sleazy man in Newt Gingrich...Gingrich, a man who traded wives in to the pot like he was playing ‘go-fish.’

In my life...almost everything political from the national level has been a joke. From 9/11 and the stupid response by bush and a never ending Iraq war to the economy crashing and bailing out the assholes that fucked us over.

The only glimmer of a good idea that i could ever get behind was the healthcare overhaul. Otherwise, everything else has been utter shit for the better part of 20 years.

So i ask again...what system else is there?

The system used to work; it's not my fault you're too young to remember that.  They used to work together for 3 years, then fight for one when the presidential election was happening.  I was young then (Reagan is the first President I have a memory of and honestly the first thing I remember was the assassination attempt).  That probably ended with the Clinton impeachment, though I didn't really notice it until later as I wasn't paying much attention to politics at the time. 

I think we need a third party...I've thought that for a while.  Just something to force more working together for ALL of the people instead of pandering to the extremes on both sides.  No healthcare overhaul is going to work until they address the escalating costs.  It's like a game right now.  Insurance companies negotiate costs down, so providers do things like requiring additional office visits or tests to make up the money they are losing.  Obamacare did nothing to address the actual problem; all it did was forcefeed feelgood things that aren't sustainable.  I'm 100% for true healthcare reform.  That doesn't mean single payer and that doesn't mean the gov't running everything.  That means addressing the cost of healthcare.  I don't know what the answer is.  I know limiting lawsuits on malpractice would help, but that alone won't solve it.  Drugs are ridiculously expensive.  Premiums are ridiculously expensive.  Deductibles are ridiculously high to the point that even work policies are little more than catastrophic care plans.  The insurance companies aren't the issue; the gov't regulates how much they can profit on premiums, and it's not a lot.  They make their money investing the premiums, so with the market doing so well, of course their profits are up.

I am fine with the tax cuts.  They help most people.  They will not make it as-is to expiration.  I am not a fan of all the panicking without knowing what is going to happen.  If you have to pass it to see what it is was good enough for our healthcare, it's fine for this.  If they follow this up by finding a way to limit people living off of the gov't, I am fine with that.  If they follow this with attacking social security and other programs that people have paid into, that's not going to fly.  Let's see what happens before flipping out for once.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Merry Christmas doofuses.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Merry Christmas doofuses.

Merry Christmas!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Should I worry about a hurricane after it hits my home?

What negotiation? How are they going to pay for it? They already said slashing entitlements is the only way.

When there's a hurricane predicted by a meteorologist to hit your house, sure.  Right now you're sitting around with no meteorology knowledge or experience predicting a hurricane hitting your house though, and that's idiotic.

I'm in the middle of a vacation so I've been absent. Let me say this, I'm from Florida, I'm not a weather man but experience makes me smarter than the average bear.

I'm not against tax cuts, I'm not anti pro America, but I know the games politicians play. And when Paul Ryan as s he's going after entitlements next, I believe him. That's why he just made a hole in the debt.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Should I worry about a hurricane after it hits my home?

What negotiation? How are they going to pay for it? They already said slashing entitlements is the only way.

When there's a hurricane predicted by a meteorologist to hit your house, sure.  Right now you're sitting around with no meteorology knowledge or experience predicting a hurricane hitting your house though, and that's idiotic.

I'm in the middle of a vacation so I've been absent. Let me say this, I'm from Florida, I'm not a weather man but experience makes me smarter than the average bear.

I'm not against tax cuts, I'm not anti pro America, but I know the games politicians play. And when Paul Ryan as s he's going after entitlements next, I believe him. That's why he just made a hole in the debt.

We're not talking about the weather though; we're talking about something you know nothing about, yet you're in full panic mode already because of something somebody said.  Let's see what happens.  People like me aren't going to support SS going away, so wait and see what happens.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Our whole system is fucked. We will likely get a recession before too long.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Our whole system is fucked. We will likely get a recession before too long.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

AT&T might be giving out bonuses, but it’s also firing a healthy chunk of people. http://www.newsweek.com/christmas-att-l … ump-758391

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We're not talking about the weather though; we're talking about something you know nothing about, yet you're in full panic mode already because of something somebody said.  Let's see what happens.  People like me aren't going to support SS going away, so wait and see what happens.

I'm not panicking, I'm seeing reality.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow, retailers are feeling the holiday cheer!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/retailers- … 1514243102

Board footer