You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

How about we investigate Mueller and the gov't for killing the folks in Waco, Texas... There is some fucked up shit that went down there.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

I don’t believe that you three would care only under this exact circumstance.

Of course we care.  We just realize that no one, and I mean no one has come forth with anything to substantiate the claim of collusion.  And the silence and lack of outcry that Clinton's team did much worse and actually paid Russian intelligence for dirt and actually "colluded" with Russia.  SLC couldn't give a fuck about that because she's not a Republican.  If you can find a post where he applies all his fantasies to her, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.  But you won't, because as you pointed out, none of you give a fuck about collusion "under this exact circumstance" when it's Hillary.  I won't speak for anyone else, but you won't see me chanting "lock her up" or demanding there be some kind of investigation (with the one exception being a very long rant where I was obviously making a parody because of the lack of outcry from those who want Trump impeached) into Hillary.  The only thing I've said deserves to be looked at is how the Steele Dossier inspired the initial investigation into Flynn/Manafort/etc.  I do find it troubling that there's a lot more evidence Obama's DoJ obstructed Justice and an FBI agent may have been trying to create a backup plan to keep Trump out.  I'm not claiming these things happened, but just as I advocated a special investigator look into Trump for the security of the Republic, I think the FBI should at least consider wrongdoing occurred from Lynch to the agent in question.

Nothing happened.  Trump didn't collude with Russia.  His team didn't collude with Russia to hack the DNC (you know, the servers they still refuse to let the FBI look at for a totally innocent yet unexplained reason) or anything else.  If getting/wanting dirt on your political opponent from foreign agents is now a capital crime, I ask again, why are none of you demanding Hillary face justice?  It's certainly not because there's a lack of circumstantial evidence that suggest illegal behavior could have occurred.

The same thing is happening now that has happened for a year.  Some random piece of information is "discovered" and a bunch of internet sleuths conjure up behavior that links it to unproven unscrupulous actions.  It COULD be true in the same way that it could be true I'm Donald Trump or Slash posting on a GN'R message board.  But no evidence has been put forth that I'm Slash or that Trump worked with Putin.  Just random noise that people try to tie together into some very large and elaborate conspiracy.  That's why it's not lost on me the people who buy into this particular conspiracy also are more inclined to believe 9/11 was an inside job and not a single soul has the conscious or mortal fortitude to come forward.  I guess some people see a Republican and imagine a Bond villain in cahoots with the Illuminati.  Which is really where these ideas fall apart.  You can't be a huge buffoon who incriminates himself on twitter and simultaneously be the craftiest mother fucker to walk the earth and pull the greatest caper of all time without a trace.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Based on what's actually happened I wouldn't care under any circumstance so far.  I'll reassess if/when more facts become available, but so far it's the same as Clinton, so if Clinton is okay with you I am not going to worry about Trump.

Randall Flagg

I honestly wonder how much of this a direct result of Russian meddling?  This is what Russia wanted.  If you talk about worst case scenario (for America) in Russia's meddling, the President elected is handicapped by conspiracy and the country is ripped in half.  Hmmmm? 

Do you think for a second Trump wouldn't have made a scene if Clinton won?  He attacked the legitimacy of the vote that ELECTED HIM president!  This is the guy who ran on the birther crazies for years!  I don't doubt for a second if Trump had lost, he'd trump (pun intended) Roy Moore being a sore loser.  He'd still be making press conferences on his next steps to unseat Clinton and have him put in place.

You think he'd keep relatively quiet like Clinton has?  Sure, she released a book and did some interviews.  But she's largely remained silent on Trump.  Do you think he'd be silent?  He'd be on Alex Jones, YouTube and every major news outlet (their love of the ratings never bit them in the ass if Clinton won) as often as they'd have him to badmouth her and the direction of the country.  He'd motherfuck Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell as faggots in everything but name, attacking whatever direction they went.  It'd be the tantrum of epic proportions and the media would film every second of it, hungry for the millions of goons who ate the bait up. 

And the tea baggers on crack that are the Trumpites, would do everything they could to muck up the political process and question the legitimacy of Clinton's presidency.  Just see who has come out now, "emboldened" Trump won.  A bunch of far right neckbeards worried about a fucking statue with a good dose of white nationalism.  Imagine if the mainstream Trumpites were as "emboldened" by Clinton stealing the Presidency by paying Russia to make the Steele Dossier that is all made up.  That's what a Clinton Presidency would look like.  It'd be fucking Chaos with Clinton and the Republican Congress trying to get shit done.  And how willing are McConnell and Ryan going to be if Clinton seeks out a liberal agenda?

Gridlock.  Immobilized by indecision.  That's what Russia wants.  They don't want to fuck with our financial markets.  They rely on the USD too.  Having a handicapped United States allows Russia more flexibility to accomplish its goals.  No one worked with Russia.  No one.  No one actually sat down with a KGB operative and planned how to use Russia's intelligence wing to help them win the election.  Yes, Clinton's team paid for any intel Russia would share.  Yes, Trump's team attempted to get dirt from someone claiming to have Russian intel.  Neither of them actively worked with Russia to plan and execute a joint exercise to win the election.  And that's really what the Russian Conspiracy Fanboys think happened.

Trump shocked EVERYONE and beat Clinton.  The markets instantly dropped because it was unexpected.  People were so confident that Clinton would win, the absurdity and chance of Trump winning dumbfounded nearly every analyst in the world.  Russia didn't want that.  Sure, they made sure there were loose connections to both of them so either side could tear the other apart with accusations of conspiracy.  The same thing happened on virtually both sides.  We all know this.

A Clinton Presidency gets nothing done that isn't highly publicized, forced and most importantly, planned.  Russia can predict every move and revel in the dead lock that's existed since at least 2014.  None of our debates go away.  We still have Obamacare and a SCOTUS judge.  We still have mass shootings. We just have Clinton advocating for tighter gun control and Republicans and the NRA screaming "fuck no!" and generating another rallying cry to cripple Clinton.  You still have a Nuclear North Korea shooting missiles.  Wikipedia says they had 12 missile related events under Obama.  Yes, absolutely, Trump has had 17 in just a year (which should really make us discuss the situation), but the problem doesn't go away.  Clinton still has to deal with it.  It doesn't go away.  We're just 2 parties fighting the other to rule the country while fighting for the courts.

So yea.  Russia accomplished its goal.  They just didn't see Trump winning and actually getting some minor things done that keep the lights on while improving the stock market.  He's still handicapped, people are still bitching about the disparity of money and labor, but the bankers and wealthy get a little bit more and it looks like a lot of us will get a little bit more too.  One less item to distract us from the more interesting ones. 

People bitching about the legitimacy of Trump's presidency and claiming conspiracy are doing exactly what Russia wanted.  Create a distraction that slows down any real change and handicaps America as a nation.  This isn't an attack on being skeptical and not willing to accept every morsel "the elite" hand to us.  I'm just saying this dog don't hunt and if you're part of the machinations seeding division, you're doing exactly what Russia wanted.  I won't be a part of it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Based on what's actually happened I wouldn't care under any circumstance so far.  I'll reassess if/when more facts become available, but so far it's the same as Clinton, so if Clinton is okay with you I am not going to worry about Trump.

It's just as I said they would... Ignore these fools^^^.

It's nothing similar. There is an actual investigation with Trump, indictments, arrests and plea deals with more in the pipeline. There is an abundance evidence coming forth.

With Hillary? Nothing.

There's a reason for that, and it's not "bias."

But keep telling yourself that as the Trump saga unfolds.

I also guarantee you, 100%, that neither one of them read the article.

Here it is again:

How the Russia Inquiry Began: A Campaign Aide, Drinks and Talk of Political Dirt

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/p … oulos.html

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

The Republicans’ Fake Investigations

A generation ago, Republicans sought to protect President Richard Nixon by urging the Senate Watergate committee to look at supposed wrongdoing by Democrats in previous elections. The committee chairman, Sam Ervin, a Democrat, said that would be “as foolish as the man who went bear hunting and stopped to chase rabbits.”

Today, amid a growing criminal inquiry into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, congressional Republicans are again chasing rabbits. We know because we’re their favorite quarry.

In the year since the publication of the so-called Steele dossier — the collection of intelligence reports we commissioned about Donald Trump’s ties to Russia — the president has repeatedly attacked us on Twitter. His allies in Congress have dug through our bank records and sought to tarnish our firm to punish us for highlighting his links to Russia. Conservative news outlets and even our former employer, The Wall Street Journal, have spun a succession of mendacious conspiracy theories about our motives and backers.

We are happy to correct the record. In fact, we already have.

Three congressional committees have heard over 21 hours of testimony from our firm, Fusion GPS. In those sessions, we toppled the far right’s conspiracy theories and explained how The Washington Free Beacon and the Clinton campaign — the Republican and Democratic funders of our Trump research — separately came to hire us in the first place.

We walked investigators through our yearlong effort to decipher Mr. Trump’s complex business past, of which the Steele dossier is but one chapter. And we handed over our relevant bank records — while drawing the line at a fishing expedition for the records of companies we work for that have nothing to do with the Trump case.

Continue reading the main story
Republicans have refused to release full transcripts of our firm’s testimony, even as they selectively leak details to media outlets on the far right. It’s time to share what our company told investigators.

We don’t believe the Steele dossier was the trigger for the F.B.I.’s investigation into Russian meddling. As we told the Senate Judiciary Committee in August, our sources said the dossier was taken so seriously because it corroborated reports the bureau had received from other sources, including one inside the Trump camp.

The intelligence committees have known for months that credible allegations of collusion between the Trump camp and Russia were pouring in from independent sources during the campaign. Yet lawmakers in the thrall of the president continue to wage a cynical campaign to portray us as the unwitting victims of Kremlin disinformation.

We suggested investigators look into the bank records of Deutsche Bank and others that were funding Mr. Trump’s businesses. Congress appears uninterested in that tip: Reportedly, ours are the only bank records the House Intelligence Committee has subpoenaed.

We told Congress that from Manhattan to Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., and from Toronto to Panama, we found widespread evidence that Mr. Trump and his organization had worked with a wide array of dubious Russians in arrangements that often raised questions about money laundering. Likewise, those deals don’t seem to interest Congress.

We explained how, from our past journalistic work in Europe, we were deeply familiar with the political operative Paul Manafort’s coziness with Moscow and his financial ties to Russian oligarchs close to Vladimir Putin.

Finally, we debunked the biggest canard being pushed by the president’s men — the notion that we somehow knew of the June 9, 2016, meeting in Trump Tower between some Russians and the Trump brain trust. We first learned of that meeting from news reports last year — and the committees know it. They also know that these Russians were unaware of the former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele’s work for us and were not sources for his reports.

Yes, we hired Mr. Steele, a highly respected Russia expert. But we did so without informing him whom we were working for and gave him no specific marching orders beyond this basic question: Why did Mr. Trump repeatedly seek to do deals in a notoriously corrupt police state that most serious investors shun?

What came back shocked us. Mr. Steele’s sources in Russia (who were not paid) reported on an extensive — and now confirmed — effort by the Kremlin to help elect Mr. Trump president. Mr. Steele saw this as a crime in progress and decided he needed to report it to the F.B.I.

We did not discuss that decision with our clients, or anyone else. Instead, we deferred to Mr. Steele, a trusted friend and intelligence professional with a long history of working with law enforcement. We did not speak to the F.B.I. and haven’t since.

After the election, Mr. Steele decided to share his intelligence with Senator John McCain via an emissary. We helped him do that. The goal was to alert the United States national security community to an attack on our country by a hostile foreign power. We did not, however, share the dossier with BuzzFeed, which to our dismay published it last January.

We’re extremely proud of our work to highlight Mr. Trump’s Russia ties. To have done so is our right under the First Amendment.

It is time to stop chasing rabbits. The public still has much to learn about a man with the most troubling business past of any United States president. Congress should release transcripts of our firm’s testimony, so that the American people can learn the truth about our work and most important, what happened to our democracy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/opin … &smtyp=cur

Randall Flagg

SLC says there’s nothing to see here guys. I know I trust his standard of evidence.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat … andling-of

I over 9000% guarantee he won’t read this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't bother reading any of the crap he posts because it's always as slanted as he is.  The bias oozes from him even when he's trying to hide it.  He is exactly what he complains about others being, yet he continues to complain about it. 

I listened to him for a while.  I did.  When it became obvious that he was just using talking points while complaining about others using talking points (even when they aren't), I just shut it out.  I can have my next response to him posted before he posts anything and it will be spot on...

Randall Flagg

Fascinating read from the forthcoming Wolff book:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 … trump.html

Board footer