You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I don't think that's a confession of the writer making things up, but saying he thinks some of the quotes given to him were lies and he's sorting through it, with who he believes are credible, to put forth the truth. Two of the people interviewed who were quoted in the book are not saying it's false, just the context was misinterpreted. That says to me they know there are tapes and are covering their asses as much as possible.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

About Wolf, I saw a lady on MSNBC that was definitely not a trump fan or a republican saying Wolf had a bad reputation etc. and was shocked when he said he has written millions of words and never had to issue a correction.  She said that was a straight up lie.

I am not saying Trump deserves any credit, but noting most folks are doing "okay" even with this "worst president ever" in office.  The stock market was going up, but Trump has gotten credit for the real surge due to deregulation and the tax plan.  That is because of Trump.

I don't think our economy is truly back.  Money is cheap.  It needs to stay cheap.  I worry we are becoming a service industry nation. Which why some of cling to manufacturing as better representation of the economy.  But manufacturing is on the rise.  So that IS good.  Pay raises are happening too.  We are at 4.1% unemployment, which I still think is a bullshit number because they stop counting folks after like 24 months or something. 

I think things are improving.  They would have improved under Hillary too. BUT, UNDER TRUMP I THINK HE ACCELERATED THINGS with big talk and bravado and false confidence.  People became confident because he was confident.  I believe that.  So people feel better even if they think he is a damn clown.  Which he often is.

Sessions and this drug shit.. Just another reason I told you all over a year ago he would be terrible.  He hates drugs and immigrants.

Mattis, Tillerson, Nikki Haley, John Kelly, McMaster, I like these folks.  They are competent.

I am glad Bannon is gone. Kushner needs to be gone too.  Conway is a blooming idiot. Mike Pence is measured and stable, so he is okay with me.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Here...I'm gonna give Trump (or someone in his admin) credit...

I'm glad they're taking away funding from Pakistan. They've been playing both sides of the table for too long There a couple other countries in that region that they should do the same with.

Wow, look at Mitch saying something positive!  Over all, most Americans lives are okay and or getting better but Trump is so hated, nobody notices.

Over all, most Americans lives are okay and or getting better but *Obama is so hated, nobody notices.

big_smile

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Here...I'm gonna give Trump (or someone in his admin) credit...

I'm glad they're taking away funding from Pakistan. They've been playing both sides of the table for too long There a couple other countries in that region that they should do the same with.

Wow, look at Mitch saying something positive!  Over all, most Americans lives are okay and or getting better but Trump is so hated, nobody notices.

Over all, most Americans lives are okay and or getting better but *Obama is so hated, nobody notices.

big_smile

Obama was so fucking divisive.  I have noticed the protests and BLM and all that shit has calmed the fuck down.  Wonder why. I guess the #metoo movement took too much of their attention.  But now that seems to be fading too... Hopefully Russia fades too and we can focus on real shit instead of these faux issues.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

big_smile

Obama was so fucking divisive.  I have noticed the protests and BLM and all that shit has calmed the fuck down.  Wonder why. I guess the #metoo movement took too much of their attention.  But now that seems to be fading too... Hopefully Russia fades too and we can focus on real shit instead of these faux issues.

That is an absolute lie. He was divisive according to people who hated him. He was a politician, he had his warts, but he was a moderate who was hated by the left. You forget that shit. Bernie and Move On wanted him primaried. They all changed their tune when he left office.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

big_smile

Trump is divisive as fuck

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

big_smile

The protests have calmed down.  I agree he is polarizing... 

I think Sessions and Eric Holder were/are both huge problems for each pres and that both cause division.  Sessions seems to go after bullshit crime/pot/immigrants. Holder came off as anti cop, pro black.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think Sessions and Eric Holder were/are both huge problems for each pres and that both cause division.  Sessions seems to go after bullshit crime/pot/immigrants. Holder came off as anti cop, pro black.

Never saw it as pro black...just pro equality

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Protests have calmed down now, but some of the biggest protest marches in recent memory were directly to counter Trump. The women’s march was a worldwide event; the march for science because Trump doesn’t believe in it; hundreds of thousands marched in protest of his climate policy; a hundred thousand more were in the march for truth.

Honestly, the BLM protests pale in comparison to the huge protests under Trump.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Climate change is a joke.  The climate has always been changing...long before man was here.  So of course climate change is real, but the question nobody can answer is how much of it is man made.  People(scientists) throw out hypothesis after hypothesis as fact while quoting scientific research, but do they have a control planet earth somewhere?  The real scientific answer is they don't know, but that doesn't get them more research money.

I believe climate change is real.  I believe man has some level of impact on it.  I also believe scientists have inflated that amount of impact to keep themselves employed.  Every ridiculous prediction has been exaggerated, and often grossly so.  They fall back on inexact science every time it doesn't happen, yet every prediction is still doom and gloom.  They created the doubters themselves and even if you don't believe that they have certainly given them ammunition.

Board footer