You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Didn't even get that far.  You discredited your entire post with the beginning.

I'm not an Obama basher, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

You bash him constantly...you're doing it in this very post.

He fucked up healthcare. That's his legacy and he deserves every criticism he gets for it.

I disagree...as someone who is healthy (I'm guessing) you might see it as a failure...but I know people who are now getting much better healthcare that actually needs it. But being that you seem to lean conservative, I'm guessing you lack a lot of empathy toward anyone outside the of 6 inches surrounding you.

You're probably right on the economy.  I was thinking backwards...Clinton destroyed the economy by creating the conditions that led to the housing and .com bubbles and when they burst (as they were going to because the math didn't work) everyone blamed Bush.  The damage was done already.

So Clinton destroyed W’s economy, but gets no credit for 8 years of phenomal growth from 1992-2000? If we’re to believe that, then I guess you’re saying H.W. gets the credit for Clinton’s economy? Then who gets the blame for the terrible H.W. economy? Reagan? And who made Reagan’s economy look good? Carter?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What did Bush do that caused a housing recession? You guys need to fuck off. What did bush do that caused the tech bubble?

Bush fucked up with the War. Period. End of Fucking story. The War didn’t cause the Great Recession. The housing market did. The housing bubble didn’t start due to Bush. This is really stupid shit I am fucking reading here. Bush’s admin tried to curtail the housing recession and the Dems told him to pound sand.

President Trump has caused the stock market to skyrocket. Why you ask? Cause he promised deregulation and tax cuts. The market would be around 19 to 20 k under Hillary. So yes, it would have gone up some, but went up more because of actions Trump took

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What did Bush do that caused a housing recession? You guys need to fuck off. What did bush do that caused the tech bubble?

Bush fucked up with the War. Period. End of Fucking story. The War didn’t cause the Great Recession. The housing market did. The housing bubble didn’t start due to Bush. This is really stupid shit I am fucking reading here. Bush’s admin tried to curtail the housing recession and the Dems told him to pound sand.

President Trump has caused the stock market to skyrocket. Why you ask? Cause he promised deregulation and tax cuts. The market would be around 19 to 20 k under Hillary. So yes, it would have gone up some, but went up more because of actions Trump took

Hey, I’m just following your logic. Everything good that happened during a Democratic president was due to the Republican before him. Except, of course, Trump, who is inheriting nothing from Obama. That means Trump created fewer jobs in 2017 than most of Obama’s years. Stock market is only one indicator of the economy.

That’s your logic. Own it or don’t.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

In my opinion, the most predictive indicator of a boom then bust economy is deregulation.

The thing is though...if/when that happens under Trumps watch...it’ll be Obama’s fault somehow won’t it?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Stock market rose under obama

Stock market is skyrocketing under trump. Even libs give Trump credit for the record increase. Up like 8,000 points under trump. In one year. OBama was up 9,000 points over 8 years

It nearly tripled under Obama, so it'd need to hit nearly 50,000 under Trump for ppl to triple their money. Doubt it happens, bet it's no higher than 25k when he's out.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just like the recession wasn’t Bush’s fault the rise of the market wasn’t due to Obama policy. BUT, this past year’s rise had a lot to do with trump. That can’t be denied.

This is absurd. I dare anybody to try to make a more partisan statement.

Markets down - Republican in office - Not his fault.
Markets up - Democrats in office - He did nothing to contribute to it.
Markets up for 11 months after 8 years of rise - Republican in office - Entirely due to his new policies.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Stock market is skyrocketing under trump. Even libs give Trump credit for the record increase. Up like 8,000 points under trump. In one year. OBama was up 9,000 points over 8 years

It nearly tripled under Obama, so it'd need to hit nearly 50,000 under Trump for ppl to triple their money. Doubt it happens, bet it's no higher than 25k when he's out.

Please stop

The market fell quickly because people cashed out due to the housing crash etc. the people that pulled their money out put their money back in. And now they are putting even more money in and also new money is coming in. The market had nowhere to go but up. Same with the Economy. It is bigger than any one President.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Only 2 things historically effect the market. Monetary and fiscal policy. Under Obama the fed’s monetary policy was to keep rates at zero. Under Trump he fed is raising rates. The fiscal policy is also changing under trump with huge tax cuts. Obama’s fiscal policy was to end the Bush tax cut and kept the rest of the rates pretty much the same. Only think Trump and Obama admins can do really is fiscal policy with the help of Congress and the Senate. The fed does what they see fit but are aware of all external forces and factors etc. which is why the kept rates at zero for so long. We needed cheap money to climb out of that hole.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Clinton destroyed the economy by creating the conditions that led to the housing and .com bubbles and when they burst (as they were going to because the math didn't work) everyone blamed Bush.  .

Housing bubble wasn't Clinton. Bush lowered interest rates post 9/11 to stimulate the economy. Also remember derivatives.

As for .com bust, sure that was Clinton's reign but that was also the market balancing itself out. The net was New, and ppl invested like the oil rush but companies hadn't figured out how to turn a profit yet (CDNow, Calendars.com, Pets.com etc). They did eventually, just it was all speculative at first. Imagine betting on Amazon early on.

Anyway, you can kiss any .com startups goodbye thanks to net neutrality. Amazon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Spotify, Pandora etc would never have had the chance. I think we're better of with and dependant on them. However I suppose republicans think our lives were better watching cable tv and listening to the radio. Goodbye innovation.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Please stop

The market fell quickly because people cashed out due to the housing crash etc. the people that pulled their money out put their money back in. And now they are putting even more money in and also new money is coming in. The market had nowhere to go but up. Same with the Economy. It is bigger than any one President.

Lets wait till 2020, dont count ur chickens before they hatch.

Board footer