You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Before anyone tries to blame this on Dem obstruction (laughable at its face), several Dems voted for the bill and several GOP voted against it.

This just shows how incapable of leading Trump, Ryan and McConnel are. They couldn’t repeal ACA; barely passed the tax plan and can’t pass a budget.

And what are they using as pawns? Kids, both American kids (CHIP) and immigrant kids (DACA).

Told you my boy from Alabama would vote for Alabama!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sam Stein saying Trump had a deal with Shumer hours before shutdown and Kelly killed it. Can we now stop pretending Kelly is the grown up in the room?

Just to defend the shithole comments, coming from Florida, Trump is right. Look up Little Haiti Crime and tell me you think it's okay to bring more of that into the country. Why bring an influx of poverty and unskilled workers here when low skill jobs are shrinking? All it does is eat up resources and erode an already substandard education system. Bill Maher had a great segment about how strict Canada is with their immigration, and it's something to consider, strongly.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So the Democratic Party shut down the government because they care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens. To include our military and healthcare for children. Let that sink in before you do the mental gymnastics to blame Republicans. You can’t blame Republicans all the time. You can’t blame the GOP for the shut downs under Obama and give Democrats a free pass now.

Be an adult. The DNC just shot themselves in the foot. This only hurts them in November when every incumbent has attack ads showing they voted to fuck over Americans to help illegals.

Brilliant.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sam Stein saying Trump had a deal with Shumer hours before shutdown and Kelly killed it. Can we now stop pretending Kelly is the grown up in the room?

Just to defend the shithole comments, coming from Florida, Trump is right. Look up Little Haiti Crime and tell me you think it's okay to bring more of this into the country. Why bring an influx of poverty and unskilled workers here when low skill jobs are shrinking? All it does is eat up resources and erode an already substandard education system. Bill Maher had a great segment about how strict Canada is with their immigration, and it's something to consider, strongly.

Last night on the panel, nobody liked Trump, but the British man was saying some facts and the lady next to Maher hates Trump so much she refused to believe him. His point was 2017 the economy got better for “most” people. She didn’t want to hear any of it. She seemed ridiculous.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So the Democratic Party shut down the government because they care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens. To include our military and healthcare for children. Let that sink in before you do the mental gymnastics to blame Republicans. You can’t blame Republicans all the time. You can’t blame the GOP for the shut downs under Obama and give Democrats a free pass now.

Be an adult. The DNC just shot themselves in the foot. This only hurts them in November when every incumbent has attack ads showing they voted to fuck over Americans to help illegals.

Brilliant.

I agree with you, HOWEVER, at deal was too be had but Steven Miller, kelly, and Cotton would not let it happen. But like your said. They can still work on that. DACA wasn’t ending last night.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just to defend the shithole comments, coming from Florida, Trump is right. Look up Little Haiti Crime and tell me you think it's okay to bring more of this into the country. Why bring an influx of poverty and unskilled workers here when low skill jobs are shrinking? All it does is eat up resources and erode an already substandard education system. Bill Maher had a great segment about how strict Canada is with their immigration, and it's something to consider, strongly.

Last night on the panel, nobody liked Trump, but the British man was saying some facts and the lady next to Maher hates Trump so much she refused to believe him. His point was 2017 the economy got better for “most” people. She didn’t want to hear any of it. She seemed ridiculous.

Andrew Sullivan. Great episode. Sullivan forced Maher to drop the subject once Sullivan addressed immigration (because once you forego “you’re mean”, the Democratic position collapses.) And then Maher went after the far left to include Gillibrand for having no common sense of sexual assault.

How long until McConnel ends the filibuster?  I’m against it, but it would truly relegate the Democrats to the back of the bus. Al Green and James Brown along with Pocohontas being the face of the Democrats only helps Republicans.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I missed the immigration part. What exactly was said about it and Canada?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I think that's sorta why the Dems are playing hardball, they know it plays to their favor. Rightly or wrongly, it's a political manuever. Republicans got all they wanted in tax reform, so they were willing to cooperate, as was Trump, who even agreed to 'working with Dems' on the budget. Until Trump was reminded he promised his voters 'Mexico will pay for the wall' and the Democrats provided zero funding for any sort of wall. Trump threw a fit, and now wants the wall in the budget. Dems are just saying there's going to be no funding for a stupid wall.

Randall Flagg wrote:

So the Democratic Party shut down the government because they care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens.

Yeah, its solely the Dems fault. Nevermind the fact Trump agreed to 'Letting both sides settle it out and signing whatever they put forward'. They put something forward, and Trump has refused to sign it. Because there's no stupid wall that Mexico isn't going to pay for, yet Trump promised America that he would get that done.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat … -resurface

Let's take a look at how Trump handled the 2013 shutdown on Fox & Friends: “Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump said. “I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”

He said that further down in history, “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

“They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington,” Trump said.

“So I really think the pressure is on the president,” he added.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I think the thinking is to pivot every Republican against Trumps 'Mexico's going to pay for the wall' comment when 2 years later it's seen as a loss for Republicans that Mexico isn't going to pay for a wall, and Repubs will have to distance themselves from Trump & Trumps stupid comments.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How long until McConnel ends the filibuster?  I’m against it, but it would truly relegate the Democrats to the back of the bus. Al Green and James Brown along with Pocohontas being the face of the Democrats only helps Republicans.

I don't think it's a 'Filibuster'. They NEED 60 votes, so Republicans HAVE to make some sacrifices to get the 9 extra votes. You just don't demand what you want and make others vote with you. That's not how it works that's not how it ever worked.

A filibuster I believe is when the votes are there, but someone speaks indefinitely on the floor (days) so no vote can ever be taken or the weekend comes etc.

Board footer