You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

I don't know. If I'm being honest, I've had a hard time justifying a vote for Trump.  Good business man or not, the guy is a tool. He wants to come across as the common man, and at times I bet he believes that, but this guy has wanted for nothing his entire life and lives the life of a king. He's never had to compromise in any way he couldn't claim a victory.

I hate Hillary. I think she's a condescending, manipulative, conniving cunt. But she realizes how the world works. World leaders like her and respect her.  She can play lip service to the progressives, but she governs from the middle. She's going to want to do what Obama wouldn't/couldn't, and that's work with the GOP to get shit done.  That'll be her "fuck you" to him winning in '08.

In the end, that's much more important than sending a big "fuck you" to political correctness and apologizing for wanting America to maintain its culture and pride.   The idea of Trump dealing with Putin terrifies me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't know. If I'm being honest, I've had a hard time justifying a vote for Trump.  Good business man or not, the guy is a tool. He wants to come across as the common man, and at times I bet he believes that, but this guy has wanted for nothing his entire life and lives the life of a king. He's never had to compromise in any way he couldn't claim a victory.

I hate Hillary. I think she's a condescending, manipulative, conniving cunt. But she realizes how the world works. World leaders like her and respect her.  She can play lip service to the progressives, but she governs from the middle. She's going to want to do what Obama wouldn't/couldn't, and that's work with the GOP to get shit done.  That'll be her "fuck you" to him winning in '08.

In the end, that's much more important than sending a big "fuck you" to political correctness and apologizing for wanting America to maintain its culture and pride.   The idea of Trump dealing with Putin terrifies me.

RF, did you just announce you are voting for Clinton?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have heard this same thing so many times by Republicans voting for Clinton.

I agree with a lot of what you say here, but I do like Hillary and always have. I supported her over Obama and I still think she should have won. Yes, I know all of her short comings, but politics is a snake pit and you have to be a certain type of snake to survive and thrive in it, and she's a viper. We've seen what happens when nice guys take office, like Carter. And Obama. But unlike Carter, Obama is a brilliant speaker who can gather support like no other. Hillary does not have that ability, and is more Nixon than JFK. I said it before, I detest lawyers, but if I'm in a law suit I'm not hiring Mr. Rogers, I'm hiring the most vicious, conniving shark I can find.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

One big difference.

Hillary got rich and created nothing.

Trump got rich because he took chance and built things.

To the common man, it appears Trump "worked" harder and Hillary got rich from private interests, like Wall Street, etc.

Hillary went to public schools, actually worked her way from being the one of the first female presidents of the young Republicans, worked on campaigns, and volunteered to help the poor, tobeing a very good attorney. She went to Yale law school because she was academically off the charts. Became a law professor at the university of Arkansas, put her own political ambitions on hold to support Bill, while she went to work at one of the most prestigious law firms in Arkansas, while continuing to help him in his political aspirations and doing pro bono work at the same time. She was being encouraged to run for office before she met Bill. To say she didn't work as hard is wrong. Trump was literally born into a real estate mogul family. That's what drives me nuts.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tim Kaine is very rude and a hot head.

Mike Pence is really enjoyable to listen too.

Kaine really is talking like such a poser. Pence speaks with conviction.

I think Pence should be the actual president.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pence is a douche ... lol ... he has a face u could just punch

Can't believe u would trust that guy...u watching the same debate as me?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'll ask again, how many people here think they could take a dollar and turn it into $1000?  $100?

In my opinion the old adage "it takes money to make money" is very true.

It's proportionally a lot easier to turn $100,000 into $1,000,000 than it is to turn $1 into $1000 as you need a certain level of money to invest in most projects before they can turn a profit.

Randall Flagg wrote:

The idea of Trump dealing with Putin terrifies me.

That's my problem too.

I don't really like Hillary at all - and while Trump is fun in that he speaks his mind in this politically correct age - he just doesn't seem like a guy with the tact and skills to handle negotiations and debates with world leaders on issues of world safety.

I'm worried he might get in as a protest vote against the system but then we'll have a guy in who could literally accidentally start world war 3.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Even the liberal channels say Pence won. Pence was the better debater.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tim Kaine is very rude and a hot head.

Mike Pence is really enjoyable to listen too.

Kaine really is talking like such a poser. Pence speaks with conviction.

I think Pence should be the actual president.

I didn't watch it all, but what I saw I think Kaine was too scripted and Pence was good on his feet. But I agree with the announcers that Pence upstaged Trump and simultaneously buried him by not defending him several times, even contradicting him. I think Pence was marketing Pence for 2020.

Trouble for Pence is that his record as governor is absolutely scary as he legislates from the Bible and is not a friend of civil liberties. And yeah, he wouldn't answer several questions and his constant faces and head shaking was worse than Gore's sighs. I support neemo punching him in the face.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

If you are a conservative and watched the debate you had to be impressed with Mike Pence. Tim Kaine was an embarrassment. He was very rude.. He was effective in a couple moments. He did his job.

Board footer