You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Should we raise the age to buy a gun to 25????

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Good places to start, fellas.

A lot of these dudes end up being domestic abusers as well. Same with this guy and his girlfriend. Anyone wrapped up in that should be red-flagged for a gun purchase.

I like standing, no-questions-asked gun buybacks. Sure, murderers won’t turn theirs in, but maybe someone turns one in that might have been stolen one day and used in a crime. It’s something.

You’ve heard me say this again and again here: legalize pot and some other drugs. Fewer reasons to have guns for gangs. Use the tax money from pot to increase mental health services.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What do you know, white power wasn’t involved.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2 … 341751002/

Listen man...you and your ilk just 12 months ago closed the borders to certain countries, regions...people....because you said they were the problem. You as in...the Trump base.

That context was framed and put into focus by the current political party (and their supporters) in office. Did he not lead us to believe that if we just stop 'letting' these people into the country things will get better. Well not only have they not gotten better but the worst shootings in the countries history have occurred in the past 6 fucking months.

So if you're going to defend all this with a flippant, 'what do you know white power wasn't involved' and think that proves things are getting better or safer....good god man you're sadly mistaken.

I just want to add one more thing....we all hate this guy now...this Cruz guy (was that his name?).

I ask that you might consider him a victim. It might make us all feel good to watch him get shot in a firing squad on national TV and watch replays on youtube.

But if you insist on looking at this problem in the traditional, black and white way, when we all get someone to point at and blame, it makes it easier for us to forget about this in a few days. "that guy"...we say...."that guy is the problem."

If you treat the symptoms you'll get superficial results....but if you treat the root cause....then you'll get real results.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe not a bad idea. The brain isn't fully developed at 18.

bigbri wrote:

Good places to start, fellas.

A lot of these dudes end up being domestic abusers as well. Same with this guy and his girlfriend. Anyone wrapped up in that should be red-flagged for a gun purchase.

I like standing, no-questions-asked gun buybacks. Sure, murderers won’t turn theirs in, but maybe someone turns one in that might have been stolen one day and used in a crime. It’s something.

You’ve heard me say this again and again here: legalize pot and some other drugs. Fewer reasons to have guns for gangs. Use the tax money from pot to increase mental health services.

This is good...because it's something.

Any good group of lawmakers could roll out a combo of these ideas to address gun violence IMO.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think it's a good idea. Dads can still go out hunting with their kids, just some wacko can't goto Walmart & buy a rifle & shoot a place up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My problem is that if we charge someone as an adult at 18 then it needs to even out. Make someone an adult at 21. Let someone buy an AR15 at 21, passes a background check, criminal and psychological, also purchase a special license that demands training and must be reupped every 2-3 years.

I would be fine with that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My problem is that if we charge someone as an adult at 18 then it needs to even out. Make someone an adult at 21. Let someone buy an AR15 at 21, passes a background check, criminal and psychological, also purchase a special license that demands training and must be reupped every 2-3 years.

This is my plan

Maybe someone already said this, but effective immediately anyone under the age of 25 (or an age older than HS where we feel one is more emotionally stable etc, ID says 21) cannot purchase, possess or carry a fire arm unless hunting, etc with a licensed gun owner 25 or older.

This will wipe out the angry teenager that goes to academy sports. Any kid that grabs his family’s gun to threaten or cause harm will result in the the family going to jail. Period.

You can’t rent a car or hotel room until 25. Apply the same for guns. This could help while keeping the 2nd amendment alive and well.

Or this could be a stupid idea. Would have prevented this one (or made it harder anyway).

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Sounds good to me. ^^^

And frankly there are PLENTY of things we can do that keeps the 2nd alive and well. The problem is that the NRA fuels the idea that it's all or nothing. Which of course it is not.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Sounds good to me. ^^^

And frankly there are PLENTY of things we can do that keeps the 2nd alive and well. The problem is that the NRA fuels the idea that it's all or nothing. Which of course it is not.

Agree. There is much we can do.

@Bono says:
“I don't agree with holding a family accountable for an individual's actions but its something. My idea is just be super fvcking strict. 1st step impliment 100% full registration. All guns must be fully registered and licensed to ONE individual. Make it free to do so for the first 6 months so that people don't feel the government is trying to make it a cash grab. Then after that it's a $250 fee to register your firearm. If you want a gun so god damn bad then pay a fee. All automatic weapons though are permanently banned. There is literally zero reason for those to exist other than to kill people en mass and no asshole is using an AR-15 to protect his family. So now you've implemented mandatory registration and given 6 month grace period. for free registration NO EXCUSES. Also all illegal(automatic) firearms can be turned into authorities no questions asked, no legal penalties for the first 6 months. Now after this 6 months anybody caught with an unregistered firearm or a firearm not registered in their name or an illegal firearm faces an automatic 3 year prison sentence. No exceptions. You're in possession too bad you're a fvcking moron. A second offence gains you a 10 year prison sentence.

This may sound crazy extreme but fvck it the situation is crazy extreme. Do this and see how many fvcking losers wanna be in possession of a firearm. It's a way to get the guns out of the "bad guys" hands.”

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is my plan

Maybe someone already said this, but effective immediately anyone under the age of 25 (or an age older than HS where we feel one is more emotionally stable etc, ID says 21) cannot purchase, possess or carry a fire arm unless hunting, etc with a licensed gun owner 25 or older.

This will wipe out the angry teenager that goes to academy sports. Any kid that grabs his family’s gun to threaten or cause harm will result in the the family going to jail. Period.

You can’t rent a car or hotel room until 25. Apply the same for guns. This could help while keeping the 2nd amendment alive and well.

Or this could be a stupid idea. Would have prevented this one (or made it harder anyway).

No bans, and no punishing innocent people.

Board footer