You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

You might as well include the that Texas clock tower in the 60s since you're going back years to string together your argument. It doesn't seem rare, it is rare.

School shootings are kind of rare but mass shootings are not. But even if rare, you can see how deadly they can be.

Columbine
Arkansas
Va Tech
Sandy Hook
Oregon
Florida

But then when you throw in:
Aurora, Colorado (Batman Movie)
San Bernardino (terrorist attack)
Ft Hood (Terrorist attack)
Texas Church
Charleston Church
Dallas Police Masacre
Pulse Night Club
Las Vegas

You quickly see mass shootings in the US are not “rare”.

That is like over 1,000 folks shot.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You might as well include the that Texas clock tower in the 60s

That's where I regularly post messages on this board from. The internet is a bit unreliable, but I make it work.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

A lot of stuff happened on Friday with the Mueller investigation.

https://www.wired.com/story/mueller-ind … agency/amp

I know that some of you will downplay this because you believe the ends justified the means...but this is pretty scary stuff....and it's still going on.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I know that some of you will downplay this because you believe the ends justified the means...but this is pretty scary stuff....and it's still going on.

Big news day for sure.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

But i thought nothing was going to come of this investigation? That it’s time to move on? That no proof of anything has been presented?

Mueller is so far ahead of the average slack-jawed keyboard expert it’s no contest. He has so many cards up his sleeve and he’s playing them expertly.

The White House actually praised the indictments. Said they cleared Trump (they don’t).

So now it’s going to look even worse when Trump fires Mueller. The probe has revealed how complex and sophisticated the Russian interference is and was. To end the probe now would be akin to complicity.

Of course what these indictments really do is put a real crime out there, something prosecutable, something that’s going to get even more people cooperating with Mueller. It was the last punch in what was a week of body shots to this corrupt and scandal-ridden administration.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

But i thought nothing was going to come of this investigation? That it’s time to move on? That no proof of anything has been presented?

Mueller is so far ahead of the average slack-jawed keyboard expert it’s no contest. He has so many cards up his sleeve and he’s playing them expertly.

The White House actually praised the indictments. Said they cleared Trump (they don’t).

So now it’s going to look even worse when Trump fires Mueller. The probe has revealed how complex and sophisticated the Russian interference is and was. To end the probe now would be akin to complicity.

Of course what these indictments really do is put a real crime out there, something prosecutable, something that’s going to get even more people cooperating with Mueller. It was the last punch in what was a week of body shots to this corrupt and scandal-ridden administration.

None of yesterday is tied to trump. They may tie Trump to Russia in the future but so far it hasn’t happened.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

None of yesterday is tied to trump. They may tie Trump to Russia in the future but so far it hasn’t happened.

Yes...Trump is an honest and upstanding human being.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Lol... well what I said was true.

Again trump focuses on the fucking first responders and not much about victims and nothing about guns lol

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol... well what I said was true.

Again trump focuses on the fucking first responders and not much about victims and nothing about guns lol

Well at least he mentioned mental illness.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

So many thoughts:

Firstly, this proves Trump wrong that this is a "hoax" (although we knew this was not.) Mueller essentially got Trump to admit this now. Trump now admits our elections were tampered with, but says he didn't collude.

Again, why does Trump REFUSE to enact sanctions against Russia? Will he continue to refuse sanctions even after this? If so, why?

This latest move makes it difficult,if not impossible, to get rid of Mueller without all hell breaking loose.

Robert Gates is about to flip now too.  (Remember when a certain somebody here said it was preposterous that Flynn had begun to work with Mueller?) Who are these people giving information up on? Santa Claus? They're giving info on somebody higher up the chain. Knowing how high up both Flynn and Gates were, there isn't much further to go up. This is important to keep in mind.

The Russians thought the best way to create chaos in this country would be by getting Trump elected. That's certainly note worthy.

Bannon spent 20 hours be questioned by Mueller this last week.

Russia will clearly do this again, unless our gutless wonders in Congress and the WH take action. Will they now? What will the GOP do to protect our election process?

It's clear that by indicting the Russians, Mueller is also setting the stage for further charges against Americans. The primary focus seemed to be on Russians and social media in this indictment.

Trump said he believed Putin when he told him he didn't interfere in our election. Trump put Putin's word before our intelligence agencies. He's either lying, stupid or both. Either way, unfit to be POTUS.

Ultimately Trump put Russia's interest ahead of ours.  He knowingly lied to the American people the whole time and said this was a hoax. Trump KNEW this wasn't true.

Board footer