You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I mean, kids today have a fucked up world to grow into, and it certainly isn’t their fault. I’d hate us too.

Yea. Such a horrible world. The safest the country has ever been. Virtually every type of food at their finger tips. The internet and its endless bastion of knowledge and community. Opportunity to succeed and achieve wealth like no other time.

Such a horrible world these kids are born into. How hard it must be to find out what sex you really are. To use twitter to communicate any idea and build support. It’s so fucking horrible. What has been done to them and how can they ever forgive us.

Get the fuck out of here with this nonsense. I guess you weren’t around for the Cold War or Jim Crow or the crack epidemic. I can’t believe some of you sometimes. You totally drink the progressive kool aid and pretend because someone didn’t get the cake they wanted or got smacked in the mouth for trying to fight a cop, they live in 1939 Germany or the Soviet Union up until 89. Its fucking absurd.

Yeah, man, it’s all good. As long as you’re OK, we’re living in the golden age.

Are you serious? How is it fucked up for them? They have it better than any generation before them.

For Christ sakes, the media scooped 3-4 kids from this school who share their political point of view and gave them a 24/7 news platform and spotlight.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am grateful for those generations that came before me, not bitter towards them. What a bunch of fucking pussies. The generations before us are the ones that sacrificed... I owe everything to those that came before us.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe those mother fuckers need to watch Saving Private Ryan then come back here and tell them fuck you. Haha I sound like a snow flake now. Those bitches need bitched slapped lol.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think it's funny they're alienating people who agree with their position. It's only going to get worse.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think it's funny they're alienating people who agree with their position. It's only going to get worse.

The more of this Hogg bitch I see the more pissed I get. Lol

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-teac … 40620.html

That is what real racism looks like.  The incredibly rare and absurd shit where not a soul in the world would defend it. And as soon as it was exposed, society stamped it out.  Pretending like the modern generation isn't the most pampered and privileged group of humanity there's ever been, doesn't make their perceived grievances valid. 

Can any of you that disagree and whom think these children are born in a shitty situation, point to a time where they'd have had it better?  Where they'd have the privileges and abilities to express themselves more than any other generation?  Where the crime was ever lower?  Where the average wage for someone with skilled labor or college entry level jobs was higher?  Where the poor were more fed, educated, sheltered and medicated than at any other time?  I mean for christs sakes, like Maher's new rules segment said, there's someone willing to be offended by anything.  And we've enabled a generation to think that cage free chickens is something to fucking march on DC for.  These aren't real problems or valid grievances.  It's pettiness and entitlement, but a tough life or worse off position, it is not.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am grateful for those generations that came before me, not bitter towards them. What a bunch of fucking pussies. The generations before us are the ones that sacrificed... I owe everything to those that came before us.

It doesn't have to be so black and white. Yes previous generations laid the groundwork for a good life, but they also fucked shit up. These kids just saw 17 of their friends  mowed down in school, they're allowed to and right, to point out our failures. Especially as it relates to our nutty gun culture and the legislators who fail children in this country daily.

Edit: You are being a little snowflakey-get-off-my-lawn here on this one. Leave that to the resident curmudgeons. 16

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Back in Trumpland:

Special counsel wants documents on Trump, numerous campaign associates

WASHINGTON — The grand jury investigating alleged collusion between Russia and Donald Trump's presidential campaign has sent a witness a subpoena seeking all documents involving the president and a host of his closest advisers, according to a copy of the subpoena reviewed by NBC News.

According to the subpoena, which was sent to a witness by special counsel Robert Mueller, investigators want emails, text messages, work papers, telephone logs and other documents going back to Nov. 1, 2015, 4½ months after Trump launched his campaign.

The witness shared details of the subpoena on condition of anonymity. The news site Axios reported Sunday that a subpoena was sent to a witness last month.

In addition to the president, the subpoena seeks documents that have anything to do with these current and former Trump associates:

Steve Bannon, who left the White House as chief strategist in August.
Michael Cohen, a personal lawyer for Trump who testified before congressional investigators in October.
Rick Gates, Trump's former deputy campaign manager, who pleaded guilty last month to conspiracy and lying to the FBI.
Hope Hicks, who resigned last week as Trump's communications director.
Corey Lewandowski, Trump's campaign manager until June 2016.
Paul Manafort, a former Trump campaign manager and Gates' business partner, who pleaded not guilty to money laundering, conspiracy and making false statements last week.
Carter Page, a former Trump campaign aide.
Keith Schiller, a former bodyguard for Trump who left as director of Oval Office operations in September.
Roger Stone, a longtime Republican political operative and Trump campaign adviser who sources have told NBC News is the focus of investigators interested in his contacts with WikiLeaks during the campaign.

Once Hicks' resignation takes effect in the next few weeks, Cohen will be the only person listed in the subpoena who hasn't left the employment of Trump or of the White House.

Katy Tur reported from Washington. Alex Johnson reported from Los Angeles.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- … es-n853386

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

For Christ sakes, the media scooped 3-4 kids from this school who share their political point of view and gave them a 24/7 news platform and spotlight.

Share their political point of view? Since when is it political to want to end gun violence in our schools? 

These kids organized this themselves...

The teenage strategy sessions that built an anti-gun movement out of the trauma of Parkland in one week.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 … l#comments

Board footer