You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fucking Trump is winning so much lately nobody can handle it. The tariffs are simply punishing all those that have been Fucking us anyway. Just balancing things out some.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fucking Trump is winning so much lately nobody can handle it. The tariffs are simply punishing all those that have been Fucking us anyway. Just balancing things out some.

I mean he hasn't shit himself too badly this week, but the jury is still out on tariffs and with North Korea. A lot of people, a lot of in the GOP and certainly our allies, think tariffs are ill-advised and will hurt consumers, particularly those that voted for Trump and those in agriculture especially. Kim Jong Un has talked about going back to the bargaining table before and backed out. Certainly if we can de-nuclearize North Korea that is fantastic. That would be a significant accomplishment. What concessions will we make to get there? The Iran deal to thwart their nuclear program was not welcomed by anyone in the GOP. How is this going to be different? We'll see.

The jobs report is great news too. Just as great as when we added this many jobs under Obama a couple years ago.

I'm not going to pretend any of this is bad news, but I don't recall the cheering for Obama when the economy was cruising along for 7 straight years.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I mean he hasn't shit himself too badly this week, but the jury is still out on tariffs and with North Korea. A lot of people, a lot of in the GOP and certainly our allies, think tariffs are ill-advised and will hurt consumers, particularly those that voted for Trump and those in agriculture especially. Kim Jong Un has talked about going back to the bargaining table before and backed out. Certainly if we can de-nuclearize North Korea that is fantastic. That would be a significant accomplishment. What concessions will we make to get there? The Iran deal to thwart their nuclear program was not welcomed by anyone in the GOP. How is this going to be different? We'll see.

The jobs report is great news too. Just as great as when we added this many jobs under Obama a couple years ago.

I'm not going to pretend any of this is bad news, but I don't recall the cheering for Obama when the economy was cruising along for 7 straight years.

Adding 300,000 jobs at full employment is more impressive than adding it at 6 or 7% but everyone in the MSM loved Obama and now everyone in the MSM hates Trump. I pull for the US. Obama gets credit for taking out Osama Bin Laden (though according to the movie they sat on that forever and Jessica Chastain chased him for like 10 years) lol. But anyway, Obama did help guide us out of a recession. Trump is now guiding us through a robust growth period that may or may not be real and is too early to tell.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Employment increased by 313,000 in February, a whopping 57% more than the 200,000 increase economists had been expecting. Job gains occurred in construction, retail trade, professional and business services, manufacturing, financial activities, and mining. Manufacturing added 31,000 jobs, up to 224,000 for the year.

The unemployment rate remained at 4.1%, the lowest in 17 years. Black unemployment dropped to 6.9%, down from Obama's 8% in Dec 2016. The labor force participation rate increased by 0.3% to 63.0. There were 373,000 discouraged workers in February, down by 149,000 from a year earlier. And wages grew at a 2.6% rate.

Additionally, the job numbers for December were revised up from +160,000 to +175,000, and January’s numbers were revised up from +200,000 to +239,000.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

There were over 1 MILLION jobs created - the highest number this century. And 729,000 of them were full time, while 277,000 were part time. More for the libs to hate as they hate seeing the country do well....

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

. More for the libs to hate as they hate seeing the country do well....

This is a stupid thing to say. For 7 of Obama's 8 years the country "did well," did people hate it? Besides the GOP, I mean?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

. More for the libs to hate as they hate seeing the country do well....

This is a stupid thing to say. For 7 of Obama's 8 years the country "did well," did people hate it? Besides the GOP, I mean?

Bigbri the last line isn’t serious. This was a copy and paste.

As far as 7 of 8 years, we were “recovering” but the nation wasn’t “doing well”. There were many very lean years during those times.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck, it is getting nasty in here. Can we try to tone down the anger some?

Don’t confuse passion with anger. Some people have been posting nonsense and emotion driven garbage for weeks. If all they can offer are moronic posts and twitter comments, maybe they shouldn’t be part of the discussion. Maybe they’d be better suited marching along the parkland bozos.

Irony alert. I mean...seriously.

You're just as toxic as they come, and just like Buzz you seem acutely unaware of it. Completely oblivious.

But the topper is referring to those marching against gun violence as "parkland bozos." What a fucking little creep you are. A sad little man.

Let's be clear: I treat you exactly the way you deserve to be treated.  You'll note I don't talk down to everyone.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

About that meeting with Kim Jong-Un ....

It's almost as if Trump speaks before thinking .... the same thing has happened with how many of his announcements?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Don’t confuse passion with anger. Some people have been posting nonsense and emotion driven garbage for weeks. If all they can offer are moronic posts and twitter comments, maybe they shouldn’t be part of the discussion. Maybe they’d be better suited marching along the parkland bozos.

Well I’ll give you one thing...maybe you don’t have emotion....but you peddle plenty of fucking garbage.

Don’t worry about responding...I’ll just see what Tucker has to say.

Bye, Mitch. You’ve embarrassed yourself far more than I ever could. You’ve been weighed and measured and found wanting.

......yawn.....

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

The tariffs are slowly disappearing too ...

Board footer